Start by marking “I can has Cheezburger? A LOLcat Colleckshun” as Want to Read:
I can has Cheezburger? A LOLcat Colleckshun

I can has Cheezburger? A LOLcat Colleckshun

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,840 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
LOLcats 101. A LOLcat iz a pikshure of a kitteh wif a funny caption. LOLcats r frm the internets and r full of win!!1!
Published October 11th 2008 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published October 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I can has Cheezburger? A LOLcat Colleckshun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I can has Cheezburger? A LOLcat Colleckshun

Matt
Oct 21, 2008 Matt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
With LOLcats, there is no middle ground. You can love them, or hate them, and those are the only two possible options.

I am most certainly a fan of adorable pictures of kitties complemented by descriptive captions riddled with typographical errors. These pictures crack me up and make my day. As an Army officer, I estimate that I waste approximately seventy-five tax dollars per working day by giggling at LOLcats when I am supposed to be working.

In the LOLcat universe, icanhascheezburger.com is the
Michelle
Dec 16, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: olio
this kitteh book wuz funny. sumtimes i likes read qwerky buks.
Mykle
Jun 18, 2010 Mykle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm so relieved that every briefly popular blog on the Internet now gets a book deal. The poor, unwashed, disconnected unfortunates who don't have web access have been yearning -- yearning! -- to read the clever captions on these cute kitten photographs. Their long national nightmare, finally, is over.
Tattered Cover Book Store
Dec 20, 2008 Tattered Cover Book Store added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tattered Cover by: Beth W and Jackie
Beth says: Ridiculosity at its best!

Jackie says: This book is a great introduction to the daily hilarity available at the web site of the same name. Beth introduced it to me several months ago, and now I am a slave to the LOL cats!
Gerry
Jan 18, 2015 Gerry rated it liked it
To translate the blurb for this colourful and amusing book, 'A LOLcat is a picture of a kitten with a funny caption.' Well, it most certainly lives up to its name.

There are well over 200 of them within these covers and the majority of them will bring a smile, or even a laugh out loud moment, to the reader, particularly those with a feline bent.

Kittens cleaning floors, inside washing machines, looking enviously/longingly/peacefully/angrily at food of one kind or another, playing on the laptop, dr
Eva Leger
Okay, I guess I get to be the party pooper here. No problem, I'll take it on.
One question: Would these pictures not still be funny withOUT the incorrect words and grammatical errors?
Seriously, would these pictures, shown to the same people, cease being humorous? Because I'm not getting it.
The cats are cute. Adorable even. This pictures are cute. Adorable even. The captions - if they were spelled correctly - were cute. Maybe even adorable. The captions - as is - are slightly below horrifying.
I
Tez
Nov 24, 2008 Tez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VegasGal
Jan 22, 2009 VegasGal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cat lovers/owners
Shelves: read-2009
Ok, so this book admittedly is a short and really easy read since it's basically packed full of hilarious cat pictures with captions. The pictures are really awesome/cute/funny and MOST of the captions are hilarious too. I would have given this the highest rating because of the content, but sometimes the misspellings just got on my nerves and became hard to understand. Yes, I get it, the book was written that way on purpose, supposedly because the cat is talking, but at times it was just annoyin ...more
Ladiibbug
Jan 02, 2010 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have not visited the LOL cats site, stop what you are doing!! Run, don't walk, and prepare to laugh yourself silly!

This book is a collection of some of the fun, heartwarming, or goofy photos of cats with hilarious captions. I'm a dog person, but the LOL cats site ROCKS! (There's a LOL Dogs site too.)

www.icanhascheezburger.com
Mathew
Jan 20, 2009 Mathew rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stuff you can get free on the intertubes, but you can now pay to get in book form, where the paper will cut your hands and the binding will crack very very soon and you cannot easily add your comments to the pictures and the pictures will not be updated regularly. Such a deal!
Dec 05, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Dis buk iz full of teh laffs. Teh Kittehs haz much of teh cuteness. Teh buk iz epic win. Haz favrites from teh internets and new ones. Buk even haz 5 grammar lessins frum teh prof. happycat!
Dec 20, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good primer on LOLcats for those who haven't visited the website. Some of my favorites weren't included, but maybe they couldn't get permission.
Nikki
Dec 18, 2008 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book! I love the monorail cat! :) :) :)

