Start by marking “Harry Hungry!” as Want to Read:
Harry Hungry!

Harry Hungry!

Harry’s gonna MUNCH, and CRUNCH, and eat everything in sight!

Blueberries are a fine snack for some babies. But not this little guy. Harry is hungry! His tummy grumbles and rumbles. Momma asks him to wait just a minute. But Harry can’t, Harry won’t. Off he goes to munch the flower bed, the neighbor’s house, the school! Will nothing stop this hungry baby?
Steven Salerno’s ent
Published February 1st 2009 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Harry Hungry!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry Hungry!

Tasha
Jan 22, 2009 Tasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Harry's tummy begins to rumble and he starts to howl with hunger. His mother rushes to him with a snack but he calls for more! Blueberries, cookies, and he still wants more. He toddles to the fridge - tips it on its side and gobbles it all right down. He heads outside, eats the flowers, the hose and the mailbox. And he is still hungry! What will it take to get this baby to stop eating everything in sight?

Expect delighted expressions when Harry tips the refrigerator on its side. The book moves fr
Jess Brown
Harry is a hungry baby! He devours food and eventually eats his way through his father's car and on to the moon. I like the sounds and the fact that kids can relate to being extremely hungry. Book ends with Harry falling asleep--only to wake up being hungry again in time for breakfast. Great for preschoolers.
Tricia
Jul 01, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it
This tale of a hungry baby who eats everything from blueberries to bridges to the sky is great fun. It was read multiple times to the kids, who enjoyed the bold artwork and amusing antics of the baby.
Brenda
Mar 08, 2015 Brenda rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, Harry is very hungry little boy, and when momma doesn't feed Harry fast enough he goes on an eating spree. My grandsons want me to read this to them over and over again, they love repeating all the parts where Harry eats different things.
Deanna Caswell
Jul 24, 2009 Deanna Caswell rated it liked it
My kids really enjoyed Harry eating the world...once. They raved about it, but are totally uninterested in me reading it again. The illustration is really fun, but the story itself is one-dimensional.
Joy
Oct 16, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it
Shelves: davis
One of son's favorite books to read right now and he just turned 4. He likes thumbing through the pages and narrating how Harry gets so hungry that he goes around the neighborhood eating the house, school, highway and bridge.
Alisa
Dec 18, 2010 Alisa rated it really liked it
For having a child that doesn't eat well, I LOVE Harry! This little guy eats everything and everything else plus! At the very end, he finally goes to sleep, and my little boy loves that part. Fun book to read and see everything that Harry eats, from the sky, to the car, to the bridge.
Katie
Feb 09, 2009 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, humor
Baby Harry is very expressive as he eats everything in his path.

-Print Awareness
-Letter Awareness
-Narrative Skills
Kim Browning
Nov 06, 2012 Kim Browning rated it really liked it
This would be a fun read aloud for a class. This baby is so hungry he eats everything from cookies to a mountain! It would be a great start to an independent writing activity.
Molly
Mar 04, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
I love the illustrations and the size of this book. It would work wonderfully in a food storytime. Ages 2+
Thuy
Apr 28, 2016 Thuy rated it liked it
something about babies always gets my nearly 2 year old so interested. when it was over, she's wanted it read again, and again, and then just to look at the pictures on get own
Sam Bloom
Jan 21, 2009 Sam Bloom rated it liked it
Big on hyperbole, cute illustrations, and certainly would be enjoyed by preschoolers/younger elementary ages.
Beyond the Pages
Apr 13, 2014 Beyond the Pages rated it it was amazing
This was monstrously funny! My entire family laughed and laughed and laughed. I think Harry lives in our house. Hahahaha... Too cute!
Chelsea.leann
Chelsea.leann rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2009
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Gilbert
Gilbert rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2011
Cheryl Gladfelter
Cheryl Gladfelter rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Kranna
Kranna rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Jason McKinney
Jason McKinney rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Yekaterina
Yekaterina rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Lupine
Lupine rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2009
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2009
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2016
Natasha North
Natasha North rated it liked it
May 05, 2009
Kai Widmer
Kai Widmer rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Stephen Shaskan
Stephen Shaskan rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Kristin
Feb 20, 2009 Kristin rated it really liked it
This is a little bit odd, but still a fun read-aloud!
« previous 1 3 next »