Start by marking “Misteri Kelompok Penyihir (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #27)” as Want to Read:
Misteri Kelompok Penyihir (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #27)

Misteri Kelompok Penyihir (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #27)

Apakah bintang film Madeline Bainbridge seorang korban yang tidak bersalah - ataukah dia merupakan sasaran balas dendam ?

Pencuri-pencuri berhasil menggasak film-filmnya yang berharga. Dan autobiografinya hilang sebelum diterbitkan. Mengapa ada yang tega benar mengusik aktris tua itu? Namun... dengan mempelajari riwayat kehidupannya yang dirahasiakan, Trio Detektif menjadi
Published March 1988 by PT Gramedia (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Kelompok Penyihir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteri Kelompok Penyihir

Quentin Wallace
Jan 18, 2017 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the better Three Investigators novels. This one involves a reclusive movie star, a witches' coven, and a trio of dastardly villains. This one was a little more "real world" than some of the Scooby Doo type monster stories (which I do enjoy.) Adding the witchcraft angle into old Hollywood really made this an enjoyable read. I could picture this as an old film starring Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. If you're a 3 Investigators fan I don't think you'll disappointed with this one.
Mark
2010 review - The boys are working part-time at Amigos Press, run by the smart but clumsy Beefy Tremayne. He’s just taken receipt of the potentially explosive memoirs of Madeline Bainbridge, an actress from Hollywood’s Golden era, who might or might not have been a witch. When the Amigos offices are burned down, the memoirs stolen and Bainbridge’s films snatched from a TV studio next door, it’s up to the boys to get to the bottom of things. Starting with a bang, this has a terrific pace and is a ...more
Jesse
Jun 07, 2015 Jesse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading one of the Three Investigators books is always a happy, nostalgia trip. I think, as a child of the '80s, I was likely on the tail end of this particular nostalgia trip, but I always used to look for these books when I went to the library and I'm having a lot of fun re-reading them. They remind me in a way of Scooby Doo episodes, somewhat. A perplexing mystery with lots of twists and turns, lots of sneaky, devious characters, and the truth is all laid out in detail at the end.

I was surpri
SmokingMirror
2.5 Jupiter Jones is in good form, but the mystery itself was easy to see through. I had expectations of Hitch giving the boys clues based on some film he made with Miss Bainbridge, but that didn't happen. Miss Bainbridge, a big star whose career began in the silent era, was less Norma Desmond that I either hoped or feared. (view spoiler)
Robyn
WKKPL | Surprisingly accurate depiction of witchcraft for a book of its time, worth reading for those who enjoy the series but it's part of the middle set that aren't as strong as either the early books or the later ones. Should really be The Jupiter Jones Show, not The Three Investigators, because there wasn't much use made of Bob or Pete.
Allan
Sep 03, 2008 Allan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always maintained that if you are on the lookout for a book that at the same time satiates your thirst for a thriller and quest for more knowledge, then the Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators in The Mystery of the Magic Circleis just the kind of book that you want. When I first set my eyes on the title I felt like as if the magic circle would be some kind of witchcraft, but as usual I was mistaken. The magic Circle, though it deals with witchcraft is not the kind of witchcraft t ...more
Autumn
Mar 21, 2013 Autumn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Three Investigators book I've read. I never read these as a kid, but recently learned about them and wanted to check one out. This was enjoyable enough as a quick read, but probably wouldn't be anything someone would want to read who hadn't gotten into this series as a kid. I was hoping for more interaction both between the three investigators (Jupiter, who seems to be a mini Hitchcock, dominated the story) and between the three and the main source of the mystery, Madeline Bain ...more
Mark
Oct 18, 2010 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The boys are working part-time at Amigos Press, run by the smart but clumsy Beeft Tremayne. He’s just taken receipt of the potentially explosive memoirs of Madeline Bainbridge, an actress from Hollywood’s Golden era, who might or might not have been a witch. When the Amigos offices are burned down, the memoirs stolen and Bainbridge’s films snatched from a TV studio next door, it’s up to the boys to get to the bottom of things. Starting with a bang, this has a terrific pace and is a real page-tur ...more
Robert Stewart
Feb 08, 2013 Robert Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. MV Carey wrote some pretty weak 3I stories, but when she put her mind to it she could produce some gems. Magic Circle is a great story full of sabbats and witches. I give it a 5, even though she finds it increasingly hard to find useful things for Pete and Bob to do in her books. Her later writings could arguably be renamed the Jupiter Jones books.
Nicole
Mar 03, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It isn't the strongest installment in the series, but at least it made me nostalgic for a time when former movie stars actually faded out of public life after thirty years. That was the single most anachronistic thing in the whole book.
Yavanna
I read a lot of the three investigators in my early teens, when I was between 11 and 14. I think I read the whole shelf of the library, where those books were kept :) but I remember only a few ...
Elizabeth S
A good addition to the series. A few parts of the mystery are a little less plausible than usual, but otherwise the book lives up to the normal standards.
Serena
May 03, 2013 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
Douglas Smith
Douglas Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Ivan
Ivan rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2010
Prima patriotika
Prima patriotika rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Andrzej
Andrzej rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Rachmat Irwansjah
Rachmat Irwansjah rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2007
Psychofox
Psychofox rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2007
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Irham Nurrahman
Irham Nurrahman rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
SeaGate
SeaGate rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2009
Jjjj
Jjjj rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2012
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2012
Idha
Idha rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2008
Lady Alexandrine
Lady Alexandrine rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Cindy Loomis-Torvi
Cindy Loomis-Torvi rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Doenutty
Doenutty rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Brandon Holt
Brandon Holt rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
  • The Mystery of the Deadly Double (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #28)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Rogues' Reunion (The Three Investigators, #40)
Also known as Mary V. Carey
Personal: Born May 19, 1925, in New Brighton, England; brought to the United States in 1925, naturalized citizen in 1955; daughter of John Cornelius (an engineer) and Mary Alice (Hughes) Carey. Home address in 1993 was 3748 Birch St., Ventura, CA.

Ms Carey passed away in 1994.

Education: College of Mount St. Vincent, B.S., 1946.

Religion: Roman Catholic

Career: Coronet, New
More about M.V. Carey...

Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)