Start by marking “"Honey, It's All in the Shoes": Celebrating the Footsteps of the Contemporary Woman” as Want to Read:

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Finding Your Footing Has Never Been So Much Fun!

Can you remember the magic you felt when you slipped on your mother's high heels; your very own first pair of pumps; your excursion for the perfect professional pair; the glory of finding the most comfortable shoes; and your first ballet slippers, Mary Janes, or running shoes? In these pairs of shoes reside distinct journeys,
Published July 1st 2009 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about "Honey, It's All in the Shoes", please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about "Honey, It's All in the Shoes"

Cheryl
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to walk in someone else's shoes?

Well Southern Belle Phyllis Norton Hoffman does exactly that in Honey, It's All in the Shoes. She takes readers on a delightful, fun, charming, and witty ride down memory lane into her life as well as the lives of some of the most famous celebrities to have helped pave the way to the great selection of shoes we have to choose from today.

This book is broken up into little chapters. Each chapter talks abut an event that
Britni
Honey It’s All In The Shoes is a collection of personal essays by the founder of the magazine Southern Lady, Phyllis Hoffman. I was excited to read this book because well, let’s be honest, I love shoes. The personal essays were an insightful guide into the life of a woman born and raised in the south, but I didn’t find them quite as meaningful to me because you know what, I do wear white shoes after Labor Day. And I wear my hair in a ponytail and no makeup more often than not. The stories were a ...more
Brenda Grizzle
Jun 30, 2009 Brenda Grizzle is currently reading it
More to come on this one as I just received this today after seeing it in Southern Lady Magazine, one of my favorites, and given the author is Southern Lady's publisher, Phyllis Norton Hoffman, I except nothing short of a wonderful, fun read. Can't wait to get started.
Lindsay
Cute stories, some little bursts of thought provoking prose, and interesting bursts of shoes throughout history. Not on my top list, but an easy going summer quicky. I will have to try the lasagna recipe :)
Linda
Cover art misleading -- makes one think she was editor of Southern Living, not Southern Lady, just by the font. Still okay and I do love my shoes!
Laura Collette
Laura Collette marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Danika
Danika marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
Megan Lake
Megan Lake is currently reading it
May 22, 2012
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2011
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2011
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
Sunshine ♥
Sunshine ♥ marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2010
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2009
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 19, 2009