Start by marking “Tribute” as Want to Read:
Tribute

Tribute

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  20,138 Ratings  ·  991 Reviews
The #1 New York Times bestselling author presents her latest blockbuster novel, the story of a big-screen legend, a small-town scandal and a young woman caught up in the secrets and shadows of both.

Cilla McGowan, a former child star, has found a more satisfying life restoring homes. So she comes to Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley to save the dilapidated farmhouse that once be
Mass Market Paperback, 451 pages
Published March 31st 2009 by Jove (first published July 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tribute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tribute

jenjn79
Apr 04, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: favorite author
If there'd been an epilogue at the end of the book, I would have given Tribute 4.5 stars probably. Otherwise it was a solid 4-stars. I didn't absolutely and utterly LOVE the book, but I enjoyed it quite a bit (and was rather annoyed that everything seemed to be going wrong this week, keeping me from finishing the book).

Though the book is a romantic suspense, it doesn't have a high-intensity, frenetic feel that you get in other romantic suspense books (such as those by Karen Rose, Beverly Barton,
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 17, 2012 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audible, steamy
This was a typical Roberts romance… until we meet Ford Sawyer. Now, I admit that this is a personal reaction, but I simply fell in love with him at first appearance and that never abated. I mean how can you resist the combination of a really cool job (graphic novel author and artist), southern equanimity and persistence, and basic, masculine competence?

Cilla was interesting enough on her own, too—a former child actor with enough residual resources to build a new career in a new place and have th
Sombra
La dosis justa de romance y misterio hacen de esta novela una de las mejores que he leído de esta autora.

En esta ocasión nos cuenta la historia de Cilla, una joven que proviene de una familia de actrices cuyas vidas no han sido color de rosa, sino todo lo contrario. Su abuela se suicidó con apenas 39 años, su madre nunca se hizo cargo de ella como una madre normal y ha pasado por un sin número de parejas y matrimonios y ella se casó joven para escapar de la vida Hollywoodiense que llevaba.
Decidi
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release: July 2008

WOW…just WOW! I just finished Nora Robert's new book "Tribute" and my heart is still racing. I don't know how La Nora does it, but she has written yet another sure-to-be-bestseller that is truly a romantic suspense. The story softly, quietly pulls you in as the hero and heroine become real to you and you begin to feel their excitement, uncertainty, happiness, anxiety, joy, fear, and finally their triumph. It's a stunning emotional rollercoas
Christa
Jul 09, 2008 Christa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I am so glad that I read this book! I love so many books, but I honestly can't remember when I have read one that I enjoyed more than Tribute. I found it to be exceptional. It has great writing, wonderful characters, and a good storyline. I found the heroine, Cilla McGowan, to be very likeable, as were several other characters, particularly her father and her ex-husband, but the hero made the book. I have seldom read about a hero that I enjoyed more, and Ford Sawyer has to be the best beta hero ...more
Jonetta
Sep 15, 2011 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cilla McGowan is a former child star from a family of performers and she's now working on becoming a building contractor. Her grandmother was a famous actress and singer and her mother is also in the business. Cilla has returned to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia to restore her grandmother's farmhouse, which has been neglected for more than thirty years since her death. Ford Sawyer is a graphic book writer and artist who lives across the street and becomes interested in what she is undertaking ...more
Floripiquita
El libro es entretenido. La película, por su parte, bastante mala. No sé porqué pero todas las pelis basadas en los libros de Nora Roberts convierten las historias en naderías de telefilm de sábado por la tarde.
Angela
May 14, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Every time I go into a Nora Roberts book, I expect to not be very surprised. And this isn't exactly fair of me, because while yes, we're talking romance novels here and the romance genre certainly has a huge list of common tropes, this does not mean Ms. Roberts is necessarily going to use them.

Let me give you an example with Tribute. The instant the heroine's ex-husband showed up, I expected him to be a bastard and/or to get a rivalry going for her affections with the guy she was obviously inter
Noelia
Reseña completa: http://cazadorasdelromance.com/critic...
Me gustó mucho. Cilla y Ford me encantan, son muy monos. Y como Cilla se integra en la familia de su padre, que es muy agradable. El perro es genial. Y todo con un "enemigo hostil" cerca que hace que Ford tenga que estar ojo avizor porque ella quiere defenderse sola.
Christine Anna  Kirchoff
It kept me up into the early hours of the morning.Piece by piece I'm pulled into the story and held hostage by her words. Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Jennifer Wardrip
I loved TRIBUTE so much that I stayed up late two nights in a row to finish it. Then I was depressed that I had finished it so quickly!

