Start by marking “Ramose: Prince in Exile (Ramose)” as Want to Read:
Ramose: Prince in Exile (Ramose)

Ramose: Prince in Exile (Ramose #1)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  6 reviews
''Prince Ramose was very interested in this funeral. It was his own.'' .... Someone is trying to kill Prince Ramose. If they think he is dead, he will be safe. Pampered, selfish and very much alive, Prince Ramose lives in disguise in the Valley of the Tombs. How will this spoilt prince survive such a brutal place? Can he outwit those who want him dead?
Published August 7th 2003 by Southwood Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ramose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ramose

Kimberley
Carole Wilkinson wrote an amazing book about slavery, betrayal and treachery. Ramose: Prince in Exile is exciting and suspenseful as the reader journeys with Ramose through a sudden change in his life that turns everything upside down. Disguised as a apprentice scribe, Prince Ramose learns the importance of friendship and love, while he tries to prove guilty the ones who betrayed him and his father.
This is the first book in a series of four, though I wish they were joined together. All the terri
Rosemary
There are some authors who can create an effortless historical atmosphere - Georgette Heyer jumps to mind - but Wilkinson unfortunately doesn't seem to be one of them. The tidbits about Egyptian life are interesting but feel a bit contrived. Wilkinson may be an ambassador of the Victorian Premier's Reading Challenge but this book does not stand out.
Eozenaj
I read this series when I was a young lass (13-14 yrs old). I was somewhat obsessed with ancient Egyptian history, so I found this book greatly interesting. I don't think I'll read the series again now that I'm 21. I don't want to ruin good childhood memories, haha.
Ava
I did not enjoy this book that much but some parts of the story were good. Its about a young prince that has to hide in another town because some people in the palace want him dead.
Lewis
this book was okay not enough action though, that was dissapointing.
Elysium
Didn't realize it's more for children but it was ok.
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Lady Nefertankh
Lady Nefertankh marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Nandani
Nandani marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Arianna07
Arianna07 marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Stephen Alff
Stephen Alff marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Mick
Mick added it
Jul 16, 2014
Parul
Parul added it
May 25, 2014
Hannah Morgan
Hannah Morgan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Jo-lan
Jo-lan marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f
More about Carole Wilkinson...

Ramose (4 books)
  • Ramose and the Tomb Robbers
  • Ramose: Sting of the Scorpion (Ramose series #3)
  • Ramose: The Wrath of Ra (Ramose series #4)
Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1) Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2) Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3) Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5) Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)