Start by marking “Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #27)” as Want to Read:
Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #27)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries #27)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  223 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Cam Jansen, her friends, and their parents are at school for a book fair. Everyone?s favorite mystery writer, Jim E. Winter, is also there signing books. During the signing, Danny?s parents discover their car is missing. Was it stolen? Jim E. Winter thinks he can solve the mystery. But will super sleuth Cam click her way to the thief first? Perfect for beginning chapter bo ...more
Published September 6th 2007 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery

Tricia
Jul 30, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it
My oldest child used to love Cam Jansen books. They were the first ones we listened to (on CD) on car trips when he was 4 or 5, and when we ran out of those, we read aloud the print books. But it's been a long time since Cam has visited our house, so my first thought was "is this a new illustrator?"

My 6yo son enjoyed the story and wanted me to keep reading. I liked how it was deliciously self-referential: from the jabs at the author-of-Blake-books for always saying the same thing at the beginni
Glenda
Feb 16, 2010 Glenda rated it liked it
I had to read this because my son is doing his first book report on it. I think this was one of those free books that you get from Scholastic books. I am not sure how my son would rate this except he kept saying this is a girl book. LOL. I found it to be little bit boring for a mystery. One of the lines in the book that I kept reread it to make sure I read it correctly. They would refer to being in line as on line or getting out of line as off line. I don't think I have heard of being in line re ...more
Cher
Aug 28, 2014 Cher rated it really liked it
Cute book and my 2nd grader is loving it!
Kaytee
Apr 27, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was ok
it was ok it wasent very inststing
Kristen
Nov 20, 2012 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: blake-s-shelf, 2012
Blake brought this home for homework. He had to read a chapter a night and write about what happens in each chapter. It was at his reading level (1st grade) and he seemed to enjoy it. Although I don't know how well a developing reader in 1st grade can enjoy mystery. I didn't want to bash my head against the table listening to him read it to me each night (cough Junie B Jones cough) which in my book is a plus.
Janel
Mar 22, 2012 Janel rated it it was ok
Cam Jansen's name and gimick is genius, but everything else about this book is incredibly boring and bland. There was hardly anything mysterious or interesting to notice in this book. This makes it a great beginning mystery book for my group of struggling third-grade readers, I suppose, but bores me to my core.
Sarah Maddaford
This book might have been better if I had read it as a child. I was somewhat annoyed by the 'click' thing, but it is a pretty good story mechanic. The mystery was too simple and very easy to solve. I also hated the mystery writer even though none of the characters seemed to mind him too much.
Dolly
Oct 24, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We enjoy reading the Cam Jansen mysteries together and our girls like to take the memory challenge at the end of the stories too. This is a good rainy day story and an interesting mystery.
Kaethe
I do not like Cam Jansen. I'm okay with the photographic memory and the "Click", but everything else about the book annoyed me. Not least of which was trying to read the name "Jim E. Winter" aloud, correctly.
Jadeyy
Sep 22, 2010 Jadeyy added it
iReally Like There Books
Nicole Moore
Nicole Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Gina
Gina added it
Apr 27, 2016
Carys
Carys rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Apollo & Sky
Apollo & Sky rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Dakota
Dakota rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Sandra
Sandra added it
Mar 20, 2016
Kalei Bruce
Kalei Bruce marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Allie
Allie rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
  • Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4)
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)