Start by marking “I*O*N” as Want to Read:
I*O*N

I*O*N

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  977 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Tsuburagi Ion ist ein normales Highschool-Girl. Sie ist ein wenig verliebt und zwar in den Präsidenten des Clubs für übernatürliche Phänomene. Und wie könnte sie seine Aufmerksamkeit wohl besser auf sich ziehen, als eben diesem Club bei zu treten.
Doch natürlich ist die Theorie wieder einmal viel einfacher als die Umsetzung. Denn da gibt es ja noch Ai Minase, sie ist Mikado...more
Taschenbuch, 208 pages
Published September 28th 2003 by Ehapa Comic Collection - Egmont Manga & Anime (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about I*O*N, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I*O*N

Laurel
It's...okay? It's definitely cute, but I guess Gentleman's Alliance appeals to me more. Tanemura's style is also more defined in that one.

Here, it's like...trapped in 1996 and it's a little jarring to look at for me and I really can't explain it anymore than that.

Woo?
Christina
Ion Tsuburagi has always been able to make any wish she desires come true by chanting her given name slowly and intently. Then, in High School, Ion encounters a boy in pursuit of his dream-- he wants to study and understand psychic powers! When he is gone one evening, Ion sneaks into his makeshift laboratory (a shed in the back of the school) and picks up his research material-- a substance that looks like a strange and familiar stone. When Ion picks it up, however, there is a strange electrical...more
Caroline
Aug 23, 2008 Caroline rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author
Shelves: manga, young-adult
Eh...this book was unbelievably weird, and it wasn't drawn all too well. Also, who names their kid Ion? Who lets their spouse name their kid Ion?
Alice
For a one-shot volume (six chapters I think?), Tanemura manages to fit a good amount of plot and character development into this book. I was pleasantly surprised that the love triangle was resolved, with the two girls becoming friends -- I wish more series did that.

The student president, who kept grabbing Ion, followed her around, and wouldn't take no for an answer, was an incredibly uncomfortable character.

Still, the charming side characters and Ion herself is enough to make up for that.

I'd hig...more
Kendra
I.O.N Vol. 01
by Arina Tanemura
ppg216 usa
viz media
isbn:9781421518008

In this book i liked the mystery of every thing and the way she put the story. the flash backs really explained alot.She was very good at the order she didnt give us a clue what was going to happen but we guessed any way and i liked thta there was no way you would have guessed what happened.

I also really liked how they were able to pick the tiltle becasue the title really is the actaction i saw and also it really is the main idea...more
Koorihime-sama
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Art Touch-Up: 5 out of 5
Translation: 4 out of 5
Design: 5 out of 5

When Ion Tsuburagi chants her first name, good things happen to her. However, when she meet Mikado and touches something he’s been developing, her powers start growing into something more. What is the thing she touched; and why is it giving Ion spec...more
Lottie Eve
Ion Tsuburagi chants the letters of her first name as a charm to bring good luck when she needs it. Then she meets Mikado Hourai, the president of the Psychic Powers Research Society at school, and touches a mysterious substance he's been developing. Now chanting "I-O-N" gives her telekinetic powers.

I picked up this manga because the synopsis sounded very cute and fun. I liked the idea and thought it would be a very quick and lighthearted read. I did enjoy it at first but after reading this mang...more
Kitty Holmes
ION es un tomo único que me ha decepcionado bastante. Esperaba encontrar un tomo entretenido, como el anterior tomo único que leí de la autora, pero me he encontrado una historia repetitiva, que me ha costado de leer y que ni sus personajes salvan ya que son igual de planos que la historia.

Lo recomiendo únicamente para fans de la autora porque la verdad es que es un tomo que tiene poco que aportar.

Reseña completa: http://elesconditedelaspalabrasperdid...
Chelsea
Arina Tanemura is a great Mangaka and I really like her style. This series is only 1 volume long and has less drama than some of her other series but is really good. This is a really fun story about a girl who discovers she has psychic powers and what she does with them. This story is also about how she falls in love with a boy that admires her powers and the relationship that develops between them.

