Chocolate Secrets

Chocolate Secrets

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  12 reviews

When the Martinelli family chocolate shop display goes up in flames at a Brooklyn street fair, fate throws Alex Martinelli and Mike Simone together. Alex, an ER nurse with a passion for reading her daily horoscope has several valid reasons not to get involved with Mike, a NYC firefighter. An alliance between a true water sign and a man whose element is ruled by fire makes

Hardcover, Large Print, 269 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Thorndike Press

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Secrets

Mae Clair
Like chocolate? Zelda Benjamin has whipped up a sweet tale involving everyone’s favorite confection.

ER nurse, Alex Martinelli, has sworn never to become romantically involved with a fireman after watching her father suffer health complications as a result of the job. Her beloved grandfather, Max, has a hard and fast rule that family members should have nothing to do with anyone whose last name is Simone. Although Max won’t say why, he’s adamant they’re all no good swindlers and thieves. When a h...more
Breanna
I enjoyed this book. It was a clean romance overall. There was one short part that was a bit suggestive, though. I was a bit disappointed about that. Other than that brief part, the romance was clean.
This was a fun book to read. It had great characters and besides- who doesn't want to read a book with a hot firefighter in it? :)
Angela
Haven't read a strictly romance in a long time so I was very pleased with the depth of this one PLUS all the chocolate! I would not consider this a strictly romance novel because of all the mystery elemnts. Good characters and a nice plat esp. the astrology angle. Hope to read more by this author.
Amanda
The only thing that kept me reading this book was the mention of chocolate. While there was potential with the two main characters — and several of the supporting characters — the very thin plot and the astrology theme left me shaking my head.
Susanne
I choked on the cheesiness of this book. The descriptions contradicted themselves throughout the book. It's a cute romance and a fun story line.
Amy
It was pretty good. I had a hard time getting sucked in with this book like I hope to be in a good romance.
It was a super fast read. I thought it was a cute little plot. Just a simple story.
Amy
Adorably cliched romance novel, but also very enjoyable.
Connie
Really easy read. Good story, great characters.
Lonnie
I think I liked it better than the last one.
Kristin
It was a good beachy summer read.
Sally
Sally is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2014
Jennifer Pitkin
Jennifer Pitkin marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sallie
Sallie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Carlie
Carlie added it
May 12, 2014
Lauren C.
Lauren C. marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Mandi Smith
Mandi Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A pediatric ER nurse with a passion for reading, writing and traveling. I am a member of RWA and FRW. Both organizations have played an important part in my writing career.
I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and set my Love by Chocolate series in a popular Brooklyn neighborhood.
More about Zelda Benjamin...
Chocolate Magic Chocolate Muse (A Love by Chocolate Romance) (A Chocolate Romance) Brooklyn Ballerina Chocolate Couture Chocolate & Sensibility (Love by Chocolate Romance)