The Boyfriend (Point Horror Series)

The Boyfriend (Point Horror)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  1,630 ratings  ·  108 reviews
Her boyfriend is dead . . . or is he?
Published by Scholastic (first published October 1st 1990)

Kiana H.
This was one of my favorite books. It was about how this girl named Joanna is dating Dex. Dex is madly in love with her, but Joanna doesn't even care. One day, Dex pulls a joke on her and it goes to far. Dex purposedly falls off a cliff and Joanna doesn't even help him. She runs off to get help, but then gets into a car crash. She ends up in the hospital and Dex's best friend Pete tells her that Dex died. Later on in the story, Dex comes back and his wants his last date with Joanna. Pete tells J...more
Allison
Marisa
I recomened this book about a girl who's really stuck up and she likes to make ppl squirm and wait on her she's really a snob one day she stands up her boyfreind dex for another guy that night she sneaks out with dex and he falls off a cliff she runs and drives away to get help and gets in a car crash and has to go into the hospital she thinks dex is dead and he comes back from the dead for one last date...
Anna
Do you like hearing about mysterious and chaotic things? This book is great because it keeps you thinking about everything that is happening all at once. I loved this book. I loved this book because it keeps you thinking about everything that might happen after each part. It is kind of mysterious because things happen in a very creepy way. I would say that while you are reading this book, do not have anything else except the book. This book is also kind of scary. It just talks about a girl going...more
Generra Garris
I really like this book. This is the best book I have read yet. I really connected to this book because I felt kind that the way she treated her boyfriend was kind of fail. She didn’t have to stand him up the way she did and sneak around with another boy. If she wanted to see other people that’s all she had to say to him. And I feel that it’s her fault that he died. Because if she wasn’t making there relationship weird and unwanted he wouldn’t have tried to impress her and jump off the cliff.
=)viancy
love it.....awesome book..karma,its so wierd how every thing you do in life whether its good or bad, it always gets you back..and this book is such a great way to learn a lesson on how to treat people that love you..if you want to learn a little something about boyfriends, i highly recommend this book( sometimes love can be murder!!!!!) :0
Michelle Elizabeth
Honestly, I thought that The Boyfriend by R.L. Stine was intense!!! There was a lot of action, and drama. One part that I loved (Spoiler Alert) Is when Derrick (Joanna's Boyfriend) Comes back for her and wakes her up when she is sleeping in her room. I guess i liked that part because she thought he was dead. xP
Vanessa
I think that book was so hot because it is so much drama and suspence I read it like twice.
Sierra
In R.L. Stine's book The Boyfriend, there are many mischievious things that go on. The ending was sortive a drag for me because I didn't really understand it. Joanna had actually died instead of Dex and it was really confusing for me to catch on. It really left me uninformative. Through out the book you have to pay really close attention to what is happening, or else your not going to know what happend at the end of the book. For me I had to jot down notes to keep track of what just had took pl...more
Caroline W.
The Boyfriend by R.L Stine was not the best book I’ve ever read. There were parts of it that I loved, and parts that I was confused about. I think that this book would be enjoyed by bot boy and girl, because it has romance and horror.
One of the main reasons I did like the book was because, the characters were very dynamic. They seemed real life because they changed a lot throughout the story. Joanna was self-centered at the beginning, but by the end she realized her self-centered ways could h...more
Sierra
Feb 12, 2010 Sierra is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
so far its good. dex joannas boyfriend fell off a cliff and died and all she did was driv away in her car and then she got in a crash on the way down by a truck. she had a dream bout that and then she had a nother dream that all of it was a dream but in real life it happend to her and her boyfriend.. so she was in the hosptial for a few weeks and then she got out. she really didnt care what happend to dex cause she was going to break up with him in the first plasce. and as dex was off the cliff...more
Jessica
