Start by marking “Spartacus” as Want to Read:
Spartacus

Spartacus

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Un adevărat revoluţionar al timpului său - a luat parte activ la mişcarea Risorgimento din Italia mijlocului de secol al XIX-lea, neezitând să ia arma în mână, în 1859, pentru a ajuta la înfăptuirea unităţii şi independenţei Italiei - Raffaello Giovagnoli a urmat îndeaproape, prin scrierile sale, dominate de o rară pasiune, acel crez al libertăţii caracteristic romantismul...more
Published 1961 by Editura Tineretului (first published 1874)

To ask other readers questions about Spartacus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spartacus

Maikl Shady
It's best book in my life!!!!!!!!!!!
Hamssa Adel
من اول واجمل القصص اللي قرأتها من الأدب الأجنبي
قصه حب وحرية وشجاعه
ثورة للعبيد والمستضعفين ونهاية للرق الرومانى والمعاملة الوحشيه
Saikhnaa Ch
Oldson deer n noirgui xonood l unshij duusgaj bj bilee
Michael Scott
Raffaello Giovagnoli's Spartacus is a fictional story of the historical figure who as a Roman slave started one of the biggest gladiator revolts around 70 BC. While today's knowledge of the subject makes several passages inaccurate or plain wrong, this book is wonderful both in its depiction of Roman life and in showing the agony of an enslaved soul (saying more would spoil the fun for the reader-intent).
Irina
The boring part of the book, at least for me, were the endless pages describing the battles between gladiators and slaves against the Romans, the Third Servile War. In spite of this unattractive part, Spartacus was a wise leader of a major slave uprising against the Roman Republic, which took place in Italy. He was a great man with a particular character, a brave commander with a quick mind and a loyal friend.
Anna
I really wanted to like this book because Spartacus is one of my favorite historical personalities.But it turned out to be too naive and too idealistic for my cynical soul. It also contains women-blaming, slut-shaming and women fainting from ~feelings. I know it was written in 1874 and I should give him some slack but I never had such a problem with any other book from that period.
Adi
Not exactly what I was expecting. I felt as if the book itself was very short, and this was the reason why the story appeared rushed and lacked a lot of details. Apart from that however, the main characters were charming, and I couldn't help but enjoy the adventures and the battles.
Darya Jaarah
When I first started reading this book I thought It was gonna be some dull history book but by the time I finished reading, I declared this to be one of my all time favourite books :)
Tremayne
Spartacus was brave and courageous enough to fight for his freedom against the Romans. We should do the same and fight for what we want what's right.
Alexandra Kocik
Read this while doing a short biography on Spartacus for a college history class and learned many interesting things about this man.
Ani Vardanyan
A very absorbing read from first to last page! ^_^ Totally enjoyed it.
Kyrylo
excellent.classic
Wafa
Wafa marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Ahmed Oraby
Ahmed Oraby marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
هـبـة
هـبـة marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Olya Loginova
Olya Loginova is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Ana Cretiu
Ana Cretiu marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Alberto Jr.
Alberto Jr. marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Iulia
Iulia marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Sandra Grujin
Sandra Grujin marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • One Deadly Summer
  • Timm Thaler oder Das verkaufte Lachen
  • The Devil's Disciple
  • I Can Jump Puddles
  • The Spanish Ballad (Raquel, the Jewess of Toledo)
  • پابرهنه ها
  • La donna della domenica
2771993
Raffaello Giovagnoli (14 May 1838 in Roma - 15 July 1915 in Roma) was an Italian writer.

Giovagnoli was a participant in the Risorgimento and an associate of G. Garibaldi. His historical novels dealing with ancient Rome, including Plautilla (1878), Saturnino (1879), and Messalina (1885), convey a romantic enthusiasm for the struggle against tyranny and a sharp anticlericalism. The novel Spartacus (...more
More about Raffaello Giovagnoli...
Мессалина Leggende romane: Papa Lambertini ... Padre Fontanarosa ... Ciceruacchio e Don Pirlone: ricordi storici della rivoluzione romana dal 1846 al 1849 con ... Spartacus სპარტაკი