Start by marking “Misteri Cermin Berhantu (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #21)” as Want to Read:
Misteri  Cermin Berhantu (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #21)

Misteri Cermin Berhantu (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #21)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,233 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Apa sebabnya tiba-tiba muncul 2 orang yang berminat pada cermin antik spanyol milik Mrs. Darnley? Seorang pengumpul benda seni begitu berkeras membelinya dari wanita kaya itu. Kemudian muncul lagi seseorang yang berusaha mencurinya!

Trio Detektif dihubungi, dengan permintaan menangani kasus aneh tersebut. Mereka setuju - tanpa sedikitpun menduga akan terlibat dalam berbagai
paperback, 192 pages
Published September 1993 by PT Gramedia (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Cermin Berhantu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteri Cermin Berhantu

Quentin Wallace
May 17, 2016 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another good mystery from the Investigators. This one concerns a "haunted" mirror for a small European country, and as usual there's much more to the story than meets the eye.

The story seemed a little tighter than some of the past volumes, and was a good read. Nothing ground breaking, but just what I'd expect from the Three Investigators.
Mark
original 2010 review - Quite by chance, the Three Investigators encounter Mrs Darnley and her house filled with mirrors, including the goblin glass which appears to be cursed by an embittered sorcerer. Filled with some genuinely spooky moments, a cracking mystery and great (and often larger-than-life) characters, this is a storming entry into the series and has everything you want from a Three Investigator book. All of the lads get a chance to shine, the writing is top-notch and the ending highl ...more
Meghan McFadden
I felt a little weird including this in my tally for books read this year because it's a YA book and it's short. But it's not much shorter than a couple of other books I've already listed, so in it goes.

I read this book basically on accident. I was at a library used book sale, and saw the name of Alfred Hitchcock. I'm currently reading one of his biographies and as often happens in my life, as soon as I develop an interest in someone, or learn something new, suddenly I come across examples of th
Liz
Oct 12, 2012 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star
I liked this one so much better than the Shrinking House mystery. This mystery involved a ghost and I really like ghost stories. A woman the Investigators know starts to have problems because of a mirror that someone wants to buy. The mirror is rumored to be haunted, and the rumor seems to be true when a face starts appearing in it.
Laura Verret
Strangely enough, it was Worthington, the British chauffer who introduced the Three Investigators to their newest case. His friend, the eccentric Mrs. Darnley, is a collector of antiques. The pride and joy of her collection is the mirror – an enormous, grotesque thing with an aura of mystery about it. Even more mysterious are the constant attempts of one, Senor Santora, to purchase the mirror and the presence of a shadowy burglar in the library room, where the mirror is held. What is the fascina ...more
Nofuture
May 10, 2013 Nofuture rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tak, dočítané...

Keď som bol takýto malý, chodil som si do knižnice v Strážove požičiavať duševnú potravu a pravidelne víťazili Pátrači. Keď som ich uvidel v Knihobežníckej poličke, okamžite som po nich siahol a potom som mal strach začať čítať, lebo som sa bál, že si zničím všetky príjemné spomienky. Ale prekvapkal som sám seba...

Príbeh je jednoduchý, koniec koncov je to pre deti, ale zároveň ako vystrihnutý z nejakého polit-thrilleru. Nevinná záhada strašidelného zrkadla sa rozvinie do politick
Robert Stewart
I liked this story when I was younger but it doesn't stand up to the test of time. There are turgid pages describing the politics of an invented country, Ruffino. When I reread this last year, only one question echoed in my mind: who cares? Jean, Jeff and Mrs. Darnley are one-dimensional characters. A strong elderly woman would emerge later in the person of Mrs. Macomber in Death Trap Mine. She seems to be what Ms. Carey is striving for here but can't quite get. And just like in Monster Mountain ...more
Jaime Contreras
This was one of the last Hardy Boys mystery novels that I read. This Houdini-esque mystery is quite good as the Hardy Boys try to figure out the mystery of a haunted mirror and the after dark acts going on around a foreboding mansion. The HB team is in fine form in this formula book.
Dawn
Jul 13, 2015 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still as much fun as it was when I was a kid. Anyone who wants to find a good mystery series for kids, skip the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and get the Three Investigators. It'll also be a fun introduction to a time before cell phones and the internet. :D
Suzanne
Aug 06, 2012 Suzanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I plucked this from a pile of Three Investigators books my husband has from when he was a kid. I was surprised I'd never read any them because I loved this sort of thing as a youngster, plus they were apparently endorsed by Alfred Hitchcock! Even before I was old enough to see his movies, I was a huge fan of his tv shows, along with Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories, etc.

