Blank-133x176
Brute Force Signed Edi...

Andy McNab

Brute Force Signed Edition (Nick Stone #11)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  553 ratings  ·  19 reviews
1987, porto di Tripoli. Nick Stone è una macchina da combattimento al massimo dell’efficienza nonostante la giovane età. Forse per questo è l’unico che può impedire che il governo di Gheddafi consegni ai terroristi dell’IRA un carico di armi e munizioni. E c’è un solo modo per fermare l’operazione: uccidere il terrorista che ne è responsabile, Benjamin Lesser.
Vent’anni dop...more
Published (first published March 30th 2011)

Helen
Well, it's not often that I read the summary for a book and find that the PR guy who wrote the summary didn't actually read the book.

So, first, this correction. Nick Stone's car does not erupt in flames. On holiday in Ireland, he finds a bomb under the car, removes it, and takes it apart to analyze it. This part, incidentally, is fascinating. As Stone takes apart the bomb, he describes the way it works, how it is made, and what constitutes a bombmaker's signature.

Andy McNab writes terrific thri...more
Big Shell
It is unfortunate that McNab's marketing team is obsessive about his background as an SAS soldier. I don't know what he was like as a soldier, but I had to stress again and again that the appeal of the series is that he is an exceptional writer. I'm glad to know that he is a trainer, as he possesses a rare talent of explanation. He could take any concept, and tell it in such a way that any laymen could follow and understand. Among that, he still managed to weave gripping stories, with a cast tha...more
Giovanni
Dopo "Plotone Sette", un libro autobiografico incentrato sul toccante rapporto con i compagni d'armi e sull'impossibilità di affrancarsi del tutto da un mondo speciale quanto dannato e dai suoi spettri, McNab non abbandona questo fil rouge nel ritorno ai thriller d'azione. Nick Stone, reduce dall'avventura afghana, invita la compagna e la figlia del defunto amico Peter in Irlanda per trascorrere il Natale. La vacanza idilliaca si trasforma ben presto in un incubo: Stone rinviene una bomba destin...more
David Roberts
The book I am reviewing is Brute Force by Andy McNab which is an excellent SAS thriller which I bought from a car boot sale. This is another installment in the Nick Stone series about an ex SAS trooper and the covert jobs he does. Andy of course was a sergaent in the SAS & if you only read one book by him read Bravo Two Zero which is the true story about when he went on a mission in the First Gulf War and got captured by the Iraqis. It is one of the greatest war books ever. This book is grea...more
Dave
I really like the Nick Stone books. Nick himself is much more than the typical cartoon character hero so common in similar books by lesser authors. It's McNab's keen eye for detail that drives his books forward, more so than the actual action itself.

Brute Force is no different. The plot, like most Andy McNab books, is not overly complex. The writing is clear, clipped and draws in the reader better than any other writing in this genre. McNab, having been a real special forces soldier himself, inj...more
Author Annette Dunlea
Brute Force by Andy Mc Nab
Brute Force is Mc Nab’s 11th Nick Stone novel. It is published by Bantam Press and its ISBN is 0593055624. Nick Stone fans will not be dissappointed. It is action packed fast and furious. It is a real page turner and ended too quickly for me. Stone used be in the UK special forces but is now retired. Still someone is trying to kill him. First his car blows up and then a man on the back of a motorbike tries to gun him down. He sets about trying to discover who is trying...more
Any Length
I really enjoyed the technical side as well as the various ways the protagonists worked together to avoid being caught. Fast paced at the beginning I found the book lagged a bit when they got to Libia and the plot got a bit confusing. Nevertheless a good read.
Dunc Mack
Good story, poorly written
Mevlit Suleyman
Just thought what a great read it was, for me it felt a bit more like a jack reacher noval ;
(Lee childs ) were their is a bit of invincibility about our main lead! How he is always thinking one step ahead and working whatever clues he has! Now I will download number 12 ,can't wait to see where he ends up
Richard Howard
Nick's past comes back to haunt him when an IRA member sees him on TV. The daughter of one of the men Nick killed whilst in the SAS plants a bomb under his car and initiates a series of events that take us from Ireland to Italy to Libya. The story tells us that the peace process in Ireland was brought about by deliberate sabotage from within the IRA with several failed smuggling runs to kill some of the die-hards and the Enniskillen bombing to loose any support from the public.
Chris Harrison
Realy enjoyed this book, was very detailed without being overly complicated with military jargon. Good story and easy to follow all the way through. Thats me read all but the most recent book of the Nick Stone series, which I will be picking up over the next day or two.
Jim McGowan
Another great page turner in the Nick Stone series. The story has a good plot and moves along at a really good place. High level of immersive detail in both the bland and the exotic settings of the story, and engaging main character that you really get behind.
Grace
I enjoyed this book and feel that the series gets better and better. Some of the earlier books were more difficult to read. I would recommend this to any fans of Andy McNab (Nick Stone) out there.
Paul Chandler
Once again Andy McNab writes a great book. I really enjoy the factual-fiction of the Troubles in Ireland. Looking forward to reading on!
stan
Addictive ....packed withwild action and revealing trade craft it is a heart-thumping read
Keith Nixon
Didn't get chance to finish as an audio book reasonable but predictable
Thomas Lambert
very good, action packed.
Emily Page
Emily Page marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Paul Newhouse
Paul Newhouse marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Gareth And
Gareth And marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jordi Janssen
Jordi Janssen marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • The Increment (Matt Browning, #2)
  • The Hunter (Victor the Assassin, #1)
  • Rough Justice (Dan Shepherd, #7)
  • Eight Lives Down: The Story of a Counterterrorist Bomb-Disposal Operator's Tour in Iraq
  • Task Force Black
  • Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #3)
  • Without Mercy
  • Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
  • Apache. Ed Macy
Andy McNab joined the infantry in 1976 as a boy soldier. In 1984 he was badged as a member of 22 SAS Regiment. He served in B Squadron 22 SAS for ten years and worked on both covert and overt special operations worldwide, including anti-terrorist and anti-drug operations in the Middle and Far East, South and Central America and Northern Ireland.

Trained as a specialist in counter terrorism, prime t...more
More about Andy McNab...
Bravo Two Zero Remote Control (Nick Stone, #1) Immediate Action Firewall (Nick Stone, #3) Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)