Start by marking “The Library Ghost” as Want to Read:
The Library Ghost

The Library Ghost

At night, a ghost visits the library to find the answer to a riddle.
Published September 1st 2008 by Upstart Books (first published January 31st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Library Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Library Ghost

Alice
Aug 27, 2012 Alice rated it it was ok
This book was okay. As a librarian also I want an explanation on why I leave the place tidy and when I get there in the morning it is a mess. I want it to be ghost but in my case I think they are called "two year old's"

This story is about how the books get a messed up at night...of course it was the book ghost, the old dead and gone librarian whose portrait was on the wall...from the afterlife she still seeking answers in books...until the 'alive' librarian helps her and also introduces her to
Amy
Jun 20, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
Published in 2008, this is about about Ms. Mimms the librarian can't figure out why each night the library is ransacked. She figures out there is a library ghost going through all the books asking questions of all the characters. She finally figures out that it is the old reference librarian's ghost and she plans to stay!
Themes are ghost stories and other fairy tales. This is a great read aloud easy going ghost story! Teachers can have the students identify all of the characters mentioned in the
Matthew
Aug 10, 2015 Matthew rated it really liked it
Written in verse, this is the story of a librarian that has reached her wit's end with a night time intruder that is messing up her shelves. So, she takes matters into her own hands only to discover that the ghost of the former reference librarian is unable to find the information she needed to answer a riddle for a patron and that happily she is able to help that librarian find her solution. A very pleasant ghost story, one that I'm sure people will enjoy.
Tara
Mar 23, 2009 Tara rated it liked it
This lyric story invokes all the wonder and magic of a library at night. Told in a wonderful rhyming rhythmic tone, this is a shoe-in for story-time! The library is a mess each morning and a librarian decides to stay over night to see what is causing such mayhem and discovers that the library has a ghost. The Library Ghost is an old librarian who is obsessed with answering questions! With the current librarian helping her, she finds a place helping out with story-time!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
The story was a tad disappointing, though I loved the illustrations. I do enjoy the idea of a librarian ghost haunting the library, trying to answer that last unanswered reference question. Librarians would do that. What I didn't like was the way Ms. Mims, the current librarian, answered the question--via the internet. I'm not certain a riddle can be answered that way. An entertaining tale but not satisfying.
Leah
Mar 19, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
Scary, but cute book about a librarian ghost. Great illustrations. Defianitly makes me wonder what happens in libraries when nobody is there!
Beth
May 26, 2016 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Sprightly rhymes tell the story of a haunting librarian with lots of excuses to namecheck literary figures.
Peacegal
Sep 20, 2012 Peacegal rated it liked it
Story about a ghostly reference librarian who haunts her former workplace. When I die, I sure hope I'm not stuck in this place!
Tara Mensing
Feb 13, 2013 Tara Mensing rated it really liked it
This book stimulates children's imagination, as a ghost ransacks the fairy tales in the library. The illustrations are unique.
Emily Rosbottom
Very, very cute story about a ghost librarian. Loved the pictures! However, I recommend knowing the students in your class before reading this to them. It would have scared me to DEATH.
Hannah
Feb 03, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
The rhyme is a bit halting in places so you definitely have to read with the correct cadence but the story was fun and a good read-a-loud for young ones.
Sydney McClure
Kids will like this because it is about a ghost, and it is funny what the ghost does. Also, would be good to teach inferring and about messy libraries.
Angie
Apr 26, 2010 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture
The kids will like it just because there's a ghost. I did like the illustrations. The story (about a librarian who couldn't "let go" of her job) just didn't do anything for me.
Kirstin Kemppainen
Allows children to wonder what happens in their library after everyone leaves... A very fun book to inspire children's imagination.
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Judi Ferrari
Judi Ferrari rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Meriwether
Meriwether rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2009
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Nandini Dhar
Nandini Dhar rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Anne Marie
Anne Marie rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Amy Goldstein
Amy Goldstein rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Carole Boston Weatherford is a children's book author and poet who "mines the past for family stories, fading traditions, and forgotten struggles." A number of Weatherford's books tell the stories of African-American historical figures such as Harriet Tubman, Jesse Owens, and Billie Holiday. Other books recount historical events such as the Greensboro Sit-ins and the bombing of the Sixteenth ...more
More about Carole Boston Weatherford...