Start by marking “Type Talk at Work” as Want to Read:
Type Talk at Work

Type Talk at Work

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In Type Talk, two renowned psychological consultants offered the first layman's version of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). Here, they take Typewatching to the workplace and reveal how managers, executives, and workers can use the technique to better handle both personal and personnel matters.
Published June 1st 1993 by Delta (first published December 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Type Talk at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Type Talk at Work

Krissy
This is overall a decent introduction to some of the preferences and their implications in the workplace rather than the types themselves (that seems to be much more of an afterthought in this one which is okay). I was pleased with the adamant assertion that there are no "good" or "bad" preferences, I liked the "right handed vs left handed" analogy they used because I think it works on many levels, and I liked that they went over some of the socialized gender differences within the preferences. ...more
Rob
This book was highly recommended to me by a senior manager who was a huge fan of Myers Briggs, in particular to be successful in business. He himself was a very successful salesman (so by extension is good with people in a certain kind of way), so I figured it would be worthwhile to check it out.

I found the book intellectually interesting, but not actionable. Going through it I actually went around to colleagues to ask them for their MB types (I believe I was ENTJ). I wrote those types down. I r
Kim
Required reading for a class. Didn't read the entire book, but got a bit of good info. Had enough of it when it essentially said that my Perceiving personality would never be as great as I aspire because Judgers rule. And to essentially get used to it.
Carlos
Solid information that helped me better understand people. It's a good guide for my toolbox.
Sepi
My go to book when humans confuse me.
Lisa
This was amazingly insightful into different personality types. I found the description of "me" as an ISTJ to be 90% accurate and my workgroup peers seemed to feel their type also accurately described them. The best part is learning how to better interact with other personality types. Too bad this isn't required reading when we are younger so we can apply the lessons before we've butted heads, burned bridges, and irritated others...repeatedly.
Dave Wheatley
If you're a fan of the MBTI (Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator) and want to know how those types manifest in the modern workplace, give this book a try. The back part of the book is organized like a reference, so you can just look up certain types at yoru leisure. I use this in my job a Human Resources professional and usually have the managers and supervisors I work with read it.
Zacaro Caro
I love myers Briggs, and this book is good for understanding work types, i found myself disagreeing with many if the gender roles and found them to be distracting. This is my only complaint. Otherwise a very good book!
Catharine
Very useful for getting to know yourself better and
understanding your role at work and the why of your
work relationships.
Maya Angelou
Virginia
Aug 31, 2007 Virginia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: just plain curious
What can I say? I'm a career counselor. It's an interesting book. Enough said. Ask to borrow it from me. It's sitting on my shelves at home.
Lori
Incorporating the Myers-Briggs test, I'm sure this book will be a fascinating read for my managerial communications class.
Christine
I attended a class for the Myer Briggs Personality and received this book. I am hoping to start reading it over the weekend.
mlady_rebecca
Aug 19, 2008 mlady_rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with the desire to understand other people better
A variation of "Type Talk" focused on the workplace. I prefer the original "Type Talk", but this did have a few added insights.
Lindsay Hicks
Very helpful if you are comfortable with MBTI and want to dig in deeper to understand how to better relate to your coworkers.
Janelle
Great resource book to increase your knowledge of yourself and others by learning about Myers-Briggs personality types!
Elizabeth
I learned so much about myself, how I think, what sets me apart from others and how I can understand others better!
Maria
Great insights on how different personality preferences work together and react to certain stimuli. Very helpful read.
Beneth
Jul 21, 2007 Beneth rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone familar w/ Meyer Briggs
pretty helpful in applying Meyer Briggs analysis to work situations. I would like to check out the updated version.
Starfire
Honestly, I got bored and gave up fairly early in the piece with this one - it just didn't feel relevant
John
Good book on the MBTI method
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Shanita Taylor
Shanita Taylor is currently reading it
May 14, 2015
Kacey
Kacey marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
  • Nurture by Nature: How to Raise Happy, Healthy, Responsible Children Through the Insights of Personality Type
  • Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type
  • Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence
  • MotherStyles: Using Personality Type to Discover Your Parenting Strengths
  • I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the Sixteen Personality Types
  • Was That Really Me? How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality
  • Handbook of Clinical Psychopharmacology for Therapists
  • Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research
  • Educational Research: An Introduction
  • Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory
  • Who Are You?: 101 Ways of Seeing Yourself
  • Practical Research: Planning and Design
  • That's Not What I Meant!
  • The Introverted Leader: Building on Your Quiet Strength
  • Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods)
  • Pursuing God's Will Together: A Discernment Practice for Leadership Groups
  • What Type Am I?: The Myers-Brigg Type Indication Made Easy
  • Abnormal Psychology
Otto Kroeger having become an internationally known organizational consultant, with his primary area of expertise being the implementation of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment, has now retired. As a renowned speaker, trainer and best selling author on the subject of psychological type he was in high demand for over three decades for his talent in bringing type theory to diverse per ...more
More about Otto Kroeger...
Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work Creative You: Using Your Personality Type to Thrive 16 Ways to Love Your Lover The Workplace Profiles Excerpted from Type Talk at Work The Typewatching Profiles: Excerpted from Type Talk

“As we've said many times before, Introverts get ulcers; Extroverts give ulcers.” 7 likes