Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries #6)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  522 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The Cam Jansen books are perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books, and Cam is a spunky young heroine whom readers have loved for over two decades. Now the first ten books in the series have updated covers that bring new life to these perennial best-sellers. Old fans and new readers will love Cam's cool, modern look!

Published July 22nd 2004 by Puffin (first published 1982)

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball

midnightfaerie
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
I’d never heard of Cam Jansen before until I ran into this, the sixth installment in her adventures.

The Story.

Cam Jansen and her friend, Eric Shelton are eager to attend the local hobby show. So many interesting crafts are on display! There are needlepoint pillows, old posters, toys, and best of all, a whole table about Babe Ruth. The booth even features a baseball signed by the famous slugger!

When the baseball is stolen, Cam and Eric know that they must track down the thief quickly. But who co...more
Dolly
Aug 30, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another fun mystery in the Cam Jansen Mysteries series by David A. Adler and Susanna Natti. We've read most of these books and have really enjoyed them all. This was a tricky mystery to solve and although I saw it coming, our girls were stunned. It's an entertaining story and we are looking forward to reading the few we haven't read yet.
Beth Anne
Another fun read aloud mystery with Emma and Will.
Andd Becker
Love the Cam Jansen concept!
Kaylan Nurse
Can Jansen is always up to something. After the special Babe Ruth ball goes missing, she's on a hunt for it and it's thief. A lesson in social studies can be taught using the information about Babe Ruth and history! Students love to learn about important people and their contributions to history. They could also re enact the story!
Deborah Harris
Dec 24, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a19, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 17660 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.8 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Sara
What I learned was that Cam was at a baseball exhibit somewhere and the guy who was the worker at the baseball exhibit and someone stole the Babe Ruth Ball that was signed by Babe Ruth back when the worker was a kid.
Kristine Pratt
Not just any missing baseball, but a Babe Ruth baseball sends Cam out hunting the thief. A clever mystery with a lot of fabulous baseball facts. I really enjoyed trying to figure out where the baseball went.
Anna
I liked the Hall of Hobbies. It is a hall where people brought collections of things they had and put them in the hall. One collection was a baseball collection and someone took the Babe Ruth baseball.
Cassnyc
Loved this series especially this book! These books got me though hard times with my dyslexia. I recommend these books to young readers who like mysteries.
Joe Gardner
This is a great series for younger readers who enjoy solvining mysteries, with a child being the mystery solver. Tie into baseball.
Donna (Jaevenstar)
Another book I read to prepare for our reading groups in my classroom. Not my style of literature. : )
Jamijones
this book was real good she is a good detective....
Sydney
i like the part when cam finds the babe ruth baseball.
Annie
It was so good it took me 2 or 3 days!
Anhia
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Adl
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
  • Horrible Harry's Secret
  • Two Times the Fun
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • The Littles Go To School
  • Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then-...more
More about David A. Adler...
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)