Start by marking “Hearts Afire: January” as Want to Read:
Hearts Afire: January

Hearts Afire: January (Hearts Afire #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  12 reviews
"Ignite" – By Bonnie Dee

Fireman. Firestarter. When the two come together, their world ignites!

Pete Santori is a New York City fireman who is committed to his job and doesn’t take any time for personal relationships. That all changes one night when he saves a man from a fire that the victim appears to have started. As the man in his arms makes a confession, a strange connec
Published January 2009 by Liquid Silver books

To ask other readers questions about Hearts Afire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts Afire

Alina
I'm not a big fan of paranormal stories and that's why I kept putting off readidng it and man - how stupid it's been!

Both stories are awesome! Ignite! - the paranormal one - was real beautiful! I loved how at first Alan appeared as a mistery and then we see how vulnerable and alone he is, how human, depite his abilty. And Pete's loyal and brave and just a good guy :) Great story and personally I liked it's relatively short, I think it's tight and solid, absolutely not rushed and with a satisfyi
Elisa Rolle
I like both authors in this anthology, so it's not a surprise that I liked the anthology too. It's a good example of hot wo pair two authors to make happy the reader with both of them.

Ignite by Bonnie Dee: Bonnie Dee is one of the few author I read also when she is writing het romance, but, as you can imagine, I prefer her when she writes M/M. Pete Santori is a firefighter and he should hate everything, or everyone causes a fire, but he seems unable to hate Alan. Alan is a firestarter, a man abl
Stacey Jo
This is an anthology of sorts. It has two stories about firemen. The first is a paranormal story called Ignite by Bonnie Dee and the second is called Where the Devil Dances by T.A. Chase. Both stories are phenominal!

In Ignite, Pete, a fireman saves a mysterious young man from a fire who claims he is a firestarter and is the source of the fire. Pete is drawn to the guy and goes back to the hospital to seek him out and ends up rescuing the guy, Alan. He soon learns about Alan's past which is a pre
Erotic Horizon
IGNITE by Bonnie Dee
Finding out that the man whom you have just saved from been burnt to a crisp may have started the fire in the first place is not what New York City fireman Pete Santori wanted to know. However something about the vulnerability of the man lures Pete into checking up on him in the hospital and he ends up giving him more than bed side assistance.

Firestarter, and not arsonist, Alan Delaine, has just gotten his first taste of freedom, but it all seems to be going wrong. Unable to
Kassa
In Ignite by Bonnie Dee, Pete Santori has his world turned upside down when he rescues Alan Delaine from a burning building but Alan confesses that not only did he set the fire, he also doesn’t want to be saved. Alan was trying to kill himself. Pete feels an undeniable connection with the disturbed young man and against his better judgment, just can’t stay away. This leads them both on a bit of an action packed adventure.

Alan was young when he discovered his fire starting talent and he had no id
Brenda (b)
This ebook has 2 short stories. The first is "Ignite" by Bonnie Dee. I thought it was pretty good for a short story. I learned a lot about the characters and liked them. This was a story of instant attraction. Pete accepted Alan's unusual abilities very easily, but it's fiction so all things are possible, right? The ending is definitely a HFN (happy for now).

T.A. Chase wrote the second story, "Where the Devil Dances". I loved this one. David and Eric were wonderful characters and while their rel
Ana
Jen
Had some good ideas in it, but the dialogue left much to be desired. The two main characters sounded alike and more like a woman narrating it as opposed to two men living it. The end was a bit too sappy for me. I actually skimmed past the entire last sex scene as I was ready to be done with it.
Meggie
Overall, the way this story began, I liked it. Alan was mysterious, crazy guy. But after the first fire, the way this story developed it simply didn't make sense. Every action felt rushed and undeveloped. I couldn't connect with them. Anyway, there are to many holes in this novella.
Gwengwel
"Ignite" – By Bonnie Dee
3 stars.
Easy read, ending simplistic. Love Alan.
(Paranormal, First Time)

"Where The Devil Dances" – By T.A. Chase
4 stars.
Not what I expected and sometime it's not a bad thing!
(Put architect on my The-Art shelve)
Kelsey
I read Bonnie Dee's story and I enjoyed it. A great short piece for when you don't have time for a full length novel.
Serena Yates
Where the Devil Dances, T.A. Chase: 4 stars

Ignite, Bonnie Dee: 4.5 stars
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Niemue
Niemue marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
S .... reading ;)
S .... reading ;) marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 20, 2014
Julieth
Julieth marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
  • To Serve and Protect (includes: Firefighters, #4)
  • Tinder (Firefighters, #5)
  • Fabulous Brits
  • Hell Cop
  • On Fire II: Still Burning (On Fire, #2)
  • Cheek to Cheek (911, #2)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Here Be Dragons (Dragons, #1)
  • Bitten (Bite, #2)
  • Blue Fire
  • The Other Man
  • His Hero Anthology
  • A Deadly Deception (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #2)
  • Two In Two Out (Hero, #2)
  • Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)
  • Bend Over Big Boy
  • A Brush of Wings
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

Writing childish stories for my own pleasure led to majoring in English at college. Like most English majors, I dreamed of writing a novel, but at that time in my life didn't have the
More about Bonnie Dee...
Bone Deep The Gentleman and the Rogue Seducing Stephen After the End A Hearing Heart