Start by marking “The Snowy Day Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #24)” as Want to Read:
The Snowy Day Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #24)

The Snowy Day Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries #24)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  18 reviews
After nearly a quarter of a century, Cam Jansen remains a popular character, garnering new fans with each new title. In this newest Cam Jansen mystery, it's a very snowy day outside, so Cam and Eric are running late to computer lab. When they finally arrive, they realize that three computers are missing! There are only two clues—footprints in the snow outside and a locked ...more
Published October 6th 2005 by Puffin (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Snowy Day Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Snowy Day Mystery

Tammy  King Carlton
Rebekah has enjoyed the early readers so much, that we moved up to the chapter books. We are half-way through, and it's been fun to see her wonder how Cam is going to solve the mystery.
-we just finished lastnight. I actually got a little bored with Cam, but Rebekah really enjoys them. The way she figured out who stole with computers was very clever.
Tricia
my 6yo and I liked that some of the other children in the class were helping puzzle through the clues - but then it shifted to just Cam, which was a bit disappointing. I did feel like this story provided the reader with a bit more to hang on to in terms of figuring out the mystery than some of the other books in the series.
Cam Jansen mysteries are classic early chapter books for kids in grades 1 and 2. In this installment, Cam heads to school on a snowy day. When her class discovers that several computers have been stolen from the school's computer lab, Cam and her photographic memory piece together the clues to discover who stole the equipment.

As an adult, it's easy to pick apart this mystery. Like all Cam Jansen books, Cam's nickname and abilities to solve mysteries are explained. While Cam remembers the clue t
Joanna Price
Ages 6-9. Cam Jansen, famous for her photographic memory, investigates the case of the stolen school computers in this snowy mystery. Part of a large series of beginning chapter books, this Cam Jansen mystery brings fresh and witty dialogue as well as more complex human emotions to the table--including a class clown whose jokes nobody likes and a friend of Cam's who shows off her ability to solve mysteries when she isn't so sure. The black and white illustrations illicit a nostalgia for snowman ...more
*Queen Diva*
I didn't care much for this book. Even if I was a kid, I would have been bored to death. There is too much slow, repeat of what is going on and unnecessary "storytelling" (such as "Cam and Eric walked down the hall to their class. They entered the class and sat at their desks. They looked up at the teacher" etc.) and you never even find out who was the culprit behind the "Snowy Day Mystery". My kids sat through it, but I didn't enjoy it. I probably will not be reading any more Cam Jansen books t ...more
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Annie
Author: David A. Adler
Illustrated by: Susanna Natti
Genre: Mystery
Interest Level: 3rd
Grade Level Equivalent: 2.7
Lexile: 520L

Cam Jansen is a very observant girl with a photographic memory. When three computers are stolen from the computer lab at school on a snowy day, she uses her abilities to figure out what happened. She is aided by her best friend Eric, and Danny (the most annoying character you've ever read) tags along too.
Dolly
Jan 02, 2011 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls just love the Cam Jansen series of stories and they kept asking me to read one more chapter over and over until we finished the book. It was an interesting story and although it was a simple mystery to solve, our girls loved it. Our oldest loves the memory challenges at the end, too. We are so glad that we discovered this series!
Alexa
One day Cam Jansen and her friend play a memory game to test Cam's memory. One of the things Cam memorized is a blue car coming out of the teachers parking lot. She even memorized the license plate! When she finds out that three computers are missing she tries solving the mystery. Will she solve the mystery or will the thief win?
Deborah Harris
Dec 27, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a20, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 83533 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.4 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Major
Jun 27, 2010 Major rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children who like mysteries.
Shelves: begin-chapter
Cam Jansen has a photographic memory. One day her class goes to the computer lab only to find out that three computers have been stolen. Cam uses her brains and her photographic memory to help the police solve the mystery.
Elisha and Elyssa
Don't steal anything. Even if it is as little as an eraser or as big as the Statue of Liberty, don't steal anything that is not yours. Stealing hurts yourself and other people, especially the person you stole from.
Diana Hvalyk
it was chilldish and did not mack sence to me. It was allso a mystery so i did not like it. But was in good content and had ganes to prove you read and understood.
Sara
May 26, 2008 Sara added it
Someone stole some computers and some other stuff from the computer room at Cams school.
Alexis Conelly
Ewelina
I read it in an hour. It was quite fun.
z.diddy
The mystery was interesting.
Kaden F
Kaden F marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Eschelle
Eschelle is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Eva Cueto
Eva Cueto marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
Dec 02, 2014
Calcine Smith
Calcine Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • The White Wolf (A to Z Mysteries, #23)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Aliens for Breakfast
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)