Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover

The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover (Berenstain Bears I Can Read)

The Bears have a sleepover, and young readers can join in all the fun in this fun-filled Berenstain Bears reader. Full color.
Published December 23rd 2008 by HarperCollins (first published December 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover

Daddy's Place for the thoughts of his Princess,  Gabriella of the School and House and Friends
My mother wanted me to read this book. I loved it. In the story Barry and Lizzy Bruin went to a sleepover at Brother and Sister's house. They wanted to stay up and they got snacks. Then the girls went and put lipstick on. Each time the cubs did something, Mama and Papa told them to go to bed. I liked the book because I like sleepovers.
Miloš & Brontë
Jan 04, 2009 Miloš & Brontë marked it as to-read
Shelves: learning-to-read
Miloš: What I liked about this book was that the sister and brother were nice to each other and had a sleepover. And what else I liked was that the Mama and the Papa were having a sleepover themselves. And that's what I liked about the book. Okay, Pa?
Cassandra Gelvin
Hijinks stereotypically ensue.

Was I just super nerdy and didn't actually do anything interesting when my friends stayed over for the night? Seriously, in stories everybody seems to get into a lot of trouble. For me, when my friends came over we just hung out until it was time for bed and then we actually went to sleep. We played video games, and that kind of thing. Although video games are probably against the rules in the Bears' house.

This is just two people; it's not a party. They're just sibl
Danette
Jan 14, 2017 Danette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Read with Naomi & Julia.

Dolly
May 21, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: childrens, 2011
This is another fun story in The Berenstain Bears series of books. This may not be the best tale to depict what should go on at a sleepover, but it's fun to read aloud. It's a good book for beginning readers, but I wouldn't call this a 'Level 1.' We have really enjoyed these stories and will continue to look for more at our local library.
Daniel
Nov 30, 2012 Daniel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lame. This is not like the good classics that the Berenstains are known for. The Berenstains must have sold the brand to some publisher that puts out "Berenstains" garbage . . . or the Berenstains writing has gone the way of idiocy and foolishness. This book illustrates that kids can repeatedly get away with disobeying and disrespecting their parents. This book is for those who think bad is good and foolishness is fun.
Amanda
Consciously trying to get as many books for my new reader to read to me as I read to him. And he's loving sleepovers recently too.

This one is good and one of my favorite Berenstain Bears ones yet since it doesn't have Papa Bear playing the oaf. My son studied the illustrations on each page and I often had to prompt him to read so we could continue the story. Definitely a good early reader too.
Molly
Apr 05, 2009 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reader
What you would expect from Berenstain Bears. It is interesting that I have read two beginning reading level 1 books of Berenstain bears and they are VERY different. I so wish publishers would get together on this! Grades 1+
Modboy
Another fairly mediocre story in the domestic life of the Berenstain family. It's cute though and my son loves the "trouble" the children cause as they stay up all night having fun at the expense of Mama and Papa bear's sleep.
Tony Petry
Apr 04, 2016 Tony Petry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is the lowest rating I have ever given to any Berenstain Bears book. Nothing like the old classic tales that I grew up with.
Edward Creter
The Bear family has invited the Bruin kids for a sleepover. Being kids it's hard to get them to bed when they're excitable..and now mom and dad Bear need a sleepover too.
April
Jan 25, 2016 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mama and Papa bear need to divide up parenting duties and come up with some consquences for misbehavior or they will be in for a rough 15 years.
Rosa Cline
Mar 21, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This was a fun Berestain Bear book, mostly adults will understand the 'underlining' humor to it more than the children will but my 3 year old granddaughter enjoyed it just as much as I did.
Wendy Penrod
Wendy Penrod rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012
Nico Larocco
Nico Larocco rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
Jacqueline Quinn
Jacqueline Quinn rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Roxanna
Roxanna rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2014
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2013
Michelle Razo
Michelle Razo rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2015
Casey Browning
Casey Browning rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Cass
Cass rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2013
Cj
Cj rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Nelson Holmes
Nelson Holmes rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Harrison
Harrison rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2013
Bethanym
Bethanym rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Berenstain Bears Clean House
  • Going to the Firehouse
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
  • Cats vs. Dogs (National Geographic Readers)
  • Biscuit's Big Friend
  • Fancy Nancy: The 100th Day of School
  • Pinkalicious: The Princess of Pink Slumber Party (I Can Read Book 1)
  • Flying High (DC Super Friends)
  • Sharks (Fly Guy Presents, #1)
  • Go Away, Dog
  • Hot Dog
More about Jan Berenstain...

Berenstain Bears I Can Read (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Berenstain Bears Down on the Farm (I Can Read Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wishing Star
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Pup (I Can Read Book Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears Clean House
  • The Berenstain Bears' Seashore Treasure
  • The Berenstain Bears Out West
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Kitten
  • The Berenstain Bears' Family Reunion (I Can Read Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Class Trip
  • The Berenstain Bears: All Aboard!