And the 'nom noms'! That was awesome! You can't read this book and not smile! :)
Rose Ann
Nov 13, 2008 Rose Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made me laugh my head off. if you have never visited the website, do so at icanhascheezburger.com -- you will bust a gut!
Julie
Jan 10, 2009 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hilarous
im in ur goodreads. ratin ur bookz.
Jen
Apr 08, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Iz teh best funnehest bewk evar!
Robert Beveridge
Feb 09, 2011 Robert Beveridge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Robert by: ceiling cat
Professor Happycat, I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Collekshun (Gotham Books, 2008)

Dear book publishers:

I understand that you're all about the bottom line. After all, you're businesses, and in order to remain businesses, you need to make money. I get that, don't get me wrong. And I kind of understand that when the whole blog-to-book idea showed up, it looked like it was going to be the big new thing in bookselling, and so everyone jumped on the bandwagon. But let this be a cautionary tale to yo
Aug 26, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
I don't think there is anyone out there who hasn't come across LOLcats by now (if you haven't then get yourself over to www.icanhascheezburger.com immediately!). I was given this book as a Christmas present years ago but it is one I still pick up and flick through time and again when I'm in need of a giggle. If you're the kind of person who (like me) has a selection of humorous coffee table books then you should have at least one Cheezburger book as part of your collection!

This is the kind of bo
Stewart Tame
This is one of those books that practically reads itself. A mere glance at a page is sufficient time for the brain to process both caption and image. The only way not to read it is to not even look at it in the first place. And where's the fun in that? If you like LOLcat, you'll probably like this book.
Eleclyah

iCANHASCHEEZBURGER.com & Professor Happycat sono lieti di presentarvi una esilarante raccolta fotografica di LOLcats, ciascuna corredata dalla sua LOLcaption!

Il libro contiene circa 200 foto di mici nelle posizioni più buffe e negli atteggiamenti più simpatici che il nostro felino domestico riesce ad offrirci, con tanto di battute a commentarle.
Spassosissimo.
Unico "neo" per chi si avvicina per la prima volta al libro: non è scritto in inglese-inglese... ma in una sorta di di misto tra ingles
Chelsea Gammon
Mar 25, 2012 Chelsea Gammon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a diehard fan of the LOLcats, this book was a logical impulse buy when I saw it.

Although the sheer availability of such pictures on the internet would appear to make this book somewhat redundant, it still makes for a book that's great to have around the house when guests visit, a bathroom read, or anytime you simply don't have the time to get sucked into ours of online LOLcat browsing. And after I was finished with it, it was given to my internet-phobe grandmother, who consequentially had nev
Melody
Apr 27, 2014 Melody rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So I picked it up at the FOL sale because: cats. And I like ICHC. But the addition of drawings to the pictures didn't work for me- was distract frum lols.
Sandy
Dec 13, 2014 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Vincent
THE MOST FUNNY BOOK ON EARTH IT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!
HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!YOLO!!!!!!!
DERPY DERP AND STOOF.
Kaethe
Jul 16, 2014 Kaethe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats, nonfiction
What can you say about a book of LOLcats? It's an amusing way to spend a few minutes, at home or on the go.
Sarah Taylor
Jul 06, 2014 Sarah Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A picture I took of my cat is in this book so I kind of have to love it. =)
Crystal Withem
it was okay. pictures of cats with words that hurt my head to read
Kristal Cooper
Not my favorite franchise, but any cat pic book is good for a giggle.
Paul
Sep 13, 2015 Paul rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, humor
Cute and very much of its time.
Jamie
Oct 31, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of these were really good.
  • Stuff On My Cat: The Book
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat
  • Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals
  • Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Dog Shaming