La Bonne

La Bonne

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  12 reviews

A young woman from the mean streets of modern Europe finds true love in the ranks of the aristocracy…in the most untraditional way.

How do you get a playboy prince to take an arranged marriage seriously, especially when his fiancée is eighteen and as innocent as fresh snow? Hire a young woman from the wrong part of town to turn her into a mantrap, of course.

But what happe

Published March 13th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

Jan
Jan 23, 2011 Jan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jan by: Jill Sorenson
This story caught my interest thanks to a raving review at Dear Author.

There aren't a lot of FFM ménages out there, and I had never read one before, so I was quite curious.

I absolutely loved it!

The main character is a girl who's made some bad choices in her life, met some bad men, and ended up being arrested for soliciting, even if that was mainly a misunderstanding. Thanks to the detention program, she finds herself as a servant in the house of Cheroigne, where she ends up being the personal m...more
M A
Michele de Lully is probably one of the greatest authors of erotic romance I've ever read. It kills me she's only authored three jewel-like novelas, but even if she never publishes again these books set a unique standard in erotic romance and erotica. Her prose is ice-cream smooth and insouciant, her themes well beyond the pale at times, and yet she engages reader emotions and expresses theme, beautiful and effortless as a swan's glide across a tranquil lagoon. Characters boast remarkable depth...more
Jill Sorenson
I originally gave this one 4/5 stars but I reread it in prep for a review and appreciated the story even more the second time around. This is an A or A- book, totally captivating, the best f/f/m menage romance I've ever read. The author uses some of my least favorite elements (wealthy playboy hero, modern aristocracy, first person POV) but manages to weave an erotic, timeless, charmingly non-traditional love story.

I'll write a longer review for Dear Author, with more squeeing.
holly quigley
This was such a sweet little read, I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars. I think the only reason I hesitate on the "Total Perfection 5 Star" rating is that in the end, the dialog for the resolution was a little too easy. I know that sounds odd, but it's the only way I can put it - there was just the part near the end where I was reading along and squinting a little because it was too much like, "You like me? But I like you! But we both like her!"

Other than that, I have to agree with the review before...more
Bree
I'm one of those quirky sorts who would much rather read threesomes & moresomes with more than one heroine. (And if I don't get at least one lady for every couple of dudes, I am out of there. Sorry, dudes. I like you better in moderation.)

I buy most of the m/f/f romances I come across, since there just aren't that many out there to start with. I'd missed this one (or I'd overlooked it due to the blurb, which does not do it justice) but I saw a review on Dear Author and decided to pick it up....more
Las
Considering the characters and the plot, the contemporary setting didn't make a bit of sense. It was extremely distracting... an arranged marriaged? A young woman completely clueless about, well, everything? I would have happily suspended disbelief if this had been a historical (I don't care the slightest bit about historical "accuracy"), but since it's a contemporary I just couldn't accept some things.

I was a bit surprised at how emotional this book was. I just saw it was an FFM and thought, "...more
Stace
This should have been the kind of book I liked. Instead I was left wondering if it was even the same book the other reviewers had commented on. I have been known to suspend belief in order to enjoy a book, which you definitely have to do with this story, but I had to fight to find anything I liked. The writing wasn't horrible but I didn't like any of the characters. The "maid" kept seesawing between jealousy and "love"....the "princess" went from innocence to nympho...and the "prince" couldn't d...more
Niki
Janet
I was going to click my Hawt shelf but it really wasn't. More like 1 1/2 stars. I didn't believe in any of the characters. They were all caricatures or stock types: take off the shelf, one olive-skinned aristo, throw in an angelic blonde princess. It didn't even work on a fairytale level.
Joy
A solid reminder that menage erotica is usually not good. At best this was silly.
Tara
Sexy, frothy, so much fun to read. Felt like a fairy tale set in our world.
Cara Ellison
Supersexy. Possibly the most erotic menage story I've ever read. Wonderful.
Fable
Fable added it
Jun 15, 2014
Jay One
Jay One marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Darcy
Darcy added it
May 19, 2014
Heiko
Heiko marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
James
James added it
Feb 20, 2014
Lake
Lake marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014