Start by marking “A Shelter in the Time of Storm: Meditations on God and Trouble” as Want to Read:
A Shelter in the Time of Storm: Meditations on God and Trouble

A Shelter in the Time of Storm: Meditations on God and Trouble

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  127 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Fifty-two meditations on Psalm 27 instruct and encourage believers to worship God through the ups and downs of life.

Psalm 27 is a psalm of trouble and worship, of difficulty and beauty, of the evil of people against people, and of the mercy of God. Because of its honesty about life in this fallen world, Psalm 27 speaks into the life of every believer. At the same time it p
Published March 26th 2009 by Crossway Books

To ask other readers questions about A Shelter in the Time of Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shelter in the Time of Storm

American Gods by Neil GaimanAre You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy BlumeThe God of Small Things by Arundhati RoySmall Gods by Terry PratchettTheir Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
God
252nd out of 293 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Jeff Stiles
Nov 09, 2015 Jeff Stiles rated it really liked it
This is a book of meditations on Psalm 27. Tripp encourages us to trust God in and through times of trouble and to remember that He is faithful and that He will hold us up. Our circumstances do not determine our relationship to God.
I found the reminders in this book helpful and I appreciated the "Take a moment" questions at the end of each reading.
Cathie
Nov 01, 2014 Cathie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Tripp's. He has been a good mentor to me through his books. This book is a series of meditations on Psalm 27. I read it first as a devotional and second with my small group. I found it rich and deep and simple. Each meditation was both uplifting and thought provoking. It was good conversation starter for our group as well.
Wade
Jan 09, 2012 Wade rated it it was amazing
Shelves: commentary, favorites
This is a great book on Psalm 27. Each of the chapters are only three (or so) pages each, reflecting on a different theme brought up throughout the Psalm. The theology is solid and Tripp is also a very gifted counselor and able to get to the “heart” of the passage (and the “heart” of the reader) really well.
Matt
Oct 15, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it
This book provides 52 meditations based on Psalm 27. Paul Tripp shares many valuable insights in this book which helped me to set my mind on the Lord. I used this as a nightly devotional over the course of several months and benefited greatly from it.
Becca
Aug 02, 2014 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
A great set of devotions on Psalm 27. Tripp's mixture of poetry and prose is beautiful, comforting, wise and encouraging. Highly recommended for those in a season of difficulty.
Joel
May 24, 2010 Joel rated it it was ok
There are a few thoughtful meditations within, but I think that Whiter Than Snow was far more focused and powerful. Good content, but I am still not much of a 'devotionals' guy.
Sarah Thompson
May 27, 2010 Sarah Thompson rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book! It really made things click, and showed me that God is in control and we have a choice in our attitude towards the things God allows in our lives!
Jana
Jul 22, 2012 Jana rated it it was amazing
Great for daily devotions or very small groups-- leads to good sharing!
Teri
Aug 07, 2012 Teri rated it it was amazing
I love it...is a must read in my library.
Elizabeth
Jun 02, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: worth-re-reading
worth rereading from time to time
katherine mccray
katherine mccray rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Kent Kloter
Kent Kloter rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Susan Lloyd
Susan Lloyd marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Joe Best
Joe Best marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Joshua Enoabasi
Joshua Enoabasi marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Gary Potratz
Gary Potratz is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2016
Isaac D. Jones
Isaac D. Jones marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Josh Hunter
Josh Hunter marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Alex Morgan
Alex Morgan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Genena Land
Genena Land is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2016
David
David is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2016
Jeff Vaughn
Jeff Vaughn marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Belinda Drennan
Belinda Drennan is currently reading it
Feb 15, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
  • Blame It on the Brain: Distinguishing Chemical Imbalances, Brain Disorders, and Disobedience
  • Counsel from the Cross: Connecting Broken People to the Love of Christ
  • CrossTalk: Where Life & Scripture Meet
  • Surprised By Grace: God's Relentless Pursuit Of Rebels
  • Holiness by Grace: Delighting in the Joy That Is Our Strength
  • The Gospel for Real Life: Turn to the Liberating Power of the Cross... Every Day
  • Speaking Truth in Love: Counsel in Community
  • The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World
  • Be Still, My Soul: Embracing God's Purpose And Provision In Suffering
  • Christians Get Depressed Too: Hope and Help for Depressed People
  • Counseling: How to Counsel Biblically (MacArthur Pastor's Library)
  • What's So Great about the Doctrines of Grace?
  • Living for God's Glory: An Introduction to Calvinism
  • Foundations of Grace, 1400 BC - AD 100 (A Long Line of Godly Men #1)
  • The Christian Counselor's Manual: The Practice of Nouthetic Counseling
  • You Can Change: God's Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative Emotions
  • Answering God: The Psalms as Tools for Prayer
  • Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications
Paul was born in Toledo, Ohio to Bob and Fae Tripp on November 12, 1950. Paul spent all of his growing years in Toledo until his college years when his parents moved to Southern California.
At Columbia Bible College from 1968-1972, (now Columbia International University) Paul majored in Bible and Christian Education. Although he had planned to be there for only two years and then to study journalis
More about Paul David Tripp...

“Psalm 27 tells that even in the middle of difficulties that we do not understand nor seem able to escape, we have reason to take heart and have hope.” 2 likes
“Remember, waiting isn’t just about what you are hoping for at the end of the wait, but also about what you will become as you wait.” 1 likes