Start by marking “Infinite Crisis” as Want to Read:
Infinite Crisis

Infinite Crisis (DC Comics Novels)

Based on the epic new series from DC Comics-Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman face a universal threat.

For years, the rift between the Justice League's leaders has been widening. Batman's paranoia has given birth to an army of robotic assassins. Wonder Woman has declared herself judge, jury, and executioner, taking a foe's life in an act that was broadcast worldwide. Sup
Published October 3rd 2006 by Ace Trade

To ask other readers questions about Infinite Crisis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinite Crisis

Morgan
Sep 14, 2011 Morgan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: comic book fans, action/adventure
Review Title: A mad man seeks to recreate the multiverse for his own twisted ends…

Story:

The Crisis on Infinite earths had ended with the defeat of the Anti-Monitor and the recreation of the universe as it was meant to be. There now is only one Earth and one time line. Time has passed and only a few know the true scope of what it cost to defeat the Anti-Monitor and stop its quest of destruction. Time has also moved on with those that were most affected by the changes that were made when the vario
Shawn
Jul 31, 2016 Shawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, sci-fi
Really more of a 2.5. I very much wanted to like this book. It brought together the consequences of the Infinity Crisis (DC's attempt to streamline their comic universe) and the Identity Crisis (which I thought was one of the more thought provoking and well written comic series).
The essence of this story is thus: The main heroes of DC Universe (Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) have become distrustful of one another. Because of recent events, Batman does not trust other heroes to do the right
Jonathan
Feb 14, 2009 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I have always loved Superman and Batman from DC but I was mainly a Marvel, Sonic the hedgehog, and TMNT fan growing up. Back when they killed off Superman I just couldn't get into the comics anymore. Mainly because of that but also the companies were starting to take Batman and some other heroes into the graphic novels and I just couldn't go that route. Then I saw this book called Infinite Crisis that came out within the past year.
Of course I have heard of Crisis on Infinite Earths and this boo
Mohamed  Tarik El fouly
Jul 23, 2014 Mohamed Tarik El fouly rated it really liked it
كده الواحد ابتدي يفهم ... في عالم دي سي فيه تلات ازمات مرة بيهم الكون.
الازمة الاولانية هي
Crisis on Infinite Earths
ودي كانت مملة جداً وخد بالك انها بتمر اصلاً فى وقت الكتابة فيه كانت مملة ...

بعد ما انقذوا العالم .. واتسجن فى سجن ابدي اليكس لوثر اللى كان طيب... وسوبرمان بتاع ايرث 2 و سوبر بوي بتاع ايرث برايم ... ولويس لين بتاعت ايرث 2
حيقرروا انهم لازم يطلعوا من السجن ويرجعوا الارض علشان ينقذوها من القرف اللى بتمر بيه...

طبعاً كان لازم اقرا المقدمة اللى هي
The OMAC Project
اللى بتتكلم ليه العال
Cory
Jun 08, 2016 Cory rated it really liked it
Jim C
Sep 04, 2014 Jim C rated it really liked it
A novelization of a DC comic storyline that spans the whole DC universe. In this story, the Justice League is arguing with each other and at the same time villains are in cahoots as they devise their plots. Meanwhile, characters from Crisis On Infinite Earths are watching these events and they come to the conclusion something has to be done. I strongly advise one read that book to understand the events in this book.

I enjoyed this novel. I thought the author did a great job with the characters. I
Dominique
Nov 07, 2007 Dominique rated it did not like it
A version of Lex Luther is trying to find the perfect Earth while Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman deal with some problems they created (namely the spy satelite that Batman created and the murder comitted by Wonder Woman on international television).

I found this book to be very confusing. It jumped around too much and had way too many characters in it. It looks like every DC character ever created has a major role in this book. The reader does not get a good feel for what is going on with man
D.M. Dutcher
Nov 22, 2011 D.M. Dutcher rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad-novels, superhero
This isn't a novel as so much a Cliff's Notes synopsis of Infinite Crisis in book form. So much happens over the series that you only get the barest bones of what happens, because Cox is trying to cover every single hero and how they react to it. This means we don't see any of the aftermath, and a lot of heroes show up, get maimed or killed, then we never see them again.

