Start by marking “Spartacus” as Want to Read:
Spartacus

Spartacus

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  471 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Un adevărat revoluţionar al timpului său - a luat parte activ la mişcarea Risorgimento din Italia mijlocului de secol al XIX-lea, neezitând să ia arma în mână, în 1859, pentru a ajuta la înfăptuirea unităţii şi independenţei Italiei - Raffaello Giovagnoli a urmat îndeaproape, prin scrierile sale, dominate de o rară pasiune, acel crez al libertăţii caracteristic romantismul ...more
Published 1961 by Editura Tineretului (first published 1874)

To ask other readers questions about Spartacus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spartacus

Pasatoiu
After reading this book, you can not stop and wonder how history could change and how the world would look today if some details from the past would be slightly different. The Third Servile War, fought by the slaves army lead by Spartacus against the oppression of Rome is one of those moments in history that would have caused a major change in the events to come if the winner would have been the other side. The book is not 100% historically accurate, but it does capture the most important parts ...more
Maikl Shady
It's best book in my life!!!!!!!!!!!
Hamssa Adel
من اول واجمل القصص اللي قرأتها من الأدب الأجنبي
قصه حب وحرية وشجاعه
ثورة للعبيد والمستضعفين ونهاية للرق الرومانى والمعاملة الوحشيه
Saikhnaa Ch
Oldson deer n noirgui xonood l unshij duusgaj bj bilee
Michael Scott
Raffaello Giovagnoli's Spartacus is a fictional story of the historical figure who as a Roman slave started one of the biggest gladiator revolts around 70 BC. While today's knowledge of the subject makes several passages inaccurate or plain wrong, this book is wonderful both in its depiction of Roman life and in showing the agony of an enslaved soul (saying more would spoil the fun for the reader-intent).
Irina
The boring part of the book, at least for me, were the endless pages describing the battles between gladiators and slaves against the Romans, the Third Servile War. In spite of this unattractive part, Spartacus was a wise leader of a major slave uprising against the Roman Republic, which took place in Italy. He was a great man with a particular character, a brave commander with a quick mind and a loyal friend.
Anna
I really wanted to like this book because Spartacus is one of my favorite historical personalities.But it turned out to be too naive and too idealistic for my cynical soul. It also contains women-blaming, slut-shaming and women fainting from ~feelings. I know it was written in 1874 and I should give him some slack but I never had such a problem with any other book from that period.
Adi
Not exactly what I was expecting. I felt as if the book itself was very short, and this was the reason why the story appeared rushed and lacked a lot of details. Apart from that however, the main characters were charming, and I couldn't help but enjoy the adventures and the battles.
Darya Jaarah
When I first started reading this book I thought It was gonna be some dull history book but by the time I finished reading, I declared this to be one of my all time favourite books :)
Tremayne
Spartacus was brave and courageous enough to fight for his freedom against the Romans. We should do the same and fight for what we want what's right.
Alexandra Kocik
Read this while doing a short biography on Spartacus for a college history class and learned many interesting things about this man.
Ani Vardanyan
A very absorbing read from first to last page! ^_^ Totally enjoyed it.
Kyrylo
excellent.classic
V
V marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Agne
Agne added it
Feb 21, 2015
Vyacheslav Tyapkin
Vyacheslav Tyapkin marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
3areeb
3areeb marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Vasile Mirel
Vasile Mirel marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Alexander Simmons
Alexander Simmons marked it as to-read
Konstantin
Konstantin is currently reading it
Darren Lee
Darren Lee marked it as to-read
  • Бегущая по волнам
  • Легенды и мифы Древней Греции
  • Асканио
  • Железный король. Узница Шато-Гайара (The Accursed Kings, #1-2)
  • Таис Афинская
  • Денискины рассказы
  • Țiganiada
  • Infected: Undertow  (Infected, #7)
  • Всадник без головы
  • Professor Dowell's Head
  • Blitzfreeze
  • The Devil's Disciple
  • Timm Thaler oder Das verkaufte Lachen
  • Josephus (Josephus, #1)
  • Montezuma's Daughter
  • La donna della domenica
  • Den of Wolves (Empress of Rome #1)
  • Cynics
2771993
Raffaello Giovagnoli (14 May 1838 in Roma - 15 July 1915 in Roma) was an Italian writer.

Giovagnoli was a participant in the Risorgimento and an associate of G. Garibaldi. His historical novels dealing with ancient Rome, including Plautilla (1878), Saturnino (1879), and Messalina (1885), convey a romantic enthusiasm for the struggle against tyranny and a sharp anticlericalism. The novel Spartacus (
More about Raffaello Giovagnoli...
Мессалина Spartacus Leggende romane: Papa Lambertini ... Padre Fontanarosa ... Ciceruacchio e Don Pirlone: ricordi storici della rivoluzione romana dal 1846 al 1849 con ... სპარტაკი