Sweet Charity (Bettencourt Brothers, #2)

Sweet Charity (Bettencourt Brothers #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  511 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A bad boy is about to find out just how naughty a good girl can be.

After eight long years of pretending a horrible one-night stand hadn't happened and wondering if it had been her fault, Charity Harris has finally coaxed handsome bad boy and lifelong friend, Gabriel Bettencourt, back into her bed. It's not just good, it's fanfreakingtastic! Trouble is, he's persisting with...more
Published December 23rd 2008 by Samhain

Marion
Charity and Gabe had a one night stand eight years ago which was a big dissapointment. Charity still wants Gabe but he just wants to be friends. Gabe likes his sex rough and kinky and he feels that Charity is too nice to be able to accept his sexual desires. The more he pushes her away the more determined Charity becomes to have him for herself. When Gabe finally gives into her, the sex is hot and Charity loves every minute of it.

Very sexy and passionate story.
Melissa
Okay so I have been on a Lauren Dane kick lately and I think it's because I can always count on her books to give me a sweet smile.

I really liked this one, I wish this novella and the one before it were a tad bit longer. I think both of them would do great full length. Oh and I would also would like Brian's story...sigh

I think Lauren Dane has great talent and I'm looking forward to reading more from her.

4 stars
Estara
This is as good as the Chase Brother series by Lauren Dane, but doesn't have a suspense subplot and is much shorter. I LOVED the fact that there was so much about the supportive families of both characters and that they were strong and quite able to have happy lives without each other.
I did think the conflict of the hero was idiotic pretty much after the first half of the story, as the heroine had already made it vocally clear that she was fine with what he wanted.

I grinned at the fact that in t...more
Meandering Tales aka *Coco Michele*
If allowed half stars I'd give this 3.5--overall I liked the story. I'm a total sucker for a "friends become lovers" story. This story was only 85 pages so it felt like I came in at the middle of the story. Since the H/h have known each other since 3rd grade I guess there was no need for the whole getting to know each other lead up before the action starts. Speaking of the action...the love scenes were hot but admittedly I expected more BDSM elements based on the synopsis. The hero, Gabe, is des...more
Mskchick
I dislike books where one person chases the other continuously, even when the second person keeps saying no. It's not cool to keep pursuing someone when they keep saying no- it's obsessive and stalkerish.
Kaylea Cross
Really enjoyed this book. Ms. Dane has a beautiful voice, and the dynamic between the hero and heroine really worked for me. I especially loved the natural and very real feel to the dialogue. The family scenes were described in a way that really worked for me--usually I get bored with that sort of information thrown into a book, but Ms. Dane wove it in there in a way that made me feel warm and fuzzy all over. I was very relieved when Gabriel came to his senses at the end of the story! I'll defin...more
Abby
I just wasn't feeling this book. The writing style wasn't as good as other books I've read by her. I had to finish this story because I can't just leave it unread but it wasn't horrible, I just didn't care for it.
Jessica
What I really enjoy about Lauren Dane's writing is that she can flesh out supporting characters and a small town like more "chick lit" or classic contemporary romance authors (Higgins, Dahl, SE Philips), but still write excellent sex scenes between two (or more!) intelligent, encouraging, self-knowledgeable, and caring partners. She's just a delight to read and a great step up in quality for those who liked Fifty Shades and want more erotica.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Sweet Charity? More like naughty little Charity has NEEDS! It's always interesting to see a story unfold regarding a little girl who is not so little anymore. It's as if guys in stories can't deal with the girl they knew, growing up. I wonder why in real life there are no such issues?
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Another great story by Lauren Dane. I liked the fact that these two knew each other for a long time before the falling in love happened. Their chemistry was great and they were perfect for each other. I liked this story a lot :)
Aria
A magical combination of Christmas, sext hotness that smolders beyond imagination, and family...it should be wrapped up in a bow! Can't wait for Belle and Rafe's story...
Shawna
I am glad that they finally got it together. I LOVED how she decided that she was not going to give up and kept after him to prove his quirks did not matter.
ms bookjunkie
The only thing wrong with this book is that it is way too short! I like my Lauren Dane fixes in bigger increments. :)
Jeananna
read in this in Holiday Heat with Jaci Burton... not my favorite but they cant all be 5 stars...
Candace
Another great Lauren Dane book. I just can't seem to go wrong with her books.
Lynda
Enjoyable read, but I kept getting Deja vu. I think I've read this before. LOL.
Jamie (Alphas Authors Books Oh My)
This was a really sweet HOT short story!!
Angel Ruess
Fun, sexy, quick read!
Janice
Jul 20, 2014 Janice marked it as to-read
Shelves: kobo
KOBO
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Amy Salitsky
Amy Salitsky marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
M walker
M walker marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
  • Good Girls Don’t
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Between a Ridge and a Hard Place
  • Turn it On (Turner Twins, #1)
  • Tempt Me Twice
  • Everything Nice (What Women Like, #2)
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Tempting Grace (Vaughn, #4)
  • Miss Firecracker  (Wild West Boys, #2)
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • Taking the Cake (The Strip Series)
  • Down In Texas
  • Notorious
  • Rough Stock
  • What Happens In Vegas...: Hot For You\Stripped\Red-Handed\The Deal
  • A Question of Trust (A Question Of ... #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,...more
More about Lauren Dane...
Laid Bare (Brown Siblings, #1) Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1) Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2) Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)