This was part of the reason infinite crisis was done-to consolidate all the various DC alternate worlds-but it makes for a bad
Jim
Jun 16, 2015 Jim rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I listened to the Graphic Audio rendition of this book. The book was performed exceptionally well and did very good justice to the novelization. After I listened to the book, I re-read the graphic novel and saw just how much more detail and explanation is included in the novelization. The comic has to truncate so much of the action and storyline whereas the novel is allowed to expand upon it. The only criticism was one I saw from a few others is there are times during the book the sound effects ...more
Alejandro Gonzalez
Sep 26, 2010 Alejandro Gonzalez rated it really liked it
After absorbing the graphic novel version of Infinite Crisis, which was a great way to bring the DC Multiverse back, I found Greg Cox's novelization. I found it to be quite well-written, and the descriptions were much more detailed than even the graphic novel. I applaud him for gonig above and beyond the source material. He even added some details that, while minor, added quite a bit of spice to this version. You felt more for the characters, as I think they were written better. Details of past ...more
Kerry
Jan 27, 2013 Kerry rated it really liked it
Although it was a slow-starter for me, this book was a lot of fun. It is he novelization of a multi-issue series where a Lex Luthor from a parallel existance tries to restore the Earth-2 that was merged with all the other worlds in the "Crisis on Infinte Earths." Like he did with the Khan novels from Star Trek, Cox throws in everything. All the DC super heroes make at least a cameo appearance. I did not read the comic book version of the story, so I don't know how closely he held to it, but I'm ...more
Aaron Meyer
Nov 20, 2010 Aaron Meyer rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Not a bad novelization of the comics. There is definitely plenty of action and the sheer amount of deaths reminded me of Crisis when I first read it when it was coming out on the stands. That being said the author definitely missed some good opportunities to flesh out the mood and feelings of the characters. There are moments when you could just almost identify with the anguish and pain of a superhero but it would fall short in the end. And Superboy Prime, now that's a bad mambyjamy who I think ...more
Zach Milan
Aug 18, 2007 Zach Milan rated it it was ok
What should have been a fun, insane read somehow was turned into an arduous task, filled with thousands of needless and unsuccessful descriptions of characters. If I really wanted to know what Cyborg looked like, I would read the comic! It's a little frustrating that next to no attempt was made to change elements of the story to fit within the written word. Instead, it's pretty much the comic written-out, which is tedious and boring.

If you want to read Infinite Crisis, read the graphic novel. It
Lil
Sep 28, 2015 Lil rated it really liked it
As a casual DC comic fan, there were certain heroes and events referenced that went over my head. But it was written well, very interesting and action-packed, and the parts that were out of my understanding didn't hamper the enjoyment I got out of reading the book. I had heard of the infinite crisis and the melding of the multi-verses many times before, so it was awesome to finally read the whole story behind it.
Melinda
Sep 03, 2016 Melinda rated it really liked it
Really enjoying my new forays into these graphic novels - Graphic Audio does a fabulous job bringing these stories to life.

Doesn't really matter if you are a diehard DC fan - or you only know a little about the main players - there is enough back story brought into the plot to give everyone a heads up on what is going on. Good mix of character and world building, action and angst...and makes me very glad that I dont live in Gotham City!
Leonard Anthony
Oct 29, 2010 Leonard Anthony is currently reading it
Just picked up this paperback at the new local bookstore. I absolutely love superhero novel adaptations, ever since Roger Stern's awesome The Death and Life of Superman, which is probablt THE definitive Superman novel. But they are so rare to come upon, particularly in ebook format, which is what I mostly read this days...
Derek Jordan
Jun 29, 2015 Derek Jordan rated it liked it
This had an interesting story. It really wasn't anything I was insanely spectacularly.

The mix and match that occurred in prose form was a bit hard to capture at times, and I was wishing for a bit of comic style visual aids.

I think in the end... it had an interesting ending, but nothing I thought was .... well unheard of. What else could have been done?
Max Ostrovsky
A novelization of an overly convoluted DC Universe comic cross over series - I couldn't have been expecting much.
I was at least expecting some entertainment. Between the writing and the really bad plot line, it was just a chore to get through. Maybe I'm biased as a Marvel person, but I felt that the entire story was cheap.
Renee Marie
Mar 09, 2009 Renee Marie rated it it was amazing
not a huge 'classic' comic character fan, but this book explained and gave more information on the characters in the silver age/bronze age than i'd ever known before, and showed me my generations' comics weren't the only comics worth reading out there.
Amanda
Jun 01, 2007 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhero
It was a good book. I couldn't put it down, but I still think the comic book version of the series is better because this is just the novelization of the Infinite Crisis mini-series and not all the tie-ins to the series.
Justin Katz
Aug 21, 2009 Justin Katz rated it really liked it
If you have a good understanding of the DC world then this book will be hard to put down. From three major interconnect crisis to the rare or obscure characters who get print time, I found myself wanting to know more and more.
Jeff Russell
Aug 11, 2010 Jeff Russell rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I was amazed at how all of the seemingly limitless sub plots were tied up by the end. It turned out to be tragic, but wonderful. Highly recommended and I am looking forward to the other 3 books in the series by Greg Cox.
Bonnie Barnes
Either this or the graphic series was nominated by the book club I sponsor at school. We've been getting the graphic novels, and I'll need to find out more about this.
Michael
Jul 06, 2010 Michael rated it really liked it
This novelization of the Infinite Crisis comic book series was much more enjoyable than the actual series itself. More streamlined and easier to grasp.
Jim Minteer
Jim Minteer rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
luciddreamer99
luciddreamer99 rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
CaptainBuffalo
CaptainBuffalo rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Dennis Yackus
Dennis Yackus rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths
  • Exterminators
  • Wonder Woman: Mythos
  • Enemies & Allies
  • Batman: No Man's Land
  • Wonder Woman
  • DC Universe: Helltown (Dc Universe)
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 8:  Finest Worlds
  • Superman, Last Son of Krypton
  • Wolverine: Weapon X
  • Smallville Season 11, Volume 3: Haunted
  • Iron Man: Extremis Prose Novel

DC Comics Novels (6 books)
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths