I can has Cheezburger?

I can has Cheezburger?

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,230 ratings  ·  133 reviews
A New York Times bestseller, the official book of the hugely popular Icanhascheezburger site collects hundreds of the best Lolcat pictures and captions.
Published 2008 by Hodder & Stoughton

Matt
With LOLcats, there is no middle ground. You can love them, or hate them, and those are the only two possible options.

I am most certainly a fan of adorable pictures of kitties complemented by descriptive captions riddled with typographical errors. These pictures crack me up and make my day. As an Army officer, I estimate that I waste approximately seventy-five tax dollars per working day by giggling at LOLcats when I am supposed to be working.

In the LOLcat universe, icanhascheezburger.com is the...more
Michelle
this kitteh book wuz funny. sumtimes i likes read qwerky buks.
Mykle
I'm so relieved that every briefly popular blog on the Internet now gets a book deal. The poor, unwashed, disconnected unfortunates who don't have web access have been yearning -- yearning! -- to read the clever captions on these cute kitten photographs. Their long national nightmare, finally, is over.
Tattered Cover Book Store
Dec 20, 2008 Tattered Cover Book Store added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tattered Cover by: Beth W and Jackie
Beth says: Ridiculosity at its best!

Jackie says: This book is a great introduction to the daily hilarity available at the web site of the same name. Beth introduced it to me several months ago, and now I am a slave to the LOL cats!
Eva Leger
Okay, I guess I get to be the party pooper here. No problem, I'll take it on.
One question: Would these pictures not still be funny withOUT the incorrect words and grammatical errors?
Seriously, would these pictures, shown to the same people, cease being humorous? Because I'm not getting it.
The cats are cute. Adorable even. This pictures are cute. Adorable even. The captions - if they were spelled correctly - were cute. Maybe even adorable. The captions - as is - are slightly below horrifying.
I...more
Tez
VegasGal
Jan 22, 2009 VegasGal rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: cat lovers/owners
Shelves: read-2009
Ok, so this book admittedly is a short and really easy read since it's basically packed full of hilarious cat pictures with captions. The pictures are really awesome/cute/funny and MOST of the captions are hilarious too. I would have given this the highest rating because of the content, but sometimes the misspellings just got on my nerves and became hard to understand. Yes, I get it, the book was written that way on purpose, supposedly because the cat is talking, but at times it was just annoyin...more
Ladiibbug
If you have not visited the LOL cats site, stop what you are doing!! Run, don't walk, and prepare to laugh yourself silly!

This book is a collection of some of the fun, heartwarming, or goofy photos of cats with hilarious captions. I'm a dog person, but the LOL cats site ROCKS! (There's a LOL Dogs site too.)

www.icanhascheezburger.com
Mathew
Stuff you can get free on the intertubes, but you can now pay to get in book form, where the paper will cut your hands and the binding will crack very very soon and you cannot easily add your comments to the pictures and the pictures will not be updated regularly. Such a deal!
Dis buk iz full of teh laffs. Teh Kittehs haz much of teh cuteness. Teh buk iz epic win. Haz favrites from teh internets and new ones. Buk even haz 5 grammar lessins frum teh prof. happycat!
A good primer on LOLcats for those who haven't visited the website. Some of my favorites weren't included, but maybe they couldn't get permission.
Nikki
Awesome book! I love the monorail cat! :) :) :)

And the 'nom noms'! That was awesome! You can't read this book and not smile! :)
Rose Ann
Made me laugh my head off. if you have never visited the website, do so at icanhascheezburger.com -- you will bust a gut!
Julie
im in ur goodreads. ratin ur bookz.
Jen
Iz teh best funnehest bewk evar!
Robert Beveridge
Feb 09, 2011 Robert Beveridge rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Robert by: ceiling cat
Professor Happycat, I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Collekshun (Gotham Books, 2008)

Dear book publishers:

I understand that you're all about the bottom line. After all, you're businesses, and in order to remain businesses, you need to make money. I get that, don't get me wrong. And I kind of understand that when the whole blog-to-book idea showed up, it looked like it was going to be the big new thing in bookselling, and so everyone jumped on the bandwagon. But let this be a cautionary tale to yo...more
I don't think there is anyone out there who hasn't come across LOLcats by now (if you haven't then get yourself over to www.icanhascheezburger.com immediately!). I was given this book as a Christmas present years ago but it is one I still pick up and flick through time and again when I'm in need of a giggle. If you're the kind of person who (like me) has a selection of humorous coffee table books then you should have at least one Cheezburger book as part of your collection!