This latest offering from Nora Roberts really does have everything I've come to love in her writing: mystery, romance, great character development, and a truly interesting storyline.

With the added fun additions of flipping houses, hosts of HGTV shows, graphic novelists, actresses and screen legends, and high school English teachers, all branches of career and l
Sonia Cristina
3.5 estrelas

Ouvi tantas pessoas comentarem que este livro era mau, que é dos piores de Nora Roberts, que tive algum receio de o ler. Mas, pronto, Nora Roberts é um vício, para o bom e para o mau. Acabei por gostar mais do que esperava, de facto, até achei que foi uma leitura bastante agradável.

Gostei muito de Cilla, só por aí já vale mais de metade da nota, pois muitas protagonistas femininas de NR têm o poder de me irritar sobremaneira. E Ford, ah Ford é o típico noro, adoro-o!
Maria
Jan 10, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
This was my first Nora Roberts novel and although I came in with no expectations whatsoever, I have to say- I was a bit disappointed. I thought that the smut aspect of it would exceed most other books but I was wrong.

To begin with, the story itself wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either. Maybe it’s because I don’t care much for fixing houses but I found myself feeling distant and withdrawn from the main story line. For this reason it didn’t maintain my attention whatsoever and I found myself put
Bonnie
Aug 18, 2008 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nora roberts fans; those looking for a beach read
Beth
Jan 23, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Alright, y'all need to give me your favorite Nora Roberts titles. (Well, I have Jess's. And I really, really liked Public Secrets, too.)

Turns out that I really like how Nora Roberts does plot. I like how she does ordinary days - and ordinary people, including the formerly-famous - and then adds a dash of sensational. There's an intensity that is balanced by the warmth of the mundane, and the ugliness is tempered by family and future and hope.

The character stuff is pretty impressive. Here are p
Deborah
Jul 24, 2008 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Wow. Nora has done it again. I loved the characters and the story line was well put together. She even gave the dog an awesome personality. I want a Spock. I was really shocked at the end to find out who was behind it and I did not have an inkling. I loved the rehab aspect since I like watching home decorating shows and I could picture the renovations and the feeling of "home" for Cilla. Ford is the perfect guy and the others characters were exactly what Cilla needed to "find" herself.
Dion Ribeiro
Gosto muito de Nora Roberts mas este livro não me convenceu...
Estava quase a meio do livro quando me apercebi que ainda não tinha acontecido nada de relevante e que apesar de se sentir um certo mistério no ar, este não era suficiente para criar aquela ansiedade na leitura que nos leva a devorar um livro. Considero ainda exageradas as descrições relativas ao trabalho de renovação imobiliária e empreiteiros de obras ao longo de todo o livro, o que o torna um pouco aborrecido.

Kelly
Whoa, mama! Can Nora Roberts spin a good tale or can Nora Roberts spin a good tale? The twists and turns, the whys, the bridge between the past and the present... they were so expertly interwoven that I couldn't tear myself away.

Cilla and Ford were so wonderfully alive in this book. Cilla's passion for restoring and creating and rebuilding was vivid and lively. Ford's ability to debate like a hardcore fanboy and *see* things with an artist's eye made me swoon. I think the fangirl in me was cryin
Cathy
Jan 24, 2016 Cathy marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Last week was arguably one of the strangest weeks of my life and, as a result, I hardly got any reading done because I just wasn't in the mood.

So this book was off to a very slow start through no fault of its own, but it did suffer because of it. I don't know if this is also the reason the romance didn't work for me, but the sad truth is that it did nothing for me at all. Which I'm not that used to when it comes to Nora Roberts' books; I can usually count on the romance to at least interest me m
Sara Gonçalves
Aug 15, 2015 Sara Gonçalves rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Começar de Novo é uma história sobre recomeços, redescobertas e histórias antigas vindo ao de cima.
Começamos a acompanhar Cilla, uma mulher que abandonou uma vida decadente de ex-estrela para se dedicar a restaurar casas, justamente quando ela vai para o lugar que sente poder ser o seu lar, assim que reconstruído - a quinta da sua avó, uma actriz muito famosa que se suicidou cedo, mas em cuja vida se baseia a vida da mãe de Cilla e se poderia basear a sua também. Ao contrário do que diz a sinop
Cindy
Mar 20, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-read
This book was Nora Roberts at her best I think! She pulled me into the story from the first page.

