Start by marking “The Edge Of Midnight” as Want to Read:
The Edge Of Midnight

The Edge Of Midnight

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  557 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews

Blackboard bestselling author Beverly Jenkins launches her first contemporary romantic suspense with this exciting sizzler. Sparks fly when Mykal Chandler, the head of a covert government agency, fights to protect the woman he has fallen in love with.

Sarita Grayson is desperate. That's the only explanation for her late night rendezvous with a bag of stolen diamonds. But th

Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 13th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Edge Of Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge Of Midnight

KBeautiful1
Sep 20, 2015 KBeautiful1 rated it it was amazing
I really hate when my reading is interrupted, especially when in the middle of an incredible story.

Sarita Grayson is a fighter for the underprivileged, under-served and the forgotten. She runs a center that is barely hanging on and now with an eviction notice if $17,000 isn't paid the center is bound to close. Sarita is desperate to keep the center open, it is a safe haven for the children and a place for the seniors plus they also serve meals to the shut in. But desperate times calls for desper
Tiffany Parker
Aug 21, 2010 Tiffany Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saint and Narice couldn't be more different or better made for each other. Saint is my kind of man, dark and mysterious but will kick ass for the woman he loves.
Rbeey
Oct 20, 2010 Rbeey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whummmp! Ms. Jenkins WORK Is Fantastic..A true Romantics' idea of fun..liking to Love and romance..enjoying your Lover playing on a beach In the sun..What a Jewel..for you're a Peach..for you teach Ms. Jenkins..Historical..sweet love combine..ooh what joy and appreciatively cherished MOST ..Devine..Time after Time!

Ms. Jenkins' does an outstanding JOB on.."THE EDGE OF MIDNIGHT!"
The spice, the power pack magic..was NICE,and Is earth shattering.. enthrallment incinerated Into..Fire tiny titbits..
Shawnette
Mrs. Jenkins has yet to disappoint! I have read many of her novels and she continues to WOW and ENTERTAIN me. I was TOTALLY caught up in the storyline from page one. She kept me enraptured with ALL the mystery and intrigue. And the SEXY excitement of the budding romance between Mykal Chandler and Sarita Grayson is simply AMAZING. I love the way she incorporated her historical characters within this contemporary treat by making them descendants of the main characters. I DEFINITELY look forward to ...more
Michele Wesley
May 02, 2015 Michele Wesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The strengh of this female lead was amazing and the story kept me engaged until the end. Love it!
Urica
Sep 06, 2007 Urica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Shelves: romance
Great change of pace for Beverly from historical romance to contemporary romance with mystery/suspense. Loved it.
Dei Cowen
Jan 17, 2015 Dei Cowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not want it to end! Just like his Great (Galen Vachon) Mykal Chandler is an extravagant romantic, Ohhh I just love the both of them! Sarita was a sista of my own heart a true diamond inthe rough and Lawd I hope that there's more from the supporting characters from the story. I stepped out and decided to let my fear go of the historical characters dying off in my head, with the encouragement of fellow lovers of Ms.Jenkin's work and I'm soo glad that I did! My crazy brain I know! She is trul ...more
Joyce Hudson
Jan 16, 2016 Joyce Hudson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beverly-jenkins
I had this book about 11 years and decided to read it. I enjoyed it tremendously.
Loved the chemistry between Mykal and Sarita. The three half brothers, the oldest Myk CEO and artitect, Drake Orthopedic Surgery and mayor, Saint foster brother to Sarita not sure exactly what Saint is into.
Mykal is related to Galen Vachon, loved the dragons imprints. Don't recall the name of Nate Grayson being mentioned wondering if Sarita is related to Nate.
All are into saving Michigan from drugs and gun and ke
Lola
Nov 26, 2007 Lola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance_suspence
**SPOILER FREE REVIEW**

What a wonderful read. I have never read a book by Beverly Jenkins, but if all her books are as well written and natural as this i'll read them all. This is my second attempt to read this book, but for the life of me i can not remember why i gave up on it the first time. There was not a boring place at the begining. Oh well, perhaps thats why i was inclined to pick it up again.