This is the kind of bo...more
Eleclyah

iCANHASCHEEZBURGER.com & Professor Happycat sono lieti di presentarvi una esilarante raccolta fotografica di LOLcats, ciascuna corredata dalla sua LOLcaption!

Il libro contiene circa 200 foto di mici nelle posizioni più buffe e negli atteggiamenti più simpatici che il nostro felino domestico riesce ad offrirci, con tanto di battute a commentarle.
Spassosissimo.
Unico "neo" per chi si avvicina per la prima volta al libro: non è scritto in inglese-inglese... ma in una sorta di di misto tra ingles...more
Chelsea Gammon
As a diehard fan of the LOLcats, this book was a logical impulse buy when I saw it.

Although the sheer availability of such pictures on the internet would appear to make this book somewhat redundant, it still makes for a book that's great to have around the house when guests visit, a bathroom read, or anytime you simply don't have the time to get sucked into ours of online LOLcat browsing. And after I was finished with it, it was given to my internet-phobe grandmother, who consequentially had nev...more
Christyn
I Can Has Cheezburger? is short, fun and sure to leave you with a smile on your face.
Heather
Don't get me wrong, I love the kittehs. But this book seemed a slap dash collection, missing some of the keener jokes. The explanations were haphazard and half hearted.

I don't know if the editors suffered from rights issues in using the vast number of entries to the original website--but in a book that doesn't even explain the title or reference the original post that launched the site, you have to wonder what's going on.

Cute, but not nearly as cute as the website itself.
Jess
I confess that I am completely addicted to LOLcats and icanhascheezburger.com. Therefore, I really enjoyed this book. I was a little disappointed that they did not include some of my personal favorites but it is a very amusing thing to look at. Anyone who has had a cat knows some of the cute or silly things they do. Many of the personifications are ones fellow pet owners conceive of on a regular basis, I imagine. It was a great and brought smiles to me and those I shared it with.
Sara
A must-read for LOLCat lovers. LOLCats may not be super hip these days but they're a classic of the internet and having it in book form makes them more awesome.
Kirsten
I picked this up at the "local" Barnes & Noble and read through it in less than ten minutes. Random cat pictures with random cute and (more often than naught) grammatically incorrect phrases soak the pages of I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER. For those of you who have looked through Professor Happycat's website or even people who like animals (cats in particular) or just random pictures with wacky captions.. This little book is for you.
Wilson
Yup -- this is just a book of pictures posted on the Internet. I am apparently of that generation that can't figure out how to work the Google and so instead I have to read snippets of the Internet in book form. And as mentioned above, this book is mostly pictures, so claiming that I've "read" it is basically like turning in a 5th grade book report after finishing up a Saturday morning comic strip. I acknowledge all of this. So what.
Joy
This book is pretty cute. I loved the cats though there were a couple of captions that I just didn't get. It's not quite as funny as I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking. But I would definitely like to see some of the other books in the Cheezburger series.
Charlie George
Jan 28, 2009 Charlie George rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Online veterans
Shelves: humor
Outrageously funny. I'm at an uncharacteristic loss for words to describe how much so. Borat wasn't all that terribly funny, but who'd have thunk how immeasurably bountiful would be his gift to the world, in the form of macros using his reprobate grammatical stylings. This is a small collection of such macros, all involving adorable cats. OK, it's a concept piece, better in practice than in theory.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
We got this for my brother-in-law for Christmas. *making sure he won't see this*

Of course I had to check it out first. I'd never heard of the LOLcatz, but this was very cute and funny. My favorites included the surveillance kitteh and the cats doing invisible things. Invisible kick to the gut anyone? Recommended for cat lovers. I also just had to subscribe to the feed at icanhascheezburger.com.
Pure silliness, especially for cat lovers. Brought home by my teen. I admit I laughed a few times despite how kind of ridiculous this book is.
Erica
I agree with what some other reviewers have said - I love LOLcats, and this book certainly made me laugh, but I was disappointed that some of my favorites weren't there. I assume it's because the authors were unable to get permission to use the photos, but still. Would have liked more "Im in ur ___ doing ur ___" pics too. But overall, very funny stuff!
  • Stuff On My Cat: The Book
  • Toothpaste for Dinner
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • Passive Aggressive Notes: Painfully Polite and Hilariously Hostile Writings
  • Underwater Dogs
  • The Cat Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on Lifetime Maintenance (Quirk Books)
How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning