Start by marking “The Warlord's Bride (King John, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)

The Warlord's Bride (King John #4)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The beauty...and the beast.

Lady Roslynn knows not what to expect of her future husband, the infamous "Bear of Brecon." Offered in marriage to the powerful Welsh lord by the king, Roslynn fears the worst. She has no right to hope for a love match, but in her heart the lady dreams of a home and family of her very own.

One look at Lord Madoc of Llanpowell makes her blood run h
Published December 23rd 2008 by HQN Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Warlord's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warlord's Bride

Julie (jjmachshev)
Margaret Moore is one of my favored Harlequin Historical authors. Her latest is "The Warlord's Bride" and it's a story set in the Middle Ages about a Norman bride and a Welsh lord.

Lady Roslynn's first husband turned out to be an abuser and a traitor. She was lucky she wasn't killed along with him when the king's trap was sprung. But now King John has sent her off to be married yet again and this time to a Welshman known as the Bear of Brecon. How can Roslynn ever trust a man or force herself to
SheLove2Read
Set in Wales, the story of Lady Roslynn of England and Lord Maddoc of Wales.
Lady Roslynn is the widow of a man who betrayed Englands king. Allowed to live (apparently her life was also forfeit because of her husbands deeds) she is given to Lord Maddoc of Wales as a bride for his help in chasing down and capturing Lady Roslynn's dead husband. Roslynn does not want a husband nor Maddoc a bride but after some consideration and a spirited discussion they agree to marry.

Roslynn is wary of her new hus
Barbara ★
Lady Roslynn is given in marriage to Lord Madoc of Wales by the King. Her previous husband (a traitor to the Crown) was a brute and sexually assaulted her throughout her marriage so admittedly she is leery of this huge savage she is expected to marry. The courtship is romantic and strife with rural sheep farming problems pushes them together faster than I expected. But Madoc is very compassionate and understanding of her issues since he was locked into a bad marriage too and doesn't want a repea ...more
Kimber
Another Margaret Moore home run. Bought this yesterday, read, I mean, gobbled it up yesterday. That despite edits, blog posts, banner design and official review books waiting for me. It was that good.

The heroine has been married before which usually doesn't appeal to me but come on, it is a Margaret Moore book. She is on autobuy. Although the heroine has been abused, it is treated lightly (or lighter than those angsty romances out there, including my own). It isn't an in depth exploration of abu
Luvmyfamily
3.5 because there were a lot of slow moments but the story was a good one
Misfit
Jan 24, 2011 Misfit marked it as abandoned
Sorry, I can't do it. No way, no how.
Lisa
Le premier mot qui me vient en finissant ce livre c’est : mignon.
L’histoire commence par un fait classique dans la romance historique, le mariage « forcé » du héros et de l’héroïne sur ordre du Roi. J’aime ce type d’intrigue, car les époux ne s’étant pas choisis eux-mêmes, cela induit souvent à des relations passionnées et conflictuelles semées d’embuches. Or là, ce n’est pas franchement le cas.
Bien que ce mariage soit imposé, les deux jeunes époux se font bien vite à leur situation et même plu
Romina
Predictable and corny (even for a romance novel), combined with one of the most annoying heroines in romance literature, makes for a very 'badread indeed!'

Rosslyn had an abusive first marriage so she was naturally afraid of her new husband and the possible violence he could use against her, but how many times is the guy supposed to prove that HE'S NOT HER EX HUSBAND? The hero was constantly asking for the heroine's "forgiveness" for scaring her, even though his only transgression was to get ang
Mariah
A wedding is planned within days of meeting between a Norman bride and a Welsh lord. The bride had been married previously to an abuser and traitor to the crown. The groom as well, had been married before as well, his wife having died in childbirth. These two are spirited and passionate people and when they meet sparks fly, and although her fear of anger and abuse abounds she still finds it in her heart to crave and love a passionate warrior.
Danny Vilchis
I had not read Margaret Moore's work before, and I came upon this by my grandmother's recommendation. It was a very fast and pleasurable read, not the typical tedious historycal novel I'm used to at all. If it was somewhat predictable, the prose made it easy going and enjoyable. After 'The Warlord's Bride' I might be reading something else of her's.
Rebekah
It sickened me how easily Madoc was willing to allow Roslynn to leave him instead of simply telling her the truth
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Pang Thao
Pang Thao marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Sarankisivanhotmail.com
Sarankisivanhotmail.com marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Ke'alohi Worthington
Ke'alohi Worthington marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Mercenary's Bride
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2)
  • Pickpocket Countess
  • The Lily And The Sword (Medieval, #1)
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • The Fraser Bride (Highland Rogues, #1)
  • Blackheart
  • The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings #1)
  • To the Castle
  • The Smuggler and the Society Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #3)
  • The Music Box
  • Return of the Prodigal Gilvry (Gilvrys of Dunross, #4)
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • His Sinful Secret (Notorious Bachelors, #3)
There is more than one author with this name

Award-winning author Margaret Moore actually began her career at the age of eight, when she and a friend concocted stories featuring a lovely, spirited damsel and a handsome, misunderstood thief nicknamed "The Red Sheik."
Unknowingly pursuing her destiny, Margaret graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Arts degree i
More about Margaret Moore...

King John (4 books)
  • My Lord's Desire (King John, #1)
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • Knave's Honor (King John, #3)
Gwyneth and the Thief Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1) Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #2) Highland Rogue, London Miss The Overlord's Bride (Warrior, #13)