The Second Betrayal (Lexi Steele, #2)

The Second Betrayal (Lexi Steele #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  23 reviews
As an undercover agent for the NSA’s Recovery Enforcement Division, Alexi Steele is no stranger to the ways and means of the country’s most notorious sex criminals. Still, she’s never seen anything quite like this. Girls from across the globe are being recruited for a modeling competition in New York City, only to end up as enslaved prostitutes. Now it’s up to Lexi and her...more
Published August 4th 2009 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published June 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Second Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Betrayal

Kathleen
********************FANTASTIC*******************************************
I have been waiting for this book from the minute I put down the first book in this series and it was worth the wait. For all you people who read The First Sin and loved it, this one was every bit as good, if not better. The Second Betrayal had me hooked from beginning to end. It was full of Action, Romance and eroticism. I was so into the book that it played like a movie in my head and had me thinking that these were real p...more
Tracey West
Jul 06, 2009 Tracey West rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: suspense and romance readers, Cheyenne McCray fans
Shelves: cheyenne-mccray
Lexi & Nick are back! Fighting, bickering, laughing, defending, loving and taking no prisoners in THE SECOND BETRAYAL. Each character fights their demons, strong and hard, but even more agressively with each other by their side. McCray takes us on another powerful and dangerous journey of human trafficking. Lexi goes undercover as never before, fights for those innocents that are helpless at the hands of evil and does it in her kick-a$$, with a vengeance way. The writing is once again superb...more
Glenda
This was the 2nd book in the series and I'm hoping a 3rd will be coming along!! Love Lexi Steele and her whole kick ass attitude (and of course Donovan is pretty nice too!!) and the human trafficking storyline was gripping!! I found it hard to put this book down!
Cindi
After reading several McCray novellas in anthologies recently that failed to get me excited, I am grateful to have had a full-length novel to read by this author. The book provides adequate time for Ms. McCray to create her fast-moving world with 007-ish action from her RED (Recovery Enforcement Division) operatives fronted by the wild woman herself, Lexi Steele.

Lexi is almost cartoonish in her "wham-bam" fighting techniques but is true romance-novel heroine in her fear of a real relationship. I...more
Kathy Davie
Second in the Lexi Steele, erotic romance suspense series revolving around Special Agents Lexi Steele and Nick Donovan.

My Take
All the fairy tale code names are pretty funny...and surprisingly appropriate. It's a good story and does address a very real problem in the real world.

Hmmm, this time around, RED has set Lexi and Chandra up in an undercover apartment. We learn a bit more about Donovan's family and military background. Jeez. But I don't know why Lexi has to be so damned pushy about insist...more
Losa K
Jun 04, 2010 Losa K rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Recommended to Losa by: Myself
All I can say is WOW! This is only my second Cheyenne McCray book Ive read & from the beginning to the end, it is AMAZING! Ive now become a HUGE fan of McCray & can't wait to read more of her books! Filled with suspense, action & sexy characters - (you will fall in love with fierce & determined Lexi, & strong & badass Nick!) it centres around a dark & compelling story, guaranteed to open your eyes & mind, into a seedy underworld in which we know little about... Sa...more
Kameron
In this installment, Lexi and Donovan are still on the hunt for Hagstedt, the head honcho. I won't spill if they ride the world of him or if he evades capture. What I will say is, this story is action packed and violent. But like the last story, one major woman fights back. Dasha was horribly abused but in the end, she becomes the hero. How? Read the story and you'll discover the answer.

Trust me, you won't be able to put this story down once you get started on it.

Luckily for us, we don't have...more
Keri
This was a pretty emotional book. Human trafficking is horrible no matter what. This book was hard to read, but not as hard as the first. I didn't feel the connection between Lexie and Donovan as much as I did the first one. I still feel that make a good couple, we just need to work on Lexie and her past issues. As we head into book 3 I hope we finally get to catch and torture the evil guy and then do other bad things to him. But that is just me. ;-)
E.
Lexi Steele and Nick Donovan are working through the complications of their relationship while they continue to work on destroying the sex trafficking ring that ensnared Donovan's sister. Lexi also receives devastating news from her mother just before going undercover to try to bust up ring and rescue the person that she sent in to obtain information.
Angela Corbett
I had a hard time getting through this book and I'm not sure why. It seemed a lot more serious than the first book in the series, so maybe that was my problem with it. I'll still read the next book because I want to find out what happens with Lexi and Donovan, but I'm not in any hurry to get it.
Alison
I liked this book...lots of action, Lexi is one tough cookie. Then ending was very abrupt. I hope this means there is another book coming for Lexi Steele. I also wasn't sure what happened with the storyline of her mothers cancer. I really want Lexi and Nick to get their HEA!
Donna Crawbuck
I enjoyed this as well as McCray's first book in this series The First Sin. This book was much more graphic. Almost a bit disturbing yet I really enjoyed it and could not put the book down. Can't wait for the last in series, The Temptation.
July
Lexi and Donovan are back for more. Lexi must take down the top man of the organization that is responsible for the sex slavery and kidnapping of girls into prostitition.
Cate
Very complex characters in a fast-paced action setting with some HOT sex scenes to boot! What's not to like?!? Can't wait for the third book!
Becky Moore
Really good, intense story ... but I'm not a fan of first person. And why, oh why, did she leave us hanging at the end? It always makes me anxious!
Kim
Dec 04, 2009 Kim added it
Another good book in this series. This one didn't have as much sexual content as the first but she still kicks some butt !!
Debbie
I really did enjoy this one, but not really as much as I did the first one.
Pat Stearman
More BDSM this time in New York. Not bad but won't look out for more....
Christina
I'm enjoying this series,can't wait for 3rd book...
Abby Fick
Hope she writes more for this series.
Shayna
A must after you read the first!
Tonya
I would actually give this 3.5/5 stars.
Amanda
Dec 28, 2009 Amanda marked it as to-read
Shelves: cheyenne-mccray
Lexi Steele #2
Joanita
Joanita marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Mindy Boettcher
Mindy Boettcher marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly (FBI #1)
  • When a Man Loves a Weapon (Bobbie Faye, #3)
  • Tie Me Down
  • Real Men Last All Night (includes Lexi Steele, #1.5 and Wounded Warriors, #1)
  • Taken by Passion (Taken by Passion/Wonderland #1)
  • Dark and Dangerous
  • Legally Hot
  • Blaze of Glory (Special Operations, #2)
  • No Escape (Delta Force, #3)
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance (Includes: ACRO, #1.5)
  • If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2)
  • Breaking Loose (Steele Street, #10)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • Fair Game (Fortune Hunter Trilogy, #3)
  • Bound, Branded, & Brazen
  • Jaded (Hot Cops, #3)
"New York Times" and "USA Today" bestselling author Cheyenne McCray is the author of several series, including the new "Lawmen" series which debuted with the book "Hidden Prey."

Join Chey on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...
Chey's new Lawmen Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...

Chey has three sons, two dogs, and is an Arizona native who loves the desert and all of...more
More about Cheyenne McCray...
Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1) Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1) Seduced by Magic (Magic, #2) Wicked Magic (Magic, #3) No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2)

“All yours, sweetheart,” Smithe added. “And Steele, I’m talking to Donovan. If there was ever anything sweet about you the Polar ice caps might melt.” 5 likes