Start by marking “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (Miracle Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (Miracle Girls, #2)

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (Miracle Girls #2)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  212 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Ana, Christine, Riley, and Zoe have grown closer than ever over the past few months, but summer is over and it's time to put their friendship to the test.
It's been a little over a year since Christine Lee's mom passed away in a tragic car accident. Now her dad is engaged to Candace--"The Bimbo"--and Christine couldn't be less thrilled. When her attitude starts to take a t
Published April 16th 2009 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

Jacob Proffitt
Jun 04, 2013 Jacob Proffitt rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This book was harmed by the format setup for this series. I was glad that this book would feature Christine and her father getting remarried. The glimpses of Candace (the Bimbo) that we caught in the first book were intriguing as you could see that there was something of a disconnect between Christine's account of her and who she really is. Unfortunately, the emotional journey Christine needs to take isn't a long or particularly original one and spreading it out to take up a whole year of High S ...more
Kayla Sparklin
Jun 15, 2015 Kayla Sparklin rated it it was amazing
Forewarning: If you are at all offended by Christianity or the mention of God, church, or prayer, do NOT read this book. A lot of this book takes place in church, and the main character prays often.

After finishing the first book of the Miracle Girls series, I immediately started this second book. In the first book, the story is told from Ana's point of view. She details everything through Freshman year. In this second book, Christine tells the going-ons of their lives during Sophomore year.

It is
Lulufrances
May 09, 2013 Lulufrances rated it really liked it
This series is really fun :)
Not much more to say now (which might be because I want to desperately read my other book now haha) but yeah, start the series when you get the chance!
Debbie
Dec 01, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fiction
"Breaking Up is Hard to Do" is a well-written young adult general fiction book. It's written in first person, present tense. It's also the second book in the series, but I didn't need to read first novel to understand what's going on in this one (though probably I would understand the girls' bond better if I had).

The characters were complex and engaging though not always likable (for example, Christine's to-be step-mom was perfect when relating to Christine, but Christine was spiteful toward her
Katrina Burchett
Christine Lee is a Sophomore in high school. This young lady has a love of art and she wants to be a famous painter one day. It's been a year since Christine Lee's mother died in an automobile accident and even though she no longer acts out by dyeing her hair bold colors she is still grieving. Christine's dad is about to marry Candace and the last thing Christine wants is for another woman to take her mother's place.

This is the second book in The Miracle Girls series. In the first book, Zoe was
Clockstein Lockstein
Jun 17, 2009 Clockstein Lockstein rated it really liked it
Breaking Up is Hard to Do by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt is the second book in the Miracle Girls series. This volume focuses on Christine Lee, the rebel of the group with her thrift store wardrobe and nose ring. Christine is angry with her father for getting engaged just a year after her mother's tragic death in a car accident, so she's taking it out on stepmother-to-be Candace. She's struggling to deal with her mother's death along with the possible break-up of the Miracle Girls as each ha ...more
Jill Williamson
Jun 18, 2010 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing
The Miracle Girls, Ana, Christine, Riley, and Zoe, grew closer than ever over the summer, but school is back in session and things are changing. Christine’s dad is still planning to marry Candace, even though it’s only been a year and a half since Christine’s mom died. Christine does everything in her power to break up the wedding. Unfortunately, what’s breaking up is the Miracle Girls. For some reason, they aren’t getting along. Are boys the problem or something deeper? Christine fights to keep ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

When we were first introduced to the Miracle Girls, they were just four unique and very different girls who all survived accidents that were deemed to be fatal. Because of a writing assignment, as fate would have it this unlikely group was brought together.

In the first novel, Ana was the narrator. Now it is up to Christine to captivate us with her woes in life.

Seen as the loner of the group, Christine has her own style and way
Michelle
Jun 12, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story. I actually got tears in my eyes at the ending. Any book that makes me sniffle from happy tears is a good book. That means I cared enough to feel something for the characters. These authors did a great job pulling me into Christine's world. She was very much a typical teenager so their perspective from Christine's point of view was excellently done. Those heart-engaging endings are the kinds of endings I love seeing in inspirational books. One that offers hope and heal ...more
Cheryl Cunningham
Apr 01, 2015 Cheryl Cunningham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rollercoaster Ride

Well it was clear from beginning that this book was going to test the girls friendships. Liked seeing the girls mature through the book. My happiest moment was the Bloomingdales Wedding registry. I needed that laugh even if it was 10:30 p.m. The tears were flowing as Christine finally let her guard down on more than one occasion in the book. I am disappointed that the girl's Faith and relationship with the Lord wasn't brought in this book.
Minty McBunny
Apr 16, 2014 Minty McBunny rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, april-2014
This was a solid follow up to the Miracle Girls, I liked the new perspective from Christine as the narrator. The outcome was obvious and I really don't get what happened with Andrew, but hopefully the next book will address this.

