Start by marking “A Rose to the Fallen” as Want to Read:
A Rose to the Fallen

A Rose to the Fallen

Do soul mates really exist? Is there another person out there who was bornjust for you? And are they the only one who can answer your heart's call? Bridget Monahan is an elementary school teacher and she's about to find out the answers. Her heart is on the mend from many failed relationships, she's a skeptic when it comes to finding love, and the last thing she wants is to ...more
Published December 16th 2008 by Authorhouse

Book Review Diva
Dec 14, 2011 Book Review Diva rated it it was amazing
April Bostic's Book "A Rose to the Fallen"

OH MY GOD!!! I'm speechless at the moment I think back on this book. This book took my breath away. Do you know when read that one book, and you connect with the characters on a deeper level, that is what I felt when I read April's book “A Rose to the Fallen”.

This book has it all from Jealously, Love, Heart Ache, Soul Mates, Undying Love, Joy, and so much more. This book never once lacked in stiring emotion. I was drawn right from the beginning into T
May 15, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is my FAVORITE book. I've read this over and over. The initial meeting, those feelings..........the buildup of this relationship was wonderful. You could feel the connection between these two.

I laughed, I cried, I got angry.........all emotions a great book should make you feel and after I read the last sentence, I turned the book back to the first page and started all over again.

I so wish this author would do some kind of sequel. Would love to find out about how the rest of the characters
Roksana
There is nothing sexy when "heroine is turn on when the hero is having sex with OM in front of her" and then cheats with that very man on the hero!

This completely ruined this book for me!
Phoebe
Jan 23, 2009 Phoebe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Phoebe by: April Bostic
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
Jagged
Jun 15, 2012 Jagged rated it did not like it
This book was horrible. The concept was cute. It was very sappy. Too sappy for me. It was so repetitive and quite frankly; extremely boring. The only part of the book that was remotely good and well written was the last chapter--not the epilogue. The sexual content was repetitive also. There was so much unnecessary content in this book. There was a major lack of description and an overabundance of meaningless dialogue. I think there could have been more thoughtfulness put into how the characters ...more
Ambulur
May 16, 2010 Ambulur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sashh
Sep 02, 2011 Sashh rated it liked it
First of all, I hate the cover.. the hero is supposed to be 24y.o. and not 15 year old teenager.
The book had good potential. As some reviewers already mentioned - good idea but poor execution. The writing style was more appropriate for young teens, not for adults. I still don't regret reading it and it was interesting to follow the development of the main characters. I just wish the writing style was more appropriate for the story. It could have been great...
Lynn Aoude
This is one of the most boring books full of BS. I couldn't even finish it. It is so slow paced with no plot whatsoever. Tristan is an overgrown five-year-old. Every one of his behaviors and actions is childish. As for Bridget, she may have the patience of a saint, but come on! Who wants to be married to that? She's more like his mother!!! This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not going to rant about it. Suffice it to say that this book ain't worth the time to read, neither the time it took ...more
Kelly/yllektra
May 29, 2012 Kelly/yllektra rated it liked it
I liked the idea behind the book and there were parts of it that were really intense and sweet and made me tear up, but there;'s something that didn't do it for me and I cannot quite put my finger on it.
Maybe it was a little repetitive during some scenes and a bit exaggerated at others, maybe the language was a bit I don't know-cliche.. but generally it was an enjoyable book, just not one I am likely to remember in a little while.
Ioanna
Nov 28, 2011 Ioanna rated it it was amazing
I know I said it lost 1 star for the terrible cover...but I liked it so much that 4stars seem unfair...

5 stars for the story and its development...for Tristan with his british accent and possesiveness and past...(in some other writing-life Tristan and Bones would be best friends)...Bridget girl...wow....we share the same fantasy...just wow!!!!I am glad one of us made it come true:)

I liked Justin very much...I was kind of expecting to know what happens to him...
Jess Buffett
Apr 23, 2013 Jess Buffett rated it really liked it
This book was intense. Seriously. The only reason I put 4 stars instead of 5 was because she kept breaking my damn heart. I almost didn't make it to the end due to all the emotion in this book.

Powerful, and inspiring, but the end shattered me before it brought me back together again.

April Bostic, your talent astounds me.
Réka
Jun 20, 2012 Réka rated it did not like it
Not worth the money. If I wanted to read mediocre fanfiction, I would stick to the internet. Full of purple prose, horrible clichés, and shallow characters, this book is on par with the rubbishness of 50 shades of Grey. Just thankfully less popular.
Gothique
May 29, 2009 Gothique rated it it was amazing
This book is incendiary. I usually hate pure romance books but this one was amazing.
Fast paced and the plot isn't one you've read a million times.
Adrielly Rodrigues
Jul 01, 2015 Adrielly Rodrigues rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
One of the most beautiful books I've ever read!!! What a story!!! Beautiful, heartbreaking, cute, sexy, funny!! OMG!! I'm in love with this book, even though I cried my eyes out in the end!!!
Jh Port
Sep 13, 2012 Jh Port rated it really liked it
Where can I find a Tristan????? Even though this book was a little long I was totally addicted!!!
Feliciamarie
Mandy
Jun 23, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
I found out about this book through popular YouTuber Tiffanyd666. She created a trailer about this book. After watching it, I was eager to buy it, but then I found out it was a self-published novel.
That was kind of a problem for me; self-published books aren't my thing. I usually get irritated with mistakes in a book, but this story was so enjoyable I was able to condone those errors. Yes, the author's lacking vocabulary, infinite run-on sentences, excessive use of commas, little/no character d
Morgiana
Jul 26, 2012 Morgiana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in 2 days - not because I liked it too much and couldn't put it down, but because I jumped pages through this whole book. (Sometimes it was more than 50 apges at once, and gee - I could pick up what happened! LOL)
The story could be very inviting for a woman - hands on hearts, ladies, who is NOT dreaming about a hot male who turns out he is your love of your life aaannnndd your soulmate also??? When I read this, I thought, gimme this book, I need to have it!
But I started to read
Nora Villarreal
Jul 22, 2011 Nora Villarreal rated it liked it
Vanessa
Jun 22, 2011 Vanessa rated it liked it
This book was intense, I give it a 3.70. The prologue really had me and as I read the book I kept waiting for the paranormal aspect of the story to appear, but it wasn't until after they meet that we actually have a small glance into the supernatural. At times I become frustrated and wonder if the prologue was not related to the actual plot, since for the most part the plot continue without much supernatural events and I began to feel it was more of a contemporary story. There are some laugh out ...more
Sarahhart4
Jan 30, 2012 Sarahhart4 rated it it was amazing
Intense, Passionate, Hot, Romantic, Dramatic

