Start by marking “Suck This” as Want to Read:
Suck This

Suck This (Everyday Spectres)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Carl has a good life for a poor kid from Boston. He has a job, a girlfriend, and a best friend who knows everything about him. Except about his occasional jones for guys. When Carl meets Vinnie, a sweet you thing with a mouth made for sin, he has a problem. The problem is Vinnie. How can any man resist anything that pretty, that sweet and that hot? Carl knows he should, th...more
Published April 2006 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Suck This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suck This

The Haunted Vagina by Carlton Mellick IIIBeautiful Cocksucker by Barbara SheridanThe Baby Jesus Butt Plug by Carlton Mellick IIITickle His Pickle! by Sadie AllisonHow to Live with a Huge Penis by Owen_Thomas
Humorous, Strange, or Downright Shocking Titles
40th out of 189 books — 229 voters
Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
110th out of 359 books — 500 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Really 3.5 stars, but I'll bump it up to 4 because it was better than 3 stars.

Carl has been living with self denial all of his life. He likes receiving oral sex from men at the local gay bar, but in his mind he is not homosexual, just a man who likes a getting a blow job from other men. Carl is a blue collared worker who does what is expected from him. He has a girlfriend, works hard and hangs out with roudy homophobic friends who does not know about his occasional trips to the gay bar.

When Carl...more
Jenre
Very few authors can take a stupid, ignorant, hypocritical homophobe and turn them into a sympathetic character. Hated Carl at first but the change in him as the story progressed was a delight to read. Loved the sweet Vincent. One for all the GFY fans out there. Top marks!
Elaine White
I really enjoyed this short read. Great arc in the story, good idea and got the point across without ever saying it. I would love to read more of this couple, however I'm not a fan of accents in writing. I find it very off putting and distracting, especially since I didn't recognise the accent and it made it hard to decipher some of the meanings.
Lily
Interesting story about a construction worker who's in self denial about his sexuality. He's got a girlfriend, likes to hang out with the guys and secretly picks up guys to give him bjs. One night he picks up a gorgeous man who appears to also have a blood fetish and when the night's over Carl can't forget the other man. Turns out Vinnie is a lot more than he appears and Carl's life won't ever be the same again.

I liked this story despite the fact that I didn't like Carl all that much. His consta...more
Mike
One of my favorite sayings!

Can't wait to read this.
Cat
This title comes close to being a short story because it's barely 100 pages but there's a lot of bulk for so few pages. There's also some grammar issues and typos etc but I just found it to be a short, fun read that surprised me a lot more then I thought it would.

Carl starts out as the type of guy I usually hate in books and movies; the asshole who dislikes himself so he says crap about others. His slow development to someone who is fine with being gay and even learning and adopting habits and m...more
Trix
Not sure how I feel after reading this story. It came right after the "Adam & Peter" series where the vampire element was distinctively wrapped around the story.

[spoiler ahead] In "Suck This, there was never any clear mention of what Vincent really was (the nickname Vinnie just makes me thinks of a kid, not full grown vampire). If you read the summary and are no stranger to this author, then the conclusion is obvious. Otherwise, except some allusive hints, you could just think Vincent was in...more
Matimate
Writing review for this book brought up very ambivalent thoughts aka this book was not exactly my cup of tea. Our main hero Carl was drop out from high school and construction yard worker, not bright and not pretty one. He had also nasty habit to talk to his cock, nick named "Little Carl". He had girlfriend aka pussy for weekends and little bad habit to get his cock sucked by pretty boys, but he did not consider himself dirty cocksucker. Author managed to portrait ordinary primitive male who is...more
Ami
My second experience with A.M. Riley's story, and this is her earlier one. I enjoy this story very much. I am not very huge fan of "gay for you" theme. Oh, I like them okay but I prefer both men know and admit that they're gay. This one has a sense of "gay for you" theme but it's really good. I like the portrayal of Carl from being attracted to Vincent until all out change in him. And well, it never says out loud that Vincent is a vampire (he is, isn't he, with his habit of biting Carl's neck) s...more
Sean
This book is even harder to rate. I love but very disappoint in this book. Reason number one: it did not, I repeat, did not once mention someone is actual a vampire. I knew who is vampire but it never mentioned in the book. I adore the relationship between Vincent and Carl. It was beautiful written too. For some reason, I think the author ran out of idea or rushing to finish the book. If the author re-write it, it probably will be million time better.

So, to rate this...I'll give it a 3.5 stars...more
Jean
This story was a little hard to follow at times and the dialect was confusing. But, I found Carl and Vinnie to be likable characters and was happy with the ending.
A construction worker discovers that he really is gay after hooking up with a gay vampire. It was ok.
Sair
old favourite

really intriguing writing and great pace.

I like this style of m/m romance a lot
JD
So, this novella got 4 stars but is more like 3.5.
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Shylo
Shylo added it
Aug 27, 2014
Korin
Korin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Mimi_mare
Mimi_mare marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Bjorn Agayn
Bjorn Agayn marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Theresa Oberloh
Theresa Oberloh marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
  • Need (Need, #1)
  • Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3)
  • A Different Breed
  • Sleight of Hand
  • From Afar
  • Ink
  • Blood Claim
  • A Vampire in Waikiki (Vampire in Waikiki, #1)
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Blood and Alchemy (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #11)
  • The Cost of Eternity (Eternity, #1)
  • Hellbourne: Bound & Determined (Hellbourne, #2)
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon's Disciple/Blood Brothers,  #1)
  • Tainted (Channeling Morpheus, #4)
A.M. Riley is a film editor and amateur poet living in Los Angeles, California. She writes murder mystery, romance and urban paranormal with GLBT characters. In addition to writing, Riley enjoys politics, police blogs and ice hockey.
More about A.M. Riley...
The Elegant Corpse Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1) Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1) Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1) No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2)