Start by marking “Plum Sauce: A P.G. Wodehouse Companion” as Want to Read:
Plum Sauce: A P.G. Wodehouse Companion
Preview

Plum Sauce: A P.G. Wodehouse Companion

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In "Plum Sauce," Richard Usborne-long regarded as the world's leading authority on P. G. Wodehouse-brings together the best of his much admired commentary on the great man's words to form the perfect companion to the nearly one hundred novels of "the most consistently funny writer the English language has yet produced" ("The Times").
"Plum Sauce" also contains snippets of
Published November 10th 2003 by Overlook Books (first published November 7th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Plum Sauce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plum Sauce

James
May 24, 2008 James rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of P.G.Wodehouse
This is a great overview of most all of Mr. Wodehouse works. A great reference edition.
Peter Krol
This book rocked.

I simply love Wodehouse, and this was a perfect coffee table book on his writings. If you don't like Wodehouse, or if you've never read him, then you wouldn't enjoy this.

Erin gave this book to me for our first anniversary in 2005, and I've been slowly reading it since then. It sat on our coffee table, and I'd pick it up when I had 5 minutes here or there.

The best parts were the sections where Usborne lists numerous quotes on various topics from Wodehouse's novels. My favorite
Christopher Ligatti
Essential reference book for any Wodehouse fan
Paul Doody
Excellent guide to the life and works of the great P.G. Wodehouse. An account of all the books, all the characters, and the background to the glorious world of Jeeves, Wooster, Lord Emsworth and all the other wonderful creations of this great man.
Geert
Geert marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
John
John added it
Sep 08, 2014
Joice
Joice marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Erin Boyington
Erin Boyington marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Shar
Shar added it
Jan 04, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Cary Watts
Cary Watts marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Frank Blanton
Frank Blanton marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Papias
Papias marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Vintage Wodehouse Wodehouse At Work To The End Wodehouse Nuggets The Penguin Wodehouse Companion Clubland Heroes: A Nostalgic Study of Some Recurrent Characters in the Romantic Fiction of Dornford Yates, John Buchan and Sapper