Start by marking “Mortal Temptations (Mortal #1)” as Want to Read:
Mortal Temptations (Mortal #1)

Mortal Temptations (Mortal #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  706 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Demigods and the women who love them! First in a new paranormal erotic romance series.

Patricia was startled when she found a handsome and wounded man in her antique store-but her interest was truly aroused when she saw his well-muscled back sporting two wings. He was Nico, son of a powerful deity, breaker of hearts, and cursed by the goddess Hera to spend eternity as a sl
Published (first published January 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mortal Temptations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mortal Temptations

Auntee
Jan 02, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal erotic romance with a touch of mythology
I don't quite know where to start with this one. It was so unlike any book I've read, I'm not sure what I really thought of it. I've got to give it a pretty high rating for holding my interest, but parts of it were a little out of my comfort zone. But I'm glad I read it, and I think I may have even learned a little bit about mythology and archaeology, two subjects I don't know much about. Sexually, this book was all over the place: two pretty hot male/female romances, a m/f/m menage scene, and a ...more
Shawna
3 stars – Paranormal Romance/Erotica/Ménage

Mortal Temptations is a paranormal erotic romance with a really cool, unique premise and fascinating characters. A couple of demi-gods who royally pissed off the goddess Hera have been cursed to spend eternity serving as pleasure slaves at the demand of whatever woman is attracted enough to them to get caught up in the web of their spell.

New York antiques dealer and psychic Patricia Lake is surprised when she discovers an unconscious, wounded man in h
Julie (jjmachshev)
Hmmm, how to rate "Mortal Temptations" by Allyson James? I really enjoy her 'Dragon' series, but I must say that this read left me, well...not cold, but not hot either.

Patricia has always been psychic and able to 'read' auras, so she's always up for a little something unusual. However, finding a man with a broken wing in her antique store may be just a bit more than a little unusual. But boy howdy, he sure is hot!

Nico is the son of a god and cursed by Hera to be a slave to female desire (and wh
Veronica~Nhaughty
Sep 13, 2012 Veronica~Nhaughty rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Erotic Book Lovers
Shelves: erotic, paranormal
January 2009
I have found a new fav author...absolutely loved this new series & look forward to more from Allyson James! Be warned...this book is HOT! Has m/m/f scenes & is very erotic. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a steamy paranormal romance!

Sept 2012
I think I fell for Nico all over again...sigh...he's one hawt demigod!!
Rachel
I am rating this based on the good reads scale; 2 stars it was "ok"

In the beginning, the idea of a winged creature dropping in was compelling, but the fact that Patricia accepted it as if it were nothing more unusual than spilled milk was a bit disconcerting.

Curse or not, I did not understand what made Nico feel that Patricia was so different from all of the other women that the curse had ensnared. I also found it hard to believe that Rebecca would just follow the group around so easily as a fav
Barbara ★
OMG. HOT. HOT. HOT. This is the best erotica book I've ever read. Nico, a demi-god/angel, is cursed as a pleasure slave doomed to fall in love and get rejected over and over again. His best friend, Andreas, a demi-god/were-leopard is cursed as well. Patricia is a mere human. She is in love with Nico and has amazing sex with both Nico and Andreas.

A good amount of M/F/M sex scenes very sexy and pretty blatant. I sincerely hope Allyson James writes more books in this vein. Truly wonderful.

☂ ℬrandi
.461 (an usual rating for an unusual book)

Different. That's how I'd describe this book. It's a 295 page amalgamation of the most miscellaneous things. Firstly, there are two captive demigods. Nico, our hero, is half angel, half human, son of Dionysus and a nymph. Andreas is the son of Zeus and a snow leopard who can shift into a human form. Hera is the spiteful goddess who cursed the pair a couple millennia ago for their lustful ways. Bes is a lesser Egyptian God who helps during the mission to
M.A. Stacie
Gah! What do I say about this....?

I love it when a book literally throws you into the middle of the plot... that first line hits you, and you devour the rest. Well, the first hits in this book, but it leaves you feeling as though you missed a hell of a lot of plot and it never makes up for that loss.

Patricia is far too accepting of the angel on her floor. She fixes his wing as though he is mortal and digests his secrets as though they were his shoe size! No amount of "I'm psychic" can write this
LiteraryLover
I would definitely start here by saying this book was more erotica than romance novel. As with a lot of erotica I've read the characters felt a bit flat. Mostly the female leads though, I actually really liked the two main male characters. As a whole though I didn't love it, but I was definitely entertained and would read more in the series. Due warning though, there is a few scenes here involving two men so if that isn't your cup of tea I would reconsider adding this to your tbr.
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
This book is good if you are into the really spicy type of sex. I picked it because it seemed to have a black girl on the front, the guy had what appeared to be wings and it was on my list of books to read. What I got was an incorrect book cover, the guy has wings, however, he is not an angel and WAY more graphic menage than I have ever read. I think that if you are into menage then you will enjoy it. However, I had only read M/F/M menage in the past and it was a novella. The story itself was pr ...more
Debi Samuels
Sep 26, 2014 Debi Samuels rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Debi by: VA
WOW. Just WOW!