Have you ever felt that the guy you were dating was not really the love of your life? Well in The Boyfriend Joanna dates a poor guy named Dex. Joanna's friend knows everyone of her secrets and knows that Joanna really does not like Dex and is going out with another guy. Joanna's friend is madly in love with Dex and tells Dex about Joanna. Together they set a trap and say that Dex is dead and he comes back from the dead. Their plan worked and made Joanna regret everything that she had done badly...more
Salina
After i read this book ,i was afraid to have a boyfriend =] ...this guy named dex is dating this girl joanna.joanna doesnt really care about him as much as she used to ..so dex plays a trick on her by purposefully falling on a cliff and telling his friend pete to tell joanna that he is dead.joanna keeps seeing him and she tells her friends that he came back from the dead..later on in the book pete calls joanna nd tells her that dex is coming back from the dead to kill her...when dex arrived at t...more
Ivan
I took a break from those long books and decided to go for a lighter read for some fun. I'm very much into horror books and whatnot, so R.L. Stein was an almsot immidiate choice. The general plot is not very original but the author still very much grabs you by the hair and drags you into his world. The multiple twists make one go "Woah! I did not see that comming!" which adds even more to the suspense build up present in the story.
Miranda
hmmmmm great thriller,
teenage johanna....i forgot her last name, but her boyfriend dex is a goof off and johanna like to keep him waiting, but she goes too far. Her dex and dex's friend go to some spot all teens go, but there is a cliff, knowing dex she knew he was gonna make a scene, but she didnt know the cliff wasnt secure, when dex goes and goofs off up there the rock dalls and so does he. butt is dex really dead???
Shea
i read this book after my sister and i really liked it.
THis book is about a girl. She doesn't like her boyfriend, Dex. So she decides to use him. She likes this other boy. She wants to break up with Dex but she doesn't want to hurt his feelings, so she's going to date both boys at the same time. Your going to have to read the book if you want to find out more.
Debra
Oh my gosh! I love this book i can't believe that he dies but he's still alive. But at the end he's not dating her anymore so he like comes back to get her. but she kills him again! She takes a knife and sticks it in his chest. The author uses good details in writing it that I read it like 5 times already.
Nandy
This book was okay. It wasn't much of a shock as the first. The girls boyfriend decided to pretend to be dead and freaked her out a couple of times. In the end he wasn't dead in fact, he left his girlfriend for her bestfriend. Overall it was okay. I just wish it could have been better.
Saymon
i absolutely love this book. I read this twice in one month. I'm so serious. This book was good from the beginning to the end. I want to read any book that's similar to this one. I seriously love this book and i would read this again. I strongly recommend this book.
Amy
I remember reading this when I was 11. It was one of my favorite books. I loved how Dex played the practical joke but it went to far. R.L. Stine was one of my favorite authors as a child.
Katherine
The end was a totally twist I didn't expect it at all. I enjoyed this book to an extent. I didn't like the girls attitude but I didn't think she deserved to be terrorized.
Schuylar
This book is great with a lot of awesome twists. I'm glad that the main character got frightened throughout the book by people that she thought liked her because she deserved it.
F
Dew plays joke on the main character, Joanna Collier. Dew keeps returning from the grave. Joanna realizes that she is in a grave also by being so self-centered.
Julie
Jan 03, 2009 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: anyone who like mysteries
Recommended to Julie by: i found it in the libary
mikha  ϟ
I just read this book for fun because my friend thinks its funny.
I think it is too weird.
I got pissed off by all the characters at the end.
It was so weird.
Ruby Wong
... How would you feel If you know that your friend has been cheating on you the whole time ? o.0
Amanda
this book is so good its like it was made just for me everyone should a chance to read it
Roxie Baumgartner
I thought this book was an awesome book. I didn't really get the ending though.
Mercedes
I loved this book when I was much younger and wouldn't mind reading it again.
Caitlin
The Boyfriend (Point Horror Series) by R. L. Stine (2004)
The Boyfriend 8 17 Apr 14, 2012 03:09PM
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Cheerleader (Point Horror, #18)
  • The Waitress
  • Prom Dress
  • Spellbound

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)