Start by marking “The Christmas Spirit” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Spirit

The Christmas Spirit

HER MAGIC MEANT NOTHING IF SHE COULDNT HAVE HIM!
Lovely, mischievous Trudy was an elf who forever sought adventure, but this time her playful tricks had gone awry. As a wager, she had taken on human form, becoming a green eyed beauty Sir Matthew Dunstone couldn't resist. Luring him willingly into her world of magic and mist was the game at hand, but now the trick had lost a
Mass Market Paperback, 216 pages
Published September 30th 1996 by Fawcett

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Spirit

BookLuva28
Jan 22, 2015 BookLuva28 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
An enchanting and delightful novella

This was a lighthearted welcome from the last Christmas story I had read previously (that was filled with carnage and plenty of action.) There were firsts for me in that I have never delved into a regency era romance, let alone one that featured elves, giving it that childlike fun and mystical qaulity. Because I enjoyed it as much, I took my time with it due to its short length, savoring it like a delicious treat.
The characters were great! I actually pictu
Caz

I chose this as my final book for the 2014 TBR Multi-Blog challenge, which was to read a holiday story. There was the option to choose a different holiday, but hey – it’s December so I went with the obvious.

Originally published in 1996, Patricia Wynn’s The Christmas Spirit is the whimsical tale of an elf who falls in love with a human. I always like a bit of whimsy at this time of the year, and this has that quality in spades, while also being romantic and sweetly sensual.

Sir Matthew D
Carol Storm
May 25, 2011 Carol Storm rated it it was amazing
Adorable elves, Christmas magic, Regency romance -- it's pure pleasure from start to finish!

I'm not a very religious person, and I don't usually seek out Christmas romance, unless it's one of Mary Balogh's Christmas Regencies, such as THE CHRISTMAS BRIDE or NO ROOM AT THE INN, which are a great genre unto themselves. But this story, THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT by Patricia Wynn, is truly unique.

The heroine is an elf with a Pinocchio complex -- Trudy a shy dreamer who's always wanted to enjoy the emotio
Sweet
Jul 31, 2012 Sweet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency
I don't usually do holiday books or fairy books, but this book was mislabeled in my library's e-book collection, and I ended up with The Christmas Spirit instead of the Patricia Wynn book I actually wanted. I started reading it without realizing it was the wrong title, and was captivated! This book is adorable; I was able to suspend disbelief completely and believe in the pixie heroine, Faye, and the rest of her funny pixie family. And I loved the tortured hero, Matthew, who was so kind and enga ...more
Laura Thomas
Aug 11, 2016 Laura Thomas rated it it was ok
An okay read,different in the Hero of the story had faults and so did the heroine. Guess elves ,father xmas spirit,regency era didn't meld very well for me .
Patchworkpenguin
Patchworkpenguin rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Laura Shelton
Laura Shelton rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Virginia
Virginia rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2009
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Cheryl Breza
Cheryl Breza rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
S
S rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2011
Sandy
Sandy added it
Feb 03, 2011
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2012
Jayne
Jayne marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2011
Deirdre
Deirdre marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Olga
Olga added it
Jul 03, 2013
KU2
KU2 added it
Feb 10, 2015
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Mrs Pauline
Mrs Pauline marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Angelc
Angelc marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
TaniLu
TaniLu marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Georgeanne
Georgeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Kim M. Sansaver
Kim M. Sansaver is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2015
Kaiasaurus
Kaiasaurus marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Sarah Schoggin
Sarah Schoggin marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
hIpnoticraQs
hIpnoticraQs marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2016
loisa
loisa added it
Jan 10, 2017
Wynn was born in Houston, Texas, and earned a history degree from Rice University in 1972. She later attended the American Graduate School of International Management in Glendale, Arizona, for her Masters, and gave up a respectable career in international banking to make an abortive attempt at entering veterinary school. Deciding to stay at home and take care of her children instead, she has dedic ...more
More about Patricia Wynn...