These words describe the novel the best!

I have never been a person who reads romance novels, but this book was definitely one of the best books ever! The author has not only created a story about love and romance but has added a very unusual twist which makes this book better than others of its kind. Even if your not a romance person, I would suggest reading this book.

Next line's sort of a spoiler so don't read unless you want to.

The only thing that c
Mara
DNF AT AFTER 50%

I think when Bridget asked Tristan to have sex with another guy cause she got all horny thinking about it, that did it for me.

I have nothing against homosexual people, hell I encourage people to be with who they please. But naïve, boring Bridget who showed zero interest in anything other than missionary sex turns into some sort of experienced vixen halfway through? Please explain?

I hear Tristan turns out to be an angel or something. Yeah they is no mention of that and I read hal
Elianne Ferrer
Jan 19, 2013 Elianne Ferrer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cnf
I liked what I read in the review but christ was it boring when I started it. I only got to the 50th page or so, so to rate it or really review it I should probably finish it first. Maybe when I run out of books to read, or am in a desert island with only this one on my backpack.
And btw, what were they thinking when they put that kid in the cover? Huge turn off when you are given such a blatant personification of a character and even more so if it's not accurate or at least cute or better yet ho
Grace Morris
May 19, 2015 Grace Morris rated it it was amazing
I really really love this book, there are so many feelings, you can really imagine living the love, the lust, the jealousy, the heartache; Tristan is so loving that you can pretty easily fall in love with him despite his jealousy and possessiveness, this book really made me start believing in soulmates, and i must admit this is the first book that made me cry because of the real love an d hurt this book made yo feel, it's amazing my favorite book ever!!.
Liliyanne
Aug 06, 2010 Liliyanne rated it it was amazing
This book makes my heart beat every time I see the cover or reminisce on the feelings this book gives me. If you want a beautiful love story this book is a must I love it so much just thinking about makes me wish I had it with me at this moment. Even Tristan the British Bad Boy (im moving to england now!) is so sweet and haaa:) I loved it did a already say that. All I have to say is read the spectacular book!
ToddAn
Aug 25, 2013 ToddAn rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
The first few pages were amazing and I couldn't wait to read more. After that...I just don't know what happened! I grew so tired of the flowery prose...womanly flower...moist flower...hot essence...it was a little much for me. Then all of the crying and severe mood swings...in addition to the boring continuation with complete disregard to plot...I just got tired of it at 50%.
Harim (The Reader Blog)
Uhh.. I feel betrayed? It was going so good and then..

When it started, I had great hopes.. Felt like it was going be one of THOSE books, ya know?
It was going good like an absolute five star for me but then along the way some stuff happened that just made me wanna go "AREYOUSHITTINGME?!!?"
I seriously DETEST it when authors ruin perfect books...with their experiments!
Claudette
May 14, 2012 Claudette rated it it was amazing
I wish Tristin was real, this was by far one of my top 20 fav reads. The author wrote a wonderful book, and Bridget and Tristen are just this couple that............there are no words, hoever i nearly had a heart attack at the end.
Sadrina
Dec 23, 2013 Sadrina added it
Shelves: young-adult
I could have sworn I've read this book sometime ago, but then I'm not so sure myself. I'll get back to this in the future, just in case.
Sep 27, 2012 Laura rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-reading
So I started reading this book in 2010 all I can say is I give up..lol is there a Date I gave up reading this book?
  • Finding Cassilia
  • Legacy of the Moon: The Story of Cleopatra Selene
  • The Closet (Summerset Tales #1)
  • Where the Rain is Made
  • A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality
  • Shade's Loss
  • Tats
  • Forever & Always (Always & Forever, #2)
  • Montfort: The Early Years -  1229 to 1243 (Monfort, #1)
  • Split River
  • Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow (Jacob Wonderbar, #1)
  • A Restless Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #1)
  • Unnatural Selection (Unnatural Selection #1)
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • The Destruction of Dresden
  • Murder Most Gay (Murder Most Gay, #1)
  • A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)
  • Josey Wales: Two Westerns
April Bostic is a New Jersey-based, Adult Romance author who enjoys unleashing her creativity and letting her imagination run wild. Her love of romance books inspired her to become not just a reader, but also a writer. In December 2008, she self-published her first novel, a contemporary romance with a supernatural twist entitled "A Rose to the Fallen".

Her first short story, "Right Here, Right Now"
More about April Bostic...