High School Debut, Vol. 10 (High School Debut, #10)

High School Debut, Vol. 10 (High School Debut #10)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  1,297 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Can a junior high jock turn high school sweetheart overnight? When Haruna hits 9th grade suddenly boys seem much more interesting than softball! Will Haruna’s high school debut end up in heartbreak hotel?

Friendship and love are put to the test when Asaoka reveals to Yoh that he likes Haruna. To settle things once and for all, Yoh and Asaoka strike a deal--whoever loses the...more
Published July 7th 2009 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published December 25th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about High School Debut, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Debut, Vol. 10

Christina
The match for Haruna's heart between Asaoka and Yoh is heating up as it reaches its end. Who will win the match, and thus, gain the right to win Haruna's affections? And later, summer break is here and Yoh is going to be busy all summer again with prep school! But if that isn't enough of a downer, Yoh is getting bullied by some ugly girl that he never did anything to but help! But when that girl finally starts to warm up to Yoh a bit too much, and Yoh begins to like her as a person, will Haruna...more
Danielle
Michelle. D.
I am writing about the overall series. I finsihed reading the entire series on January 7, 2011.

The overal series was pretty great. I gave it a 4 star rating. Let's talk about some things now.

I. Love. Yoh. I just love him. He is so adorable! Andd I hate that I have to say that. But I can't help myself, he is SO ADORABLE! ANd cool, and awesome, and hot(lol) and all those other wors to descibe him. I love his personality and I love how he is easily embarrassed. He is just so ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I w...more
Estara
Shannon
Thank god the whole sports meet plot is over. Not that it was super terrible, but at least now the plot can move onto something more interesting. I'm still not feeling Asaoka. He's still a weirdo to me and I think he has some legit mental problems. He hits on Haruna and then make awkward jokes. I still have no idea what Asaoka's deal is. It's like he is constantly jumping back and forth from 'I wanna be your boyfriend' to 'haha I was just teasing you hahah'. MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!!

Also, can...more
Savvy
While all of these books are pretty goofy, this one is cute and a little thrilling. I certainly got the feels here.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This was a good one. Story even more good than before. Characters are interesting.
Zen
Reread in March 2014!
Sep 21, 2013 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Jenten0018
So this book had a lot happen. Asoika does having feelings for Haruna, but seem's to be keeping them in the dark.

Yoh got to meet Haruna's family and was really shy and awkward. It was funny how they kept barging in and Haruna was all like hey I want to spend time with Yoh alone.

I hope this girl doesn't bring more problems. She obviously likes Yoh, but I don't think the feeling is mutual, but you know Haruna. The wheel's start spinning in her head.
Anna
Haruna's family is so aaaawkward. When her parents are enthusiastic about her boyfriend coming to meet them is one thing, but even her brother?!

Yoh's classmate in test prep could have been such an interesting character if Kawahara knew what to do with her. As it is, she's shaping up to be yet another rival for Yoh's affections, with Haruna doing her ineffectual spying. Like, could you be more obvious with that "spy" t-shirt, girl?
Kendra
Enjoyed the first part of this one with the sports festival. I'm not sure how I feel about the second half with Jyoho's sister. She's strange, I'll grant you that, but she intrigues me as well. Could she possibly be a new project for Yoh? I guess I'll have to wait for the next volume to see.
maria
Apr 28, 2013 maria rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I like this book alot, mostly cuz the girl with the bushy eyebrows and pigtail looks exactly the same as me...and I know how she feels of being judged by their looks. BUT! I don't try to steal somebody's girlfriend no matter how much I may like him. XP
Vanessa
When Yoh decides to go to a summer class, his girlfriend is bummed until she realizes there's a bully along with him. Also, goes along to finish the sports festival which kept some secrets hidden and some revealed the true nature of characters.
Yasaswi Gudipudi
What is wrong with this story again.....who is that new girl n why is her brother involved....does she love Yoh? Omg i can't tolerate it.....i hope for something gud in this story11th volume
Jamie
This series had hit the dragging point in recent volumes, but the addition of a new character--a creepy nerd girl that likes Yoh--meant this 10th book has started showing improvement.
Kat
Jun 09, 2013 Kat rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Ahh things are getting complicated in a way I have not seen before. How refreshing!
Helena
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!
YOH WON!!!!!!!!
scarlettraces
bought and read straight away.
Mary
Funny. Can't wait for the next one.
Paula
Love this series so much!
Charmaine
Oct 16, 2012 Morgan added it
the best
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 6
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 08
  • Special A, Vol. 16 (Special A, #16)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 13 (Hana-Kimi, #13)
  • Beauty Pop, Volume 3
KAWAHARA Kazune (河原和音)

At 18, debuted with "Kare no Ichiban Sukina Hito"
Her hobby is interior redecorating. Also, while thinking of her manga, she often spaces out and brings grocery baskets home. Adores her nieces.
More about Kazune Kawahara...
High School Debut, Vol. 01 (High School Debut, #1) High School Debut, Vol. 02 (High School Debut, #2) High School Debut, Vol. 03 (High School Debut, #3) High School Debut, Vol. 05 (High School Debut, #5) High School Debut, Vol. 04 (High School Debut, #4)