I think this is a good series for young teens, I like that it has a Christian angle without the spirituality being front and center. It is realistic that many teens are active in church groups without that being the defining aspect of their lives.
Venessaa ♡☮♫
Aug 08, 2014 Venessaa ♡☮♫ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: like, love, 2014-reads
Breaking Up is Hard to Do revolves around teenager Christine Lee whose mom passed away after a tragic accident a year ago. Everything would have been fine if his dad wasn't engaged to Candace- "the bimbo". But the wedding is fast approaching and Christine gets more annoyed- and bitter. Will they make it through the wedding as a family. Or would it be as disastrous as Christine imagined it?
Loved the story. Loved the ending. 5 stars! :))
Lena
May 26, 2014 Lena rated it it was amazing
Really loved it! I cried near the end of the book because I felt really bad for Christine! But things will hopefully turn out ok.
MeganR
Dec 17, 2015 MeganR rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It shows how real life is and can be. It shows that even though life can be hard, it can turn into something beautiful.
Melody
Mar 07, 2016 Melody rated it it was amazing
A very cliche sequel to a every cliche book. I just love it!
Pınar
Apr 09, 2014 Pınar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Güzeldi, sevdim.

Yorum için: http://colorful-book.blogspot.com.tr/...
Bethany
Dec 05, 2009 Bethany rated it really liked it
Shelves: book
I liked how this book ended, mostly because she didn't get the guy, which probably makes me sound like a real jerk but whatever, i don't care what you think. I hate when books end where the girl gets the guy and then everything is so perfect and awesome because that isn't that way it is... Guys can't make you happy! Only God can bring you joy! That's what I believe anyways... :)
I cried reading this book-the ms. moore part... it was just so sad! :( I really liked the characters in this book and t
Emmah
Oct 20, 2015 Emmah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liz
May 31, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
Soooooooooooo good!!!
Erynne
May 28, 2014 Erynne rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!!!! I can connect so well with the characters in this series! I cried when she cried and I laughed when she laughed. all in all a really great book!
Cecelia
Apr 17, 2013 Cecelia rated it really liked it
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do made an AMAZING addition to the Miracle Girls series. I loved seeing Christine's perspective and sometimes, I just wanted to get this girl to TELL PEOPLE HOW SHE FELT!!!! After reading several books where the main character changes very slowly, it was somewhat refreshing to see Christine have a specific turning point.
Kiersten
Mmm...even more subfantastic than the first book. There's just something not quite believable about these books for me. The storyline can seem rather disjointed at times, and the characters seem inconsistent. [For me] a quick and fairly mediocre read.
Nina
Mar 23, 2009 Nina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teenage girls
Recommended to Nina by: the publisher sent it to me
I loved it on my book cover it says: Advance reading copy not for sale to be published in paperback april 2009. its not released to the public yet!!! it is such a great book. i want to read #1: Miracle girls! (I started the series on #2)
Feb 28, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than the first in the series. I felt for Christine and how alone she must be. It makes my distant parents seem not so bad! A good read and I'm glad things were looking up in the end.
Julie S.
Jan 12, 2011 Julie S. rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Christine, the character in this book, is more likable than Ana, the one from the first one. Ana was kind of annoying in this book with her obsession over the grades competition. But overall, a good book.
Donna Velasco
Mar 21, 2011 Donna Velasco rated it liked it
I couldn't wait to read this book because the protagonist was an art freak like me. Somehow, I could picture all the artwork's she'd done. I totally connected with this book.
Sabrina
Mar 18, 2012 Sabrina rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, high-school-ish
Was kinda disappointed, was a really cute story!! but it kind of took a step down....was expecting more but wasn't bad =/
Erica Handley
Jun 09, 2009 Erica Handley rated it really liked it
It isn't as good as the first miracle girls book but I really enjoyed it.
*Mrs. Brightside*
Jul 20, 2010 *Mrs. Brightside* rated it liked it
Shelves: girls
Wow, I liked the first book better..But it was still good!
Sabrina
May 23, 2013 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Very good book! I loved it.
  • Who Made You a Princess? (All About Us, #4)
  • Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)
  • Tournaments, Cocoa & One Wrong Move (Real Life, #3)
  • The Big Picture (Katie Parker Productions, #3)
  • Latte Daze (Maya Davis, #2)
  • Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)
  • Mystify (Mystyx, #2)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Calli
  • The Spring of Candy Apples (Sweet Seasons, #4)

Miracle Girls (4 books)
  • The Miracle Girls (Miracle Girls, #1)
  • A Little Help from My Friends (Miracle Girls, #3)
  • Love Will Keep Us Together (Miracle Girls, #4)