Start by marking “Ramose: Prince in Exile (Ramose)” as Want to Read:
Ramose: Prince in Exile (Ramose)

Ramose: Prince in Exile (Ramose #1)

''Prince Ramose was very interested in this funeral. It was his own.'' .... Someone is trying to kill Prince Ramose. If they think he is dead, he will be safe. Pampered, selfish and very much alive, Prince Ramose lives in disguise in the Valley of the Tombs. How will this spoilt prince survive such a brutal place? Can he outwit those who want him dead?
Published August 7th 2003 by Southwood Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ramose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ramose

Kimberley
Feb 29, 2012 Kimberley rated it liked it
Carole Wilkinson wrote an amazing book about slavery, betrayal and treachery. Ramose: Prince in Exile is exciting and suspenseful as the reader journeys with Ramose through a sudden change in his life that turns everything upside down. Disguised as a apprentice scribe, Prince Ramose learns the importance of friendship and love, while he tries to prove guilty the ones who betrayed him and his father.
This is the first book in a series of four, though I wish they were joined together. All the terri
Rosemary
Sep 18, 2012 Rosemary rated it liked it
There are some authors who can create an effortless historical atmosphere - Georgette Heyer jumps to mind - but Wilkinson unfortunately doesn't seem to be one of them. The tidbits about Egyptian life are interesting but feel a bit contrived. Wilkinson may be an ambassador of the Victorian Premier's Reading Challenge but this book does not stand out.
Eozenaj
Mar 25, 2011 Eozenaj rated it really liked it
I read this series when I was a young lass (13-14 yrs old). I was somewhat obsessed with ancient Egyptian history, so I found this book greatly interesting. I don't think I'll read the series again now that I'm 21. I don't want to ruin good childhood memories, haha.
Lynda
Mar 12, 2016 Lynda rated it it was amazing
‘Ramose series’ by Carole Wilkinson.
Before young Prince Ramose becomes Pharoah, he must make friends with outsiders to outwit evil forces who will kill him.

Ava
Mar 20, 2012 Ava rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this book that much but some parts of the story were good. Its about a young prince that has to hide in another town because some people in the palace want him dead.
LittleBookDruid
May 06, 2015 LittleBookDruid rated it liked it
Even beinga child's book, the story was really compelling, the setting really inspiring, and overall, the book, really good. :)
Shriram
Shriram rated it liked it
May 19, 2009
Kayla Whitley-philip
Kayla Whitley-philip rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2014
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2016
Amber Rowney
Amber Rowney rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Kellie-Louise
Kellie-Louise rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Hannah
Hannah rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2015
Pyper
Pyper rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2013
Siing
Siing rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2009
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2013
Reb
Reb rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Maggie
Maggie rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
David
David rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Tabitha Hilbig
Tabitha Hilbig rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2016
Sarah Puskas
Sarah Puskas rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Giulia
Giulia rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
My Chau Tran
My Chau Tran rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
S.j
S.j rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Jo-lan
Jo-lan rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2012
Rosie Mendez
Rosie Mendez rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2011
Sues
Sues rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f
More about Carole Wilkinson...

Ramose (4 books)
  • Ramose and the Tomb Robbers
  • Ramose: Sting of the Scorpion (Ramose series #3)
  • Ramose: The Wrath of Ra (Ramose series #4)