This book sizzles off the page. Who wouldn't be entranced by the hottest fallen angel with skills like that. Though I find it hard to believe she's as immune to his curse and the author would like you to believe it definitely makes for a good story. Her scenes are tasteful yet dramatic but lack somewhat in their description; I understand there's only so many descriptions for the same body parts but it would be nice if maybe there was a change up in the schedule for each one as you
Cindy
Good read [with requisite hot guys:] but lacked the depth of setting [San Francisco's Chinatown:] you find in her dragon books. Dragon Heat, Black Dragon, and The Dragon Master were all quite wonderful [FYI AJ is a pen name for Jennifer Ashley.:]

Mortal Temptations
Mortal Seductions

Her Dragon series
Dragon Heat (2007)
The Black Dragon (2007)
The Dragon Master (2008)
Ani Greenwood
Wow - I picked this book up in my local public library over the winter, on a romance binge. It popped me right over the top, I have to tell you. Well-written , the pace and character vital - but man, the edges of erotica. As a bi-female, I never really thought about the masculine elements of my sexuality, and the possibility of real pleasure with men. But I decided that my turned on vibe was telling me something real, and my husband is thrilled about it. Went to my doctor for estrogen, and now w ...more
Sonia
Weak storyline but 5 stars for hotness..
Krissys
Okay... First off, I owe Allyson a REALLY big apology because she sent me this book a long time ago but I moved and things in my life got crazy so I had to track down the books she sent me so I could post the reviews since she sent them to me in exchange for a review, so Allyson I am REALLY sorry and I will get the other reviews up for Mortal Seductions and Wedding Favors up soon!

Mortal Temptations is the first book in the Mortal series.
Okay so, holy crap. If I could sum Mortal Temptations in
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
The story involves two demi-gods from the Greek pantheon, one a “winged man” - Nico, the other a shifter - Andreas. They have spent millennia trapped in a wicked curse placed on them by Hera. The premise of the curse: when a women is attracted to one or the other, a bond forms and the gods must become the female’s sexual slave. The women will use the men up while the men fall in love with the females. Once the woman is tired of the gods, the curse will cause her to leave the male and forget him, ...more
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
There was nothing "tempting" about this story. And the only thing "mortal" about it was it showing the truth about how sick & utterly twisted some mortals can be. Mainly the one who wrote this. Nothing interesting about it except maybe ( that's a small maybe) the brief references and limited info concerning the greek myths, gods, goddesses, etc.. This story was all over the place. Allyson had no clue where she wanted, needed, or should have gone with this book.

Love scenes- nothing erotic or
Diane
I was disappointed in this book. It looked to be pretty interesting based on the blurb on the back cover, but I thought the book was mostly about the sex between the main characters and the plot suffered for it. I thought delays in the plot were used solely for the purpose of having Nico and Patricia, Andreas and Rebecca, Patricia, Nico and Andreas and Nico and Andreas have sex with each other in various combinations.
I also didn't feel much sexual chemistry between Nico and Patricia and even
E.
3 1/2 stars. Psychic antique dealer Patricia Lake discovers a being with a broken wing unconscious in her store one night and her life is never the same. Nico Stanopoulos is a demigod and, along with his partner Andreas (who can morph into a snow-leopard), has been cursed by the goddess Hera to be sex slaves to women who ultimately cause them pain. Their search for a way to break the curse leads them to Patricia and she joins them in their quest even as Nico discovers that his attraction to her ...more
Crazy4more

...and let me explain my high review bc some of my friends will say WHAT??? Fair WARNING-this is an erotic PNR, thus language, plot, characterization, depth, m/f/m, m/m/m, etc...nuff said...

I enjoyed this book bc it's the perfect book for my treadmill, ie, fun-sweet-romantic-light in plot + hot-erotic-sexiness. Only Allyson James can put 3 male demigods in one bed and called it a comforting-act...and I believed it too, lol. Told you it was a fun read.

