Start by marking “Secret Garden, Little Princess, Little Lord Fauntleroy: Three Complete Novels” as Want to Read:
Secret Garden, Little Princess, Little Lord Fauntleroy: Three Complete Novels

Secret Garden, Little Princess, Little Lord Fauntleroy: Three Complete Novels

Presenting three endearing favorites in classic children's literature, a Burnett anthology follows the stories of the contrary and curious Mary, the wise and brave Sarah, and the lovable young Lord Fauntleroy.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 1st 2012)

Carol Arnold
Sep 14, 2015 Carol Arnold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes. I know these are Children's books. Yes. I know I am nearly 62 years old! And YES! I thoroughly enjoyed these books! I had never read any of them before but had seen the movies of the Little Princess and The Secret Garden. Actually when I was reading the Little Princess, I could almost hear Shirley Temple saying some of the lines! The ending of the Little Princess was not at all like the ending to the movie. No surprise there! Both books were, of course, better than the movies. I have heard ...more
Julia
Nov 15, 2009 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-group
I read Little Lord Fauntleory, and it was perfect! It captures the beauty of childhood and the innocence of children. I loved the wording, the character, and how it inspired me to become a better mother.

My sister just finished reading Secret Garden to her 5-year-old today. They read for 3 hours straight! They loved it, and I look forward to reading all of these books aloud to my children.
Haya Najma
Jun 08, 2011 Haya Najma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cerita tentang Mary, anak dari India yang ditinggal mati orangtuanya. Mukanya murung dan anaknya jelek. Ia dibawa ke London, ke rumah pamannya yang sudah ditinggal mati istrinya. Pamannya bungkuk, istrinya meninggal karena jatuh dari dahan pohon di taman kesukaannya, sejak saat itu taman itu dikunci dan kuncinya dikubur. Sudah 10 tahun berlalu.

Mary yang tinggal berkecukupan di sana, tapi kesepian, berjalan2 di sekeliling taman. Sampai berkenalan dengan tukang kebun bernama Ben, dan burung berdad
Sarah Livingston
This book was written by Frances Hodgson Burnett. The purpose for him to write this is for little kids to waant to seek adventure, and have fun outdoors. The lesson i learned by reading this book is to go outside, have fun and meet new friends.
The styles of the book are monologue and dialogue. The author put in a lot of descriptions and a lot of talking to one another. There is also a lot of narration in this book where the narrator tells you exactly what is happening. Then the dialogue comes
Yvonne
Feb 18, 2008 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved The Little Princess and The Secret Garden when I was a young girl. I never read Little Lord Fauntleroy until I was an adult, but I enjoyed that book as well.

I liked reading about Sarah Crewe's remarkably mature attitude as she went from riches to rags and back again. She never mistreated others when she was rich, but she also didn't have as much of an opportunity to show true compassion for others until her riches were taken away. Then you see her true grit and watch as her character de
Laurel
Feb 13, 2016 Laurel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books, owned
I almost can't list my favourite books from when I was little, but this collection of three stories would be among them. I've always loved A Little Princess the best, but the other two are not far behind.
I said it before in my Secret Garden review, but they are all three of them charming and pretty, and have (if you care about that sort of thing) a good moral embedded in them.
Shauna
Jan 30, 2010 Shauna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All delightful and moving. A Little Princess will always be my favorite that Burnett has written. I read this last year with my girls and by the time we were finished it had captured the whole family. We all were brought to tears and one point..(including Kameron). :) Sarah Crewe became a hero in our home and someone to discuss emulating.
Sidney Weber
Oct 04, 2014 Sidney Weber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern fairy tales

Having already read Fauntleroy, this comment applies only to The Hidden Garden and The Little Princess. These stories are essentially modern fairy tales: short and sweet and pleasant to read, but artificial characters and scenes.
Jenna
Aug 17, 2009 Jenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I have the book, But I really only read Little Princess so ya. I probably will read the whole thing just not now.
Brittany
Sep 12, 2008 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is three books in one all three are great books
Erin
Mar 20, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret Garden and Little Princess were my two favorite books as a kid. Wonderful reads!
Ariestya Indah
bahwa dalam hidup jangan sampai menyerah, jangan berputus asa. Roda kehidupan berputar wajar, maka tak perlu menghiasi hidup dengan kesombongan. Suka buku-bukunya Mr. Burnett yg luar biasa.
Rome Beauty(merin)
i like the book soo much it iz gud
Ian
Feb 09, 2015 Ian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Secret Garden. The book is very interesting, and It is very simple. for me, this book is worth buying and it will never waste your time if you read it. any way, a pretty great book.
Mary Beth
Feb 15, 2010 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
My 'stuck on a desert island' book.
Izzy
Mar 06, 2009 Izzy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ive read them all. and they rock.
E. D. Baker
I've never read Little Lord Fauntleroy,but I love the other two stories.
Kari Garrett
Sep 15, 2011 Kari Garrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We read all three of these stories as a family. We loved all of them!
Nancy
Jan 02, 2011 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am re-reading this with Kendall.
Yeramati Jaya Surya
Yeramati Jaya Surya rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Jungindailylife
Jungindailylife rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2017
Larry Asplund
Larry Asplund rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Helene
Helene rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Theblueduck
Theblueduck rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Jacob
Jacob rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2013
Lynne Flake
Lynne Flake rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2008
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2010
  • Greek Drama
  • Three Plays: An Enemy of the People / The Wild Duck / Rosmersholm
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Play in One Scene
  • Ten Great Works of Philosophy
  • Candide and Zadig
  • Wolf Story
  • The Golden Age
  • Rebecca: An American Girl (Rebecca #1-6)
  • The Romance of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table
  • A Collection of Stories
  • Shining at the Bottom of the Sea
  • Love and Living
  • Alive Together
  • No Wonder My Parents Drank: Tales from a Stand-Up Dad
  • Danny Dunn and the Homework Machine (Danny Dunn, #3)
  • It's A Dog's Life, Snoopy
  • The Year of Decision 1846
  • Mississippi Writings
2041
Frances Eliza Hodgson was the daughter of ironmonger Edwin Hodgson, who died three years after her birth, and his wife Eliza Boond. She was educated at The Select Seminary for Young Ladies and Gentleman until the age of fifteen, at which point the family ironmongery, then being run by her mother, failed, and the family emigrated to Knoxville, Tennessee. Here Hodgson began to write, in order to sup ...more
More about Frances Hodgson Burnett...