It is about Cilla, the granddaughter of a movie star, the daughter of a movie star, who was a child star herself. She has turned her back on Hollywood and is into flipping houses when she decides to purchase her grandmother's old farm house from her mother and remodel it. The house has been neglected for years, since her grandmother's apparent suicide. There is a hunky man living next door who final
Sónia
Nora Roberts não é uma das autoras da minha eleição. Tem um registo muito próprio. As suas obras obedecem a um "esquema" que tem feito imenso sucesso, mesmo entre as pessoas que, como eu, só "a" gosta de ler para espairecer, com a função de entretenimento no horizonte e para desanuviar do meu registo de eleição: policial/thriller.

Do que eu já li, tem obras bem conseguidas, com base nos pressupostos anteriores, mas não esta, seguramente. É uma obra morosa e exaustiva sobre as velhas glórias de Ho
Fernanda
bem, nao é que não tenha gostado, mas nao achei tanta graça como aos que li anteriormente. com uma ação por vezes lenta, torna a leitura menos apelativa.
a historia em si ate que é interessante, com um misterio a dar animo, mas mesmo assim, a ânsia do virar de paginas nao me atingiu.
Lisa
May 21, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was kept in suspense until very near the end as to who was after cilla. some extremely likeable characters and great whit thrown in too. a very enjoyable read.
Jess
Ford is just such a darling of a hero. Cilla is great too, but really, this is about Ford for me.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
May 24, 2017 Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
I still can't believe Brittany Murphy is dead. She was lovely.

This movie revolved around a former child star Cilla McGowan who has found more satisfying work restoring old houses. In search of a normal life, Cilla buys her grandmother's farmhouse in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, to rescue it from ruin.

Cilla's hope for serenity is soon eclipsed by haunting dreams of her famous grandmother, who died of a supposed overdose in the house, more than 30 years before. Cilla soon begins a romantic relati
Gina
Mar 27, 2009 Gina rated it really liked it
I was expecting more from NR…

Cilla McGowan, former child star, has grown up a woman who knows what she wants. And when she figures out how to get it, there’s no stopping her. Finally, her grandmother’s house, legendary actress Janet Hardy, is hers, and she wants to restore the old farmhouse that her mother has let fall apart. She dreams of becoming a contractor, ‘flipping’ houses for profit. And she’s well on her way.

And yet, at night, she has dreams - conversations with her long dead grandmothe
Laura V.
Creo que he dado en el clavo con esta nueva historia que leo de Nora. Me la he leído como una desquiciada todo el día, prácticamente arruinando los huesos de mis manos(?).
Así de buena era.
Estoy muy muy feliz de haberme arriesgado.
Me gusta el personaje de Ford, realmente ese chico.. ese hombre es... soñado. En el buen sentido. Se siente real, con esperanzas reales, con los pies en la tierra.
Creo que me ha conquistado un poco, hasta se me ha escapado una lagrimita cuando dice esas cosas tan bonit
Liz
Feb 06, 2011 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first romance novel I ever read was Falling For Rachel by Nora Roberts and for a while I was on a mission to read them all. However, after Montana Sky, I realized that her books had taken a turn. All her characters had started to be the same and they were all rich.

Tribute didn’t have the uber-rich people, though it did have two characters with jobs that allowed them flexible schedules. Cilla McGowan is a former child star turned contractor who has come to Virginia to re-do her grandmother’s
Chinablue_25 West Bostedor
Good story. I really liked the love interest in this one. I usually do like the men that Nora Roberts writes in her books. I also really liked the main character, Cilla. She was one of these child stars whose grandmother was like a Marilyn Monroe if you will. Legendary, died young from speculated suicide/ deemed accidental drug overdose. Cilla finally gets her mother (who is a nightmare) to sell her her grandmothers farm in Virginia that has been left unattended for decades. Cilla is a somewhat ...more
Why does Nora Roberts allow her books to be turned into movies? 4 16 Dec 05, 2016 07:16AM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Tribute - December 2015 Book of the Month (Spoiler Zone) 19 57 Feb 27, 2016 03:32AM
Tribute 14 83 Jan 09, 2015 08:31PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Strangers in Death (In Death, #26)
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

“I guess money can't buy happiness if you shop in the wrong places.” 92 likes
“I find myself fascinated by a man who admits to enjoying fairy tales and uses the word "impinge"- barely misses a beat while indulging in a brief girl-on-girl fantasy. You're a man of layers, Ford."
Me and Shrek, we're onions.”
65 likes