Naughty demigods, Nico & Andre
Nickcole
Stars: 5

Overall: This is what paranormal romances are all about. This books takes you on a wild adventure, while also giving you a lot of fun steamy "romantic" sex. I think my face stayed tomato red throughout the whole book because of all the erotic love scenes. Ms. James's way of writing had me wishing that i was Patricia or Rebecca or what matter, I'm not picky. I do have a few complaints about the book. 1. I wish that Andreas and Rebecca had more book time. I felt that their story was a fun
Hbeebti
I think I finally figured it out. This author's style of writing and I don't get along. I liked this book. But was left disappointed again. Third series that this has happened. Man I was hoping that even though the reviews weren't great that I would like it anyway. That happens for me sometimes. Yeah not so much here. It has major potential and then it just became annoying. The characters by midway through started getting on my nerves.

I mean the deal with Nico and Andreas and later even Demetri
oyadancing
The author's historical romances are so well constructed, this is all over the place, not just geographically but logically. It's like someone wanted to cram everything that seems fun or interesting on its own into one plot: Guys with wings, shifters, girly shopping, antiques, cats, London, Egypt, oases, several pantheons of gods, plus threesomes! Much too much everything.
Lizzie
I really tried to like this book but with the random sex scenes and disjointed plot, I had a hard time following. I just gave up trying. Its sad when even the sex scenes seemed to much of a chore it figure out. I do like Allyson's other books. I am not giving up on her, just this story.
Morgan
Checked this out from the library when my librarian friend pointed out that it was even more erotica than a book that the head of the libraries in our country refused to add to circulation. This book (and the sequel) she ordered and added to circulation on her own.

I had to check it out. (And yes, I also read the book she refused to add to circulation which was
Ivana
It felt like there were two authors who wrote the book and the second half sucked. Good premise. Sexy scenes were tame and cool feeling.
My problem is that I have to finish every book I read and this one I should have put down.
I will not continue with this author.
Felicia (Ferishia)
If you are looking for something hot and spicy to read this is it. But if you need plot with your smex, ha ha...this is not the book for you. This book is about 2 demigods, one angelic with wings, Nico, and one leopard shapeshifter, Andreas. They were cursed by the Goddess Hera to fall in love with what ever woman they met, crave sex with them, then feel the pain when the curse makes the woman leave them. Enter Patricia and Rebecca, determined to show them that they cannot be controlled by the c ...more
Sharon
After reading more recent works by the author, I thought I would try some of her earlier works.
Hera a goddess after being bedded and discarded, puts a curse on two demi-gods, where they fall in love and have hearts broken & are discarded themselves over and over again. They are also under a compulsion to see to the ladies in question every fantasy else they suffer excruciating pain. This has been going on for hundreds of years & they are battling to find ancient artifacts that will hopef
Eileen
NASTY NASTY....I don't know what I was thinking. I guess when my friend said, "You HAVE to read this" I thought, "why not...i've read some paranormal romance before. How bad could it really be?"

It was terrible. I am scarred for life. I didn't think it was going to be that raunchy and that is why I think i hated this book. I didn't prepare/anticipate...animal....human...guy on guy.....uh yeah enough said.

Definitely not my cup of tea, but more power to you if you are.
  • Wedding Favors (Mortal, #3)
  • Dark Elves: Taken (Dark Elves #1 & #2)
  • Skin on Skin
  • Kiss and Tell (Bloodmates, #1)
  • Undercover (Federation Chronicles, #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • A Mermaid's Kiss (Daughters of Arianne, #1)
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • Lord of the Deep
  • On The Prowl
  • The Chosen Sin
  • Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2)
  • Blood Deep (Blood, #3)
  • Roane (Circe's Recruits, #1)
  • Mercenaries
  • Animal Attraction (Neuri Chronicles, #1)
Allyson James writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and erotic romance (paranormal and futuristic). She is a nationally bestselling author, a multiple RITA nominee, an RT Award winner, and a Prism winner. She also writes romance (paranormal and historical) as Jennifer Ashley. See Allyson's website for current and upcoming books. See also Allyson's GoodReads bookshelves for all books under all ...more
More about Allyson James...

Mortal (3 books)
  • Mortal Seductions (Mortal, #2)
  • Wedding Favors (Mortal, #3)
Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2) Dragon Heat (Dragon, #1) Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3) Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)

“Demitri sent for a tray of hot, fresh coffee with four cups. the waiter who brought it tried to look into the room to see what they were doing but Demitri grabbed the tray and slammed the door.

"He probably thinks we're having an orgy," Demitri said as he set down the tray.

"An orgy with coffee?" Andreas asked.

"He has a vivid imagination.”
3 likes
“Archaeology profs aren't supernatural minions of a vengeful goddess," Patricia pointed out.

"Want to bet?”