Contains Chapters: 1 - 6
Chapter 01.) A Miracle in Three Seconds
Chapter 02.) Private Heroine
Chapter...more
Starbubbles
the story develops in a nice climatic way. the artwork at times gets a bit shaky, but that might be b/c i don't like the aesthetics of one characters. it's like playing that game from sesame street, "one of these things doesn't belong here..."
it's a very cute story, done in a lighthearted way. i did think it was a bit odd that everyone was so accepting of psychic powers. i guess to have others not accept someone having telekinetic powers (maybe thinking it's freakish, or something to that effect...more
Heffa
Nov 09, 2012 Heffa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 12+
Shelves: manga
Ich liebe Arina Tanemura's Zeichenstil. Auch, wenn ich am Anfang echte Probleme hatte in die Geschichte reinzukommen, weil ich von "Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne" ziemlich gebranntmarkt bin und daher in 80% der Charaktere immer einen aus eben dieser Mangaserie sehe. Nach dem ich das, nach ein paar Seiten, hinter mir gelassen habe, konnte ich mich vollends auf die Story einlassen.

vollständige Rezension lesen: http://www.secretsofrock.net/2012/10/...
*Queen Diva*
I read this manga for the Mini Game Challenge in the Manga Book Club... I wasn't thoroughly impressed with it. It was an alright storyline. The art was okay. There really wasn't anything particularly special about this one shot. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. It really was just ok.
Kimberly
The heroine of this book bothered me. A LOT. She was unbelievably self-centered until the end, when she finally confessed her love.
Arina Tanemura has definitely had better art, and I would've preferred that she redraw everything before releasing this book.
Nohely
This is Tanemura- sensei first work ever! Of course it is magical girl with some marvelous romance. Sadly it is only one volume of six chapters, quite enjoyable. I.O.N is fun a read about a girl with telekinesis (a power I would love to have).
Ichigo
i just read this and its such a cute romance ^_^ it makes me wish i had someone like ion to make me happy all the time exept it would be a boy of course. but her friend is really weird it looks like she's crying all the time-_-?
Jennica
I have read this one over and over again. I like that it is only one volume because it makes it easy to keep track of everything, but I also kind of wish there were more. XD It is a really sweet story.
William
Thanks to this book, I have learned a new magic spell: Now I can chant ウィリアム whenever I am in trouble or want to make a wish, and something good will always happen!
Aurora  Fitzrovia
Sehr süße Geschichte und mir gefällt der Stil von Tanemura. Wird also wirklich mal Zeit, dass ich endlich die "Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne"-Reihe von ihr lese ;)
Geli
Lectura refrescante, rápida y muy divertida del primer manga de Arina Tanemura.
Entretenimiento y risas aseguradas y...¡Que dibujos! ;) #Christmathon
Sandra
Lovely, short story by Arina Tanemura! Her drawing style and characters are always the cutest. :)
Gwendolyn
Rachel
This manga was really cute and i really liked it.
Yumeno Katrin
Další Arinina úžasná manga :)
Steph
Sep 23, 2008 Steph rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Arina Tanemura
Shelves: manga
Cute, but a little weird.
J61598
J61598 added it
Sep 27, 2014
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Yume Kira Dream Shoppe
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 01
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01
  • Wanted
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
  • The Magic Touch, Vol. 1 (The Magic Touch, #1)
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 01 (Arata: The Legend, #1)
  • Heaven's Will
  • Angel Diary, Vol. 01
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 6
  • Rozen Maiden, Vol. 1
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
  • Twinkle Stars 1
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 1 (Mixed Vegetables, #1)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one...more
More about Arina Tanemura...
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01 Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 01 Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 02

“I liked her…I really liked her.
I wanted to protect her.
I approached her in a gentle, playful manner, because she's so precious and I wanted to hold her in my arms because she's so carefree.
She was my treasure.”
16 likes
“If…if you don't feel anything for me then don't touch me! Don't act like you care!” 15 likes