Misteri Anjing Siluman (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #23)

Misteri Anjing Siluman (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #23)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  866 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The Three investigators are hounded by supernatural forces as they attempt to recover a stolen sculpture of a legendary wolf-dog.
Published July 1987 by PT Gramedia (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Anjing Siluman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteri Anjing Siluman

Tantri Setyorini
Ah, sebel banget kalau inget pernah punya buku ini tapi hilang entah ke mana.
Kisah ini bercerita tentang Trio Detektif yang disewa oleh seorang pria tua bernama Mr. Prentice untuk mengusut kasus hilangnya patung anjing Karpatia miliknya dan rongrongan hantu yang dialaminya. Trio Detektif ikut tinggal di apartemen Mr. Prentice untuk mengamati para penghuni kompleks apartemen yang beberapa di antaranya mencurigakan. Aku tak ingat siapa saja tersangkanya. Tapi ada beberapa tokoh yang berperan bany...more
Mark
The boys are hired by Fenton Prentice, who seems to be experiencing a haunting in his apartment and whilst there, they get involved in a robbery. When it later comes to light that what was stolen, a crystal statue of The Carpathian Hound (the invisible dog of the title), belonged to Prentice, the boys have a bigger case to crack. Probably my favourite of the entire series, Carey perfectly captures the mood and atmosphere of the post-Christmas period and her sense of location here is superb - the...more
Allan
Once again Jupe, Pete and Bob prove their prowess as expert investigators. This time round, their client is haunted by a seemingly invisible visitor who as the story progresses has the capacity to wander around the world while having a perfect alibi-that he was asleep at home. This phenomenon was new to me and I definitely added it to my knowledge bank. One thing I have always loved about the Three Investigators series is that while it enthrals its audience with deceptive culprits and eerie scen...more
Boyd Dart
I read this for a little nostalgia (I loved the series but have never read this one before) and it was not very good - a bit disappointing.
Shari
Aug 05, 2012 Shari rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Youth mystery readers
Offers a nostalgic re-read of a tale involving adventurous and clever youths in a time before cell phones and video games, where young boys would ride their bikes around the community and interact with their neighbors to solve a mystery. This is the first book from the Three Investigators stories that I read. Originally I found the story too scary, as I was very young. Once I overcame my fear, I rather enjoyed the tale and the characters, and collected all of the books I could find...stories 1-3...more
Trey
What is wrong with M. V. Carey? She has a very shaky grasp on how to handle The Three Investigators. Under no circumstances should the solution to the mysteries contain any sort of parapsychology or mystical phenomena. This makes two books she's ruined so far (The Mystery of Monster Mountain being the other). I'm apoplectic with rage over this. If she was still alive, I'd write her a sternly worded letter. Since she's not, I'll have to hope her ghost trolls Goodreads.
Landismom
I'm not really sure why I decided to revisit my childhood love of the Three Investigators series, but I seem to have a fair number of these books bouncing about the house. I've been trying to get my daughter to read them, but she thinks they are too scary--with invisible characters, who can disagree?
Andreas Aris
The blue crystal statue of the dog was found at the bottom of the apartment pool. Wow! It amazed me very much! It left a mystery... one of the apartment residence can be in the two places at the same time! Wow!
Ayu Welirang
kayak lagi baca cerita detektif. Semua alibi yang keluar dari tiap tragedi, nggak standar dan nggak biasa! Maklum lah, pengarangnya kan sutradara. :D Jadi udah biasa aja nulis skenario yang penuh tanda tanya.
Ryan Mishap
He wasn't invisible, he just escaped from the set of the filming of The Hound of the Baskervilles and then he ate Jupiter's sandwich. And then he ate some grass.
Elizabeth S
Some clever tricks and detecting done by the villains and the boys.
Raja99
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Heather Giudici
Heather Giudici marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Mink
Mink marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kristian
Kristian marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Rajesh
Rajesh added it
Aug 02, 2014
K Welch
K Welch marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
  • The Mystery of the Deadly Double (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #28)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Also known as Mary V. Carey
Personal: Born May 19, 1925, in New Brighton, England; brought to the United States in 1925, naturalized citizen in 1955; daughter of John Cornelius (an engineer) and Mary Alice (Hughes) Carey. Home address in 1993 was 3748 Birch St., Ventura, CA.

Ms Carey passed away in 1994.

Education: College of Mount St. Vincent, B.S., 1946.

Religion: Roman Catholic

Career: Coronet, New...more
More about M.V. Carey...
The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15) The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21) The Mystery of the Singing Serpent (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #17) The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29) The Mystery of Monster Mountain (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #20)