Start by marking “Beautylicious!: The Black Girl's Guide to the Fabulous Life” as Want to Read:
Beautylicious!: The Black Girl's Guide to the Fabulous Life

Beautylicious!: The Black Girl's Guide to the Fabulous Life

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Plenty of successful guides have been published for hip girls in general, but now the trendsetting black reader has a book of her own. Dedicated to chic sisters everywhere, Beautylicious! shimmers with wit and soul—an irresistible new recipe for loving, playing, and beautifying with verve. Chapters include:

• Soul Power: Sizzle with radiance from the inside out
• Queen Me: T
Published December 30th 2003 by Broadway Books

To ask other readers questions about Beautylicious!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautylicious!

M'heeraw
If I could accurately grade it. It was a 2.5 out of 4. I found the tone of writing very ignorant at time and only meant to be read by the "Urban Girls" as the author puts it. I'm African American but I found it hard to continue thought this book. Hopefully other books that are geared to the African American community will not sound as ignorant as this one. Good points but the tone of the book is put offish

However I do like the book list and will be looking into reading them in the near future.
Ashley
Interesting and fun read about the perception of beauty from a black woman's experience, but I could have done without the 'make sure your brotherman isn't on the DL so you don't get AIDS. This book was published in 2004, there is no excuse for that kind of ignorant speech. I think the author should have suggested women practice safe sex rather than list stereotypes on how to spot if a person is gay.

Just makes the fact that I borrowed it from a gay man and found a condom wrapper as a bookmark t
Jenai Artis
Jenai Artis marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Paris Fleming
Paris Fleming marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lola Beverly Hills
Lola Beverly Hills marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jade
Jade is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2015
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Chanelle Peters
Chanelle Peters marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014