Start by marking “When a Man Loves a Weapon (Bobbie Faye, #3)” as Want to Read:
When a Man Loves a Weapon (Bobbie Faye, #3)

When a Man Loves a Weapon (Bobbie Faye #3)

Living single in her trailer was great for a time. But now Bobbie Faye’s officially engaged to, and has purchased a home with, the hottest FBI agent on the beat: Trevor Cormier. Even though she still has no idea what he really does on the job, Bobbie Faye has never been happier…until Trevor gets called away on an urgent assignment and leaves her in the care of body-guard s ...more
Published August 4th 2009 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about When a Man Loves a Weapon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When a Man Loves a Weapon

Krystal
Sep 25, 2009 Krystal rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
I'm less than excited about the change in titles for the first two books, as it was part of their charm...not to mention the new covers that have made these books have a romance feel to them. One of the things I loved about these books was the quirky charm, the long ass titles, the cover art, it all lent itself to something different and new. Now it's been whitewashed, at least on the outside. I'm hoping the stories haven't changed to fit a market too.

Finished this the day it was released, but o
Yodamom
“It all started with one crazy Irishman, a chicken foot, and two hunks.

Bobbie Faye has finally made her choice, well she has on the ring of one of these guys. *I can't tell you who, you have to read the books* She seems to be setting up her nest with their new house living together and doing the mattress dance regularly. *Her man of choice does know who to dance very well.* [fans self]

So it is all looking very domestic till, he has to leave for work and he get's her a babysitter. This babysitter
Kate
Diane ~Firefly~
Bobbie Faye and Trevor have been settling into their new home when he gets a surprise mission. Before he leaves, he promises it will just be a couple days and sets her up with his best friend as a watchdog.

After more than a few days, Bobbie Faye gets anxious and with some other information, convinces her most current ex (who isn't happy about the ex part) to help her find an older ex who may know something and starts a chain of disasters as she is known for.

The book starts slow, but soon becomes
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 Pattianne rated it it was amazing
WHEN A MAN LOVES A WEAPON - BOBBIE AND TREVOR SERIES #3

Living single in her trailer was great for a time. But now Bobbie Fayeâs officially engaged to, and has purchased a home with, the hottest FBI agent on the beat: Trevor Cormier. Even though she still has no idea what he really does on the job, Bobbie Faye has never been happierâuntil Trevor gets called away on an urgent assignment and leaves her in the care of body-guard slash babysitter Riley.

As it turns out, Bobbie Faye could use a little
Michelle Kelly
Aug 03, 2010 Michelle Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-read
This book is spectacular. There is non stop action. It is funny, witty, smart and you just fall in love with all the characters. I love these characters so much. I wish I knew a Bobbie Faye because life would never be dull. LOL

You will want to read the first 2 books to be sure you get where "When a Man Love a Weapon" takes off from.
The first book is "Charmed and Dangerous". Literally a page turner. It is hard to believe the entire book is one day! That's how action packed it is.

The second boo
Jen
Oct 10, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it, but the first book will always be my favorite. I like the dynamic between BF, Cam and Trevor when they are all equally unattached. It's just not as much fun when someone pairs off, and the stories become all about domesticity and one person being tired of worrying about losing the other one all of the time. I feel the same way about the Stephanie Plum novels- I'm not a Morelli fan, the dynamic between her and Ranger is more fun, and, like someone said last year about certain ...more
Debra Ann Taylor
Stumbled on the series

So glad I did!
Melliane
Jul 07, 2014 Melliane rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Well I did it, yes I am weak! I read the first two books in French and it’s been a while since I expected the release of the third novel. But it seems that it’s compromised… but well I still hope that the other readers will have the opportunity to experience the final book in this trilogy one day.

Bobbie Faye is engaged to Trevor and everything happens for the best. Indeed, they have already bought a house, he cares for her and does everything to make her happ
JBradford
Apr 01, 2010 JBradford rated it liked it
I got into this one because of a line on the front cover: "Stephanie Plum [fans[ will be thrilled to meet Bobbie Faye." That assertion suggested that this book featured a heroine somewhat analogous to Stephanie Plum, whose crazy antics I enjoy immensely, so I grabbed the book off the library shelf and took it home. As it turns out, however, Bobbie Faye's only resemblance to Stephanie is that she is young and oversexed, and her sister had a child without benefit of marriage. Unlike Stephanie, she ...more
Lokki
Mar 19, 2015 Lokki rated it really liked it
Bobbie Faye is at it again in this third book by Toni McGee Causey. Once again, death and destruction follow in Bobbie Faye's wake, most of it not her fault at all yet she still seems to get the bad rap. When Trevor, the super-sexy FBI guy who is now her fiancé, is called away on an assignment that is only supposed to last three days, Bobbie Faye is upset because they are supposed to be on vacation together fixing up their new little house. To make things worse, Trevor has arranged for a ...more
Wanderer ♔ Wanderlust ♔
Finished this one today and if this is truly the final book in the series, I'm happy on how it ended. But......if I had a say, I'd want at least two more books.