Anyway, it was pretty much like a 150 page episode of Scooby Doo. Fun, if a bit dated, and the characters aren't that deep. Still
MaggyGray
Eine meiner absoluten Lieblingsfolgen. Schon das Hörspiel ist phantastisch, das Buch ist nochmal eine Ecke besser. Eine herrlich poetische Sprache, wirklich schöner Grusel und eine in sich stimmige Geschichte, wie sie bei den neueren Folgen leider nicht mehr vorkommt...

Auch Justus ist noch nicht der allwissende dauerpenetrante Nervtöter, zu dem ihn die aktuellen Autoren gemacht haben, sondern ermittelt im Verband mit seinen beiden Freunden, was sich sehr angenehm liest.

Ich habe diese Geschicht
Xazo Koritsi
Feb 25, 2015 Xazo Koritsi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first mystery book at the age of 10, I read it all at once in a lazy summer day at my countryhouse...
Feb 18, 2010 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite by chance, the Three Investigators encounter Mrs Darnley and her house filled with mirrors, including the goblin glass which appears to be cursed by an embittered sorceror. Filled with some genuinely spooky moments, a cracking mystery and great (and often larger-than-life) characters, this is a storming entry into the series and has everything you want from a Three Investigator book. All of the lads get a chance to shine, the writing is top-notch and the ending highlights Jupe’s deductive ...more
Scott Meidroth
What can I say? These books got me through adolescence...
Imsathya
Feb 24, 2016 Imsathya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nowhere near a top notch 3I mystery but
Nadja A.
Jan 25, 2014 Nadja A. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
Von den früheren Folgen eine der wenigen, die mich nicht wirklich begeistert. Einzig die Auflösung des Telefonanrufs ist immer klasse. Justus hört einfach gut zu! :D
Frederick Tan
Dec 18, 2015 Frederick Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.
Olivia
Jan 01, 2009 Olivia rated it liked it
hahahahahaha!!! this was the first book dari seri 'trio detektif' yang aku baca... i remembered ngrasa takut banget pas baca buku ini dan ngintilin my nanny yang lagi sibuk jemur baju, sembari tanganku tetep mbalik2 halaman buku ini... thank GOD, di bagian akhir ada penjelasan rasional di balik misteri bayangan kepala hantu ijo yang melayang-layang di tengah cermin...
dan demikianlah dimulai kegilaanku membaca seri ini... jupe, pete, and bob, i'll always love them!!!
Jacqueline
Jun 22, 2012 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must say that this is one of the best books from the "drei ???".
I always loved them and always will!
Go Justus, Peter and Bob! ;)

Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
Oct 14, 2015 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Raja99
(Started rereading 2014-09-13 ~23:20)

(Finished rereading 2014-09-14 21:37:33.0 approximately)
Anne Mariane
In Bahasa Indonesia, Three Investigators called Trio Detektif. Classic books, I really like them.
Elizabeth S
Dec 28, 2010 Elizabeth S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-juvenile
Good mystery in this one. The boys do some real detective work.
Cupof Tea
"Stupid" was my one-word description in grade 7.
Cecile
4 and a half.this one is my favoutite.
Andreas Aris
Jan 10, 2013 Andreas Aris rated it really liked it
very entertaining. like it very much!
Ian
from way back. great.
Cws
JM4 Car
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Also known as Mary V. Carey
Personal: Born May 19, 1925, in New Brighton, England; brought to the United States in 1925, naturalized citizen in 1955; daughter of John Cornelius (an engineer) and Mary Alice (Hughes) Carey. Home address in 1993 was 3748 Birch St., Ventura, CA.

Ms Carey passed away in 1994.

Education: College of Mount St. Vincent, B.S., 1946.

Religion: Roman Catholic

Career: Coronet, New
More about M.V. Carey...

Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)