Start by marking “In a Wolf's Eyes” as Want to Read:
In a Wolf's Eyes

In a Wolf's Eyes

3.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Can a werewolf show a former model his scars don’t matter?

Months ago, former model Reed Emerson was nearly killed in a car accident. While on a trip to celebrate his recovery, he gets lost in the woods and meets an unusual wolf. When the animal turns out to be more than just a wolf, Reed is astonished and a little afraid.

Werewolf Ethan Amhurst has been alone a long time. F
Published 2008 by Cobblestone Press

To ask other readers questions about In a Wolf's Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In a Wolf's Eyes

Daisiemae
In a Wolf's Eyes is a very sweet lovestory that has a paranormal twist to it. This is my first book I have read by Cassandra Gold, and it won't be the last. For a short novella, the pacing was pretty good. It didn't feel too rushed, and the characters were pretty well developed and the storyline was interesting.

Reed is recovering from a horrible car accident. Once, he was a top paid fashion model and in a pretty steady relationship. Now, he is jobless, single and trying to find his place in the
Erotic Horizon
Aug 12, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Lost in the forest after deciding to celebrate his recovery for a terrible traffic accident – Reed Emerson is confronted by a wolf. Caught between a rock and a hard place he goes with gut instinct and ends up in a cave with a wolf and wakes up with a man all warm and snuggle down with him.

Reed has issues, for one his accident has left him scarred and after losing one partner because of them he was not going to put himself through that stress again no matter how much he likes the guy or how much
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Really cute short story. Really liked the characters and wish it was longer... It was a sweet happy read
Elisa Rolle
Reed is a young man with some self-consciousness problem. A former fashion model, he had to retire after a bad car accident who left him scarred. More than losing the work, what left him more hurt was the rejection from his boyfriend, a vain man who didn't suffer the sight of his scarred body. To try to forget and to celebrate his new-found independence, Reed goes in an hiking trip, only to get lost in the wood.

Ethan is a lonely werewolf. He owns some acres of woods and he usually is content wit
Lucy
Nov 17, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it
A very short and sweet shifter story. Reed is a former model, now scarred in an accident, who gets lost while hiking in the woods during a 'celebration' of his recovery. Ethan is in wolf form and finds Reed, leading him to safety in a cave. Both men are lonely, caring and seem kind. It is insta-love, but takes a little longer for them to find their way. I wish it had been longer, as I really liked the characters.
Heather C
Jul 05, 2011 Heather C rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather C by: Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Aww...this story was really cute and sweet. I really would have liked for it to be a bit longer but its a nice quick read if you don't have much time for something longer.
Jimmy Hanson
Jun 22, 2012 Jimmy Hanson rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifter, 2012
Kind of ... very not-believable. Oh, while you're reading the story it seems plausible enough, although you kind of have to stretch your view on what is 'realistic' and what's not.

I just find it hard that Ethan would make a life-altering decision like revealing his werewolf nature - which he's NEVER done before, with anyone not a fellow were - to someone he met only a few hours before. Or that Reed would believe it so quickly, even with proof, after only a few hours. Maybe if they had known eac
Candice
Read on 4-16-18

I liked Reed and Ethan. Would have liked it to be longer, but then again, I always say that.
Amneris Cesare
Jan 04, 2016 Amneris Cesare rated it liked it
nice and entertaining reading
Mara Ismine
Feb 13, 2010 Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
A gentle shapeshifter story and a beautiful example of the original version of "if you love someone let them go". I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ellie
I got about halfway ... then the weirdest thing happened: I just couldn't go any further. Read into that what you will.
Chris
Dec 01, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Good short paranormal m/m romance about a guy who gets lost in the woods and found by a strangely intelligent wolf...
Ami
Mar 06, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
What a sweet story. I really enjoy the connection between Reed and his wolf.
Lexi Ander
Nov 16, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters
3.5 stars. It had a nice lesson on scars. Too short, I wanted more.
Lindsay
Feb 23, 2009 Lindsay rated it really liked it
What a sweet story! 4.5 stars.
Veronica /  V
Feb 19, 2012 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
Short and sweet, I loved it.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Maggie
Oct 16, 2012 Maggie rated it liked it
Rating 3.5
AngelWars
AngelWars rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Micki
Micki rated it it was ok
May 25, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 19, 2016
Nola
Nola marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Kelly H. (Maybedog) marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Skm
Skm added it
Mar 13, 2016
Melody Hillier
Melody Hillier marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
MM Love
MM Love rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
  • Manfred's Curse
  • Love in an Elevator
  • Off the Record
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Letting In the Light
  • Midsummer Moon (Midsummer, #1)
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Cruise for Christmas
  • Male of the Species (Males of the Species, #1)
  • Tristan (Resistant Omegas #1)
  • Out of the Shadows (West Wind Pack #1)
  • Finding Chandler (Solitary Knights of Pelham Bay, #1)
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Damn Gorgeous
  • In Bear Country
  • Wicked Game
  • The Professor's Secret Passion
1999248
By day, I am a middle school teacher. I spend much of my time grading papers, filling out paperwork, and trying to get 6th- and 7th- graders to read.

When I am not at work, I can generally be found at the computer, dreaming up stories about men falling in love. When I have spare time (which is unfortunately not too often anymore!) I read romance of all kinds. Occasionally I pretend to do housework,
More about Cassandra Gold...