Start by marking “Master of the Books” as Want to Read:
Master of the Books

Master of the Books (Book Trilogy #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  652 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Marcel and Nicola are coming to terms with their new life as Prince and Princess of Elster. Marcel learns what spells and charms he can by reading the books left by Lord Alwyn, but soon realises his limitations in magic-making when he puts the entire kingdom under a spell. Ages 10+.
Published June 1st 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd

Anne Hamilton
I really enjoyed this sequel to The Book of Lies. Marcel is struggling with the fact he has succeeded Lord Alwyn as Master of the Books and is expected to defend the kingdom in the event of attack. Fortunately no one's been interested in Elsternwyck for quite some time, so it isn't a big issue that his minor magicks never quite go right.

Where is the boy who defeated Mortregis, the dragon of war? He's lost his confidence and isn't even sure he wants it back. What he would like back is his younge...more
Qing
The second book in a trilogy, follows The Book of Lies and is followed by The Book from Baden Dark.

It's been an ages since I've read The Book of Lies, so about a quarter of the way into the book I was still muddling through characters and previous plot. It's a good thing he dribbled allusions to what happened previously. Total nfi.

Despite my "what's going on?" manner while reading the book, I quite enjoyed it and found myself hooked during the last half of the book.
Ellissa H
The total lack of description in this book got to me. I didn't hate the characters, I didn't hate the story. It is a good children's book. It doesn't spend too much time giving a picture for the reader but merely moves from one plot point to another. The language is simplistic and accessible (good for a children's book I suppose) but not beautiful in any way.
Lucinda
Phenomenal, the series is absolutely amazing!
GSGS
Slightly too young for me (XD) but still love this book. The description is good, twists unpredictable, the fights awesome.
However I'd like more character developement. I don't really sympathise with them, which isn't great. And I wish Moloney would stop killing off the enemy, seeing as it's a trilogy. I mean, first Mortegris and Eleanor and now *SPOILER* Ismar AND Damon. So who's the enemy in book three? I look forward to finding out, but still would've liked it to be the same antagonists.
Matt B
Master of the Books by James Moloney is a good book and has an interesting plot that captures the reader although the character development could use some work as throughout the book the reader did not feel for the characters and relate to them. The Master of the Books is a good fantasy book but is not one of the best in the fantasy genre.
416 pages
MePee23
Awesome Book. but plot is kinda clattered at some points, but meh. Still deserves a 4-star rating,
read the first book first. It will help you understand what is going on in the book. Oh Yeah, and a quick question.....
What Is Your Fav Soda?
Mine=COKE
(Duh)
Julia Jeon
the book after "the book of lies". Marcel is now 13 or so, and he is still a growing sorcerer. It is slow paced at first, but it is amazing how every story fits in so perfectly together.
type95
It was a good book but kind of outgrown the plot - saddened by the outcome of events for the sister (cant remember her name) but overall an alright book.
Gracie La
It's not as good as the first one at all.
It also has a lot of magic and evil in it.
Aldo the story line kind of was a bit confusing
Lauren
This was a really good book, a lot more action and romance then the first one. can't wait to read the last in the series! :)
Melissa
Loved the characters and magic this book has. Story line is slightly predictable but I really enjoyed this all the same.
Emma Hansen
Second book in the trilogy. A fairly enjoyable book. Again aimed at a young crowd, but definitely a good read anyway.
Ellie
A sequel from the book of lies. A fantasy mythical storey recommend it to children aged between 11 - 14 years.
Zahraa
Very creative, interesting. Has lots of twists but needed a stronger ending.
Devereau Booth
incredible!!!! ! i cant belive finn dies!!! NO!! :(
Cynthia Van der Wielen
A very exciting book to read. I enjoyed all of it.
Linda
sequel to The Book of Lies equally well done
Alyss
not as good as the first
Tyler
it was awesome
* Dim ~ Dom *
* Dim ~ Dom * marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Lucia
Lucia added it
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
  • The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)
  • The Whisperer
  • Time of Trial (The Laws of Magic, #4)
  • The Black Madonna (Mystique Trilogy, #3)
  • The Seventh Tower (The Seventh Tower omnibus, #4-6)
  • Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)
My full name is James Francis Moloney and I was born in Sydney, Australia on 20 September, 1954. When I was seven years old, my family moved to Brisbane and except for the odd year or two, I have lived in Brisbane ever since. At school, I was into every sport going - cricket, footy, swimming - you name it. It's hard to believe now but in High School, I was a champion Long Jumper! After University...more
More about James Moloney...
The Book of Lies Silvermay (Silvermay, #1) The Book from Baden Dark A Bridge To Wiseman's Cove Tamlyn (Silvermay, #2)