I think of all 3 books, the suspense of this one was the strongest. The bad guy from book 2 is back and looking for revenge but mainly is obsessed with Bobbie Faye and trying to kidnap her for his own sick pleasure while getting back at Trevor knowing he took the woman Trevor loves. I think the humor is definitely tamped down in this one
Bob Schmitz
May 01, 2014 Bob Schmitz rated it it was ok
Shelves: romantic-comedy
If you like a thriller with big tough guys with rock hard abs whose arm's are "bands of steel" who worry constantly about protecting a women who is crazy and dangerous in her lack of self control, a book filled with with talk of hurt feelings and misunderstandings and worry and desire and steely hard blue eyes where the plot makes no sense and FBI and SWAT guys go around and do whatever they please and seem to have no bosses and whose bullets always hit exactly where they intend on the first ...more
Stefanie
Excellent book - funny.
I read this series in 2009. Re-read it again in 2014 - found the books and bought them in 2014, because the series was such a great one to read in 2009.

It keeps you on the edge of your seat through each book. Suspense, action packed, some romance, investigative, Bobbie Faye in danger all the time and who will some the crime or puzzle . . . read the books and find out. I laugh almost through the whole book, just funny how the author writes the characters.

I would recommend
Silver James
Dec 19, 2012 Silver James rated it it was amazing
When a Man Loves a Weapon is the third in the Bobbie Faye trilogy and just as wonderful as the first two. Some of my favorite lines of all time occur in these books and in this book, the author gives a wry nod to some author friends. Toni McGee Causey makes me laugh and chew my nails at the same time. The good news is that she added a novella to give fans one more peek at Bobbie Faye, Trevor, Cam, and the other wonderful misfits of the Bobbie Faye world. Bobbie Faye's Whacked Out, No Good, Reall ...more
Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
As a fan of the south and all the crazy quirky stereotypes that are associated with it I picked up the first book a few years ago and loved it. As soon as I was done I looked up when the next one was coming and counted down the days. Since then the author has changed the titles of the first two books, which I don't understand, but the books stay the same.
If you like a book that starts out running and doesn't stop until the end this is the book for you. Non stop action and hilarity are always su
Kimber
Feb 21, 2013 Kimber rated it liked it
Liked this book. Recommended to me because I enjoy Stephanie Plum.

PROBABLY the closest series I've ever read that comes close to Janet Evanovich. (Lots have been compared, few come close.)

Not a huge fan of the sex. Totally skippable, which is nice. These are considered romances though (whereas Stephanie Plum's are mysteries) so I guess it makes sense. (I still don't have to like it.) blech!

