Start by marking “Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)” as Want to Read:
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries #6)

The Cam Jansen books are perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books, and Cam is a spunky young heroine whom readers have loved for over two decades. Now the first ten books in the series have updated covers that bring new life to these perennial best-sellers. Old fans and new readers will love Cam's cool, modern look!
Published September 1st 1985 by Penguin USA (first published 1982)

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball

Laura Verret
I’d never heard of Cam Jansen before until I ran into this, the sixth installment in her adventures.

The Story.

Cam Jansen and her friend, Eric Shelton are eager to attend the local hobby show. So many interesting crafts are on display! There are needlepoint pillows, old posters, toys, and best of all, a whole table about Babe Ruth. The booth even features a baseball signed by the famous slugger!

When the baseball is stolen, Cam and Eric know that they must track down the thief quickly. But who co
midnightfaerie
Feb 10, 2014 midnightfaerie rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Anne
Mar 14, 2017 Anne rated it it was ok
Read this book with one of my reading groups. This group had a third grader and a fourth grader and we each found the book to be kind of boring and predictable.
Lenae Haley
Mar 27, 2016 Lenae Haley rated it liked it
Cam Jansen seems to be an ordinary little girl but there is something unique about her. When she was at the community hobby show, Mr. Baker's baseball signed by Babe Ruth suddenly went missing. Read this book to find out how Cam Jansen, a fifth grade girl with a great photographic memory, solved the theft.

This was a cute read. I would read more of these books.

I think teachers could use this in lower elementary. It is a very easy read. It would be good to start introducing chapter books using th
Dolly
Aug 30, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another fun mystery in the Cam Jansen Mysteries series by David A. Adler and Susanna Natti. We've read most of these books and have really enjoyed them all. This was a tricky mystery to solve and although I saw it coming, our girls were stunned. It's an entertaining story and we are looking forward to reading the few we haven't read yet.
Kaylan Nurse
Mar 06, 2014 Kaylan Nurse rated it liked it
Can Jansen is always up to something. After the special Babe Ruth ball goes missing, she's on a hunt for it and it's thief. A lesson in social studies can be taught using the information about Babe Ruth and history! Students love to learn about important people and their contributions to history. They could also re enact the story!
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

When a prized baseball, autographed by Babe Ruth, is stolen from the community craft show, Cam's memory is put to the test. Can Cam and Eric cover all the bases to catch the thief?

A great mystery/detective series - a great novel for young children (easy to read). For those who like Harriet the Spy and Encyclopedia Brown.
Kara Laidig
Oct 27, 2016 Kara Laidig rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
When I was younger I read all of Cam Jansen's books and loved them. This took me back to my childhood. Cam has a remarkable memory and helps an old man find his stolen baseball.This book can teach kids that it is not right to steal things. It shows the consequences for stealing but also how it makes the person, that you stole from, feel.
Anders Jensen
Dec 10, 2015 Anders Jensen rated it liked it
This was the first chapter book book my 3 1/2 year old read with me. He found it and insisted I read it to him. I needed to explain a lot of things do that be could comprehend the story. Best to read this book to a 5-7 year old
Anna
Jun 19, 2009 Anna rated it it was amazing
I liked the Hall of Hobbies. It is a hall where people brought collections of things they had and put them in the hall. One collection was a baseball collection and someone took the Babe Ruth baseball.
Kristine Hansen
Aug 10, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Not just any missing baseball, but a Babe Ruth baseball sends Cam out hunting the thief. A clever mystery with a lot of fabulous baseball facts. I really enjoyed trying to figure out where the baseball went.
Sara
May 26, 2008 Sara rated it did not like it
What I learned was that Cam was at a baseball exhibit somewhere and the guy who was the worker at the baseball exhibit and someone stole the Babe Ruth Ball that was signed by Babe Ruth back when the worker was a kid.
Beth Anne
Jun 04, 2014 Beth Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-aloud, 2014
Another fun read aloud mystery with Emma and Will.
Cws
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Adl
Jesse Baldwin
May 07, 2015 Jesse Baldwin added it
Shelves: mystery
Here is a mystery book about sports with a girl as the main character.
Kaytee
Apr 27, 2015 Kaytee rated it liked it
somebody stole the bab ruth baseball. it was a little boy who took it.
Emma B
Mar 14, 2016 Emma B rated it really liked it
Andd Becker
Jan 25, 2014 Andd Becker rated it really liked it
Love the Cam Jansen concept!
Cassnyc
Mar 06, 2013 Cassnyc rated it it was amazing
Loved this series especially this book! These books got me though hard times with my dyslexia. I recommend these books to young readers who like mysteries.
Zan Hardy
May 10, 2013 Zan Hardy rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Donna (Jaevenstar)
Apr 05, 2010 Donna (Jaevenstar) rated it it was ok
Another book I read to prepare for our reading groups in my classroom. Not my style of literature. : )
Mellanie C
Jan 08, 2017 Mellanie C marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Anhia
Apr 18, 2013 Anhia rated it it was amazing
Good book!
Joe Gardner
Apr 17, 2010 Joe Gardner rated it really liked it
This is a great series for younger readers who enjoy solvining mysteries, with a child being the mystery solver. Tie into baseball.
Gabriela
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.8 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Lila Olsen
Jan 09, 2015 Lila Olsen rated it it was amazing
I liked how Cam smartly solved the mystery.
Huhu
Huhu rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Ashley Bennett
Ashley Bennett rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Jeanannabanana
Jeanannabanana rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • The Beast in Ms. Rooney's Room (The Kids of the Polk Street School, #1)
  • Electric Storm (Magic School Bus Chapter Books, #14)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper