Start by marking “A Shelter in the Time of Storm: Meditations on God and Trouble” as Want to Read:
A Shelter in the Time of Storm: Meditations on God and Trouble

A Shelter in the Time of Storm: Meditations on God and Trouble

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A fresh, edgy, personal, challenging, and hopeful devotional on Psalm 27, a psalm that juxtaposes trouble and worship. A companion to Whiter Than Snow, a devotional based on Psalm 51.
Published March 26th 2009 by Crossway Books

To ask other readers questions about A Shelter in the Time of Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shelter in the Time of Storm

Cathie
I am a big fan of Tripp's. He has been a good mentor to me through his books. This book is a series of meditations on Psalm 27. I read it first as a devotional and second with my small group. I found it rich and deep and simple. Each meditation was both uplifting and thought provoking. It was good conversation starter for our group as well.
Wade
This is a great book on Psalm 27. Each of the chapters are only three (or so) pages each, reflecting on a different theme brought up throughout the Psalm. The theology is solid and Tripp is also a very gifted counselor and able to get to the “heart” of the passage (and the “heart” of the reader) really well.
Matt
This book provides 52 meditations based on Psalm 27. Paul Tripp shares many valuable insights in this book which helped me to set my mind on the Lord. I used this as a nightly devotional over the course of several months and benefited greatly from it.
Becca
Aug 02, 2014 Becca rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: faith
A great set of devotions on Psalm 27. Tripp's mixture of poetry and prose is beautiful, comforting, wise and encouraging. Highly recommended for those in a season of difficulty.
Joel
There are a few thoughtful meditations within, but I think that Whiter Than Snow was far more focused and powerful. Good content, but I am still not much of a 'devotionals' guy.
Sarah Thompson
Fantastic Book! It really made things click, and showed me that God is in control and we have a choice in our attitude towards the things God allows in our lives!
Jana
Great for daily devotions or very small groups-- leads to good sharing!
Teri
I love it...is a must read in my library.
Elizabeth
worth rereading from time to time
Butch
Butch marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Laurel Siler
Laurel Siler marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Nate
Nate marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Jeff Stiles
Jeff Stiles is currently reading it
Nov 04, 2014
Steve Laube
Steve Laube marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Jeremy Allen
Jeremy Allen marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Owen
Owen marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Bill
Bill added it
Sep 23, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Blame It on the Brain: Distinguishing Chemical Imbalances, Brain Disorders, and Disobedience (Resources for Changing Lives)
  • Seeing With New Eyes, Counseling and the Human Condition Through the Lens of Scripture (Resources for Changing Lives)
  • Cross Talk: Where Life and Scripture Meet
  • Counsel from the Cross: Connecting Broken People to the Love of Christ
  • The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism
  • In Christ Alone: Living the Gospel Centered Life
  • A Sweet and Bitter Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God
  • Surprised By Grace: God's Relentless Pursuit Of Rebels
  • Counseling: How to Counsel Biblically (MacArthur Pastor's Library)
  • The Practice of Godliness
  • Holiness by Grace: Delighting in the Joy That Is Our Strength
  • Relationships: A Mess Worth Making
  • Competent to Counsel: Introduction to Nouthetic Counseling
  • Instructing a Child's Heart
  • Foundations of Grace, 1400 BC - AD 100 (A Long Line of Godly Men #1)
  • Christians Get Depressed Too: Hope and Help for Depressed People
  • When Sinners Say "I Do": Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage
Paul was born in Toledo, Ohio to Bob and Fae Tripp on November 12, 1950. Paul spent all of his growing years in Toledo until his college years when his parents moved to Southern California.
At Columbia Bible College from 1968-1972, (now Columbia International University) Paul majored in Bible and Christian Education. Although he had planned to be there for only two years and then to study journalis
More about Paul David Tripp...
Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change (Resources for Changing Lives) What Did You Expect?: Redeeming the Realities of Marriage Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens (Resources for Changing Lives) War of Words, Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles (Resources for changing lives)