Very fun. Crazy situations. She is not a push over though, which is good. She's going to give it her all! S
Bet Lantaff
Sep 14, 2010 Bet Lantaff rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
This 3rd book in the Bobbie Faye series keeps the ball rolling. It wraps up some open ends from Bobbie Faye's Family Jewels and answers the biggest question throughout the series. There is still plenty of action and lots of funny, snarky, kick-assiness from BF and crew. While it seems that the series is being brought to a close on this book, I really hope for another sequel. This girl is just too much to quit at 3 books. As I said in reviews on her previous books, this series would make a ...more
Jul 01, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I just finished the series and highly recommend for a light, action packed, fun read. The first is amazingly good for being a freshman offering, and though completely unbelievable I was drawn in by the fantastic characterization, fresh writing and continuous humor. Though the author doesn't take herself too seriously, there is a underlying theme of family, love, and loyalty that I miss in Evanovich novels. In the second book (someone made them change the titles-rather badly I think) holds all ...more
Marilou Goodwin
Jan 15, 2012 Marilou Goodwin rated it liked it
I would probably have liked this one more if the Bad Luck vs Bad Ass angle had come up before page 115 -- or if I'd read the first one (or the second) before this one and started out with that idea. Not realizing the main character had a bad luck issue, all the burned down buildings and gun fights that were brought up felt like bragging and someone a little too full of themselves. But I did still keep reading despite that, so it obviously had something even then. (If the author, editor, or ...more
Christy
Aug 23, 2009 Christy rated it it was amazing
Great series! Keep reading Bobbie Faye fans,you won't be disappointed, the writing is the same: fast, intense, quirky and fun!
-Despite the super-cheesy title & cover photo's, which I don't get... why change- for the worse? I think the long, silly titles were great and made this series unique, and the simple cover art was cute. Renaming the series is confusing and I don't think I would have picked up a book called "Charmed & Dangerous" or "Girls Just Wanna Have Guns."
Janet Evanovich fans
Suzanne Keehne
Jun 17, 2010 Suzanne Keehne rated it liked it
Great emotionally/sexual book recommended by a friend. Should be a fast read and enjoyable/fun read. However, I am still early in the book and will probably finish, but it won't be my favorite. She writes much like Janet Evanovich and I got a little burned out on those. There is a lot of humor, which makes me keep going. Have to say the ending is very unusual and suspenseful, but...she DOES end up with the hero.
Peggy
Mar 14, 2014 Peggy added it
Entertaining book (think I'll go back and read the previous books about Bobbie Faye). Sold as a romance but it follows the main character from one disaster to the next as she single handedly destroys pretty much everything around her. Laughed a lot and always wanted to find out what was going to blow up next. Loved the quotes at the beginning of each chapter as other characters commented on the destructive entity known as Bobbie Faye!
Renie
Jan 18, 2010 Renie rated it liked it
Unfortunately I did not read the book that comes before this one and after "Bobby Faye's Very Very Very Bad Day" which left a few things unexplained. I don't think it's entirely necessary to read them in order, but it does help. Still enjoyed the humor and romance of two manly men fighting over Bobbie Faye!
Susan
Jan 12, 2010 Susan rated it it was ok
I think I'm breaking up with Bobbie Faye--the first novel was just pretty darn fun, and the second one was almost as fun, but this third one was just silly and confusing. It's like since some romance publisher took over the series, the author feels like she has to throw in too much in the way of lurve moments--it takes away from the fun of the previous stories.
Kathy
Aug 31, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I really love this author. This is the 3rd book in the series. I loved all three. They are funny, sexy and have a plot. I admit the plots tends to be unbelievable - probably why I love it so much!

The books remind me of Janet Evanovich style. The difference is these are Louisiana instead of New Jersey. I would love to have a friend like Cece - I need the help with the karma.
Keri Stevens
Sep 10, 2010 Keri Stevens rated it it was amazing
TMC pushes all of my buttons--action-heavy plot; funny, funny, funny; she doesn't compromise in her plot (characters must make choices instead of some deus ex machina fixing things--in spite of all of the exploding machines). She's become not only a must-buy, but a must-stalk-and-get-autographed author for me.
Oct 25, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
Not usually my sort of thing but I read the previous Bobbie Faye books and laughed out loud...People who like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum would probably appreciate Bobbie Faye! Wish the publisher hadn't decided to repackage the first 2 Bobbie Faye books and market them (and this one) to the romance readers rather than the chick lit market...
Cathy
Feb 16, 2012 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I ABSOLUTELY love this series, and I am very sad that there may be no more Bobbie Faye books. This series has it all, love, laughter, alpha males, kick ass heroines and family dysfunction. This series is probaly one of my all time favorites and I hope Toni continues with more, even though reports are not good on this. Try this series, you will not be disappointed!
Leslie
Oct 18, 2009 Leslie rated it really liked it
Causey does it again! Another great story about the crazy life of Bobbie Faye. This book was a little darker and a little more intense then the first 2 in my opinion. But what is my crack is the quotes!!! The quotes at the beginning of each chapter is what I can't get enough of. Too too funny!! There's even one from Roxanne St. Claire (love those Bullet Catchers too!!)
  • The Justice Way (3-in-1)
  • Mistress of the Storm
  • Clay (Louisiana Gentleman #4)
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • Little Girl Lost (The Secrets of Stoneley, #2)
  • Illeanna (Orchidea: Love on the Bayou, #2)
  • Into the Fire
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Nikki's Awakening (Passion, Victoria #5)
  • Keeping Guard
  • The Second Betrayal (Lexi Steele, #2)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Lost and Found
  • Twin Games (The Heroes of Silver Springs, #2)
  • A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise  (Bride Train, #2)
  • Bridled and Saddled (Bridled, #2)
  • Arctic Dawn (The Norse Chronicles, #2)
  • Desert Heat (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #2)
Toni McGee Causey is the author of the critically acclaimed and nationally bestselling “Bobbie Faye” novels—an action/caper series set in south Louisiana; the series was released in back-to-back publications, beginning with CHARMED AND DANGEROUS, GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE GUNS, and WHEN A MAN LOVES A WEAPON. She is also a contributor to the USA Today Bestselling anthology LOVE IS MURDER, as well as ...more
More about Toni McGee Causey...

Bobbie Faye (3 books)
  • Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day (Bobbie Faye, #1)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)