I loved how serious and dark the story was at the beginning; but as the characters got to know e
Lorna Guice
Nov 14, 2014 Lorna Guice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read.

loved it. I love a self assured man and even though Myk was arrogant and a jerk. Sarita helps him discover a side of himself he never knew existed.
Dee
Jun 23, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's actually really good. Sarita is quite awesome, she's independent and capable of doing absolutely everything on her own!
Lady K
Oct 08, 2015 Lady K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book about three times. It's mystery, action, and romance all rolled into one. I loved it!
Robin
May 20, 2014 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
solid, contemporary romantic suspense. I prefer her historicals, but this was good
Deena
Nov 13, 2012 Deena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing storyteller!!! I've read all but 3 of her historical romances, and was somewhat hesistant to read her contemporary novels - that is, until I read Rhythms of Love - and loved it!. How could I doubt this woman's skills?

This was a really good story; sexy, suspenseful and funny. Mykal was yet another sexy hero, and Ms. Sarita was as tough and strong-willed as her 'many greats-grandmother'. I really like that she tied these new characters to the characters in her historical novels. Ab
Brenda Hillmon
Oct 23, 2014 Brenda Hillmon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
you must read a three brothers saint,drake and myk
Debra Odom
May 20, 2014 Debra Odom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, Brenda Jenkins has written another excellent romance story.
Bebe20018
Apr 30, 2014 Bebe20018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Me want more. A nice romantic thriller.
Marcia
Jan 12, 2014 Marcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Beverly Jenkins book. I really didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the development of the characters and how the story unfolded. The banter that took place between the main characters was sexy, playful and humorous. I will definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a good mystery/romance.
Carmen
Jun 30, 2013 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly enjoyable read. It offers everything a lady would like to read about, from elements of Robin Hood (with the twist that we shut down crack houses), the Taming of the Shrew, A do gooder in a downtrodden neighborhood, bad guys, a ninja, and of course, a beautiful heroine who meets.. or grows her Prince Charming. I tried to read slowly to savor it, and saved the last 2 chapters an extra day to make it last.
I have a new "favorite" author!
Sophie Sealy
Jan 02, 2014 Sophie Sealy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like a loser since this is my first time reading anything written by Beverly Jenkins. Well I started the new year off right by devouring this book. If my first book of the year is any indication of my year in books this year is looking mighty bright
Cf
Jan 20, 2013 Cf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give it 3.75 because of the honorable mention of Galen and Hester Vachon from Indigo. Which is my favorite book by Ms.Jenkins. I enjoyed this book and can't wait to continue the journey with the brothers.
Carla wynn
Nov 23, 2013 Carla wynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Mykal never thought that the woman who shot him would change his life. Sarita just wanted to save her center and would do almost anything to save it, committing a crime was not too much to ask.
Nikki
Nov 02, 2008 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read. Just as I expect from Beverly Jenkins but I still love her african american historical romances the best.
Christiana
Jul 05, 2015 Christiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beverly-jenkins
Love this book!
A. Jones
Romance, humor, and intrigue...what's not to like. :)
Doris
May 30, 2011 Doris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hey, it's Beverly Jenkins what more do I need to say? LOL
Trudy
Mar 06, 2011 Trudy rated it liked it
Charming! A very relaxing satisfying read!
Renee
Nov 23, 2009 Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My second most favorite book of all time...smile
Scott Benoit
Feb 22, 2015 Scott Benoit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another great book by Ms. B
Karyn Grice
Apr 20, 2011 Karyn Grice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites!
  • Whispered Promises
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Whisper My Name
  • A Time To Keep: Happily Ever After
199260
Beverly Jenkins is an African-American historical romance writer. She and her family live in southeastern Michigan. Born in Detroit, she graduated from Cass Technical High School and attended Michigan State University where she majored in Journalism and English Literature.
Ms. Jenkins has written sixteen books to date and has received numerous awards for her works, including: the Detroit Free Pres
More about Beverly Jenkins...

“Because we can’t tell others about our accomplishments if we don’t know them ourselves.” 4 likes