Start by marking “Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)

Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess #3)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  5,045 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
HOME COOKING

Published July 31st 2007 by Del Rey Books (first published December 6th 2005)

Sesana
May 04, 2012 Sesana rated it really liked it
I love Kitchen Princess for its art, but mostly for the sweet and earnest characters, especially Najika. I also like the ongoing rehabilitation of former mean girl, Akane. It's still a work in progress, but I like that it is happening. The last chapter in this volume was a bit of a tear-jerker. As a whole, though, sweet and light as Najika's desserts.
Nur
Ujian datang silih berganti. Najika diusir dari Kantin Fujita (tempat berharga miliknya) dan sebuah kabar mengejutkan datang dari kampung halamannya di Hokkaido bahwa Nenek Hagio jatuh sakit.

Di volume ini, Akane udah ga terlalu jahat lagi sama Najika. Well, thanks to Peach Pie buatan Najika yang rasanya mirip banget sama yang dibuat sama nenek Akane dulu (ada di volume kedua) Tapi tetep aja, Akane merasa was-was dan tidak suka melihat kedekatan Najika denga Daichi, apalagi sepulang dari Hokkaido
Lauren
Dec 12, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Kitchen Princess is about a girl named Najika who has an extremely positive an upbeat personality. She has been admitted at Seika Academy’s Special Class because she has a talent in cooking. Through various adventures and mishaps she struggles to find her way along with the help of Daichi and Sora Kitazawa.

I read this series on a whim; I was really into cooking at one point. It is cute and fun, just pure enjoyable reading. I was delighted to find out that there are even recipes for what she make
Bianca
Feb 09, 2011 Bianca added it
This is the best series I've read in ages. It's been hard to put down since I started and I read every chance I get.

I do believe that a lot of my love towards this series goes to me being a glutton and a sucker for sugary sweets, but the story is fantastic. Najika is the regular good-girl main character that helps everyone - even the bad guys - out whenever she gets the chance and they eventually warm up to her after she cooks something amazing. Well, there's more behind the cooking but yeah. An
Ceci
Oct 24, 2011 Ceci rated it did not like it
Awesome book!!can't wait to read rest series!!!!!!
Lori Rivas
May 11, 2010 Lori Rivas rated it it was amazing
heck of a good series
Ken Yuen
Dec 06, 2016 Ken Yuen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
An okay side story. It's nice to visit Najika's home in Hokkaido and see her past, but I'm more interested in the drama in Tokyo. Still liking Akane for her frenemy status with Najika. I'm just glad to see that she's not outright villainous in her actions.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Alya Atiera
Oct 05, 2016 Alya Atiera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, manga

The rating and review are conclusion for all of the volumes. Except for the synopsis.

Oh gosh, the ending is so cute! I mean I didn't expect that kind of ending because of all those bad things that keep on happen.

(view spoiler)
MAI
Sep 21, 2016 MAI rated it really liked it
Shelves: kesukaan
seseorang tolong pinjamkan lanjutan volume ini. saya penasaran T_T

btw, saya ngiler ngeliat resep pai apel-nya, ingin bikin juga hhhh
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rated this 3.5 stars.

One of the reasons why I rated this book less than 4 stars is because like in many other shojo mangas, especially contemporary ones, there are always mean girls and one or more jealous b****es. I graduated high school two years ago and there was never as much as jealous and mean girl drama as in these shojo mangas, it's unrealistic, it always annoys me a lot. Why do you think that Sailor Moon and Kodocha are one of my most favourite shojo series ever. There's no mean girl
Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Kitchen Princess: Volume 3 is a wonderful addition to this cute and fun-filled series. I highly enjoy the Kitchen Princess books as they are well-written and the artwork is top-notch.

It was wonderful seeing the nicer side of Akane, but we all knew it wouldn't last long . . . and it didn't. She proved herself to be mean when she stole a present for Najika at the end of the book. As for Sora, I think he is the Flan Prince, but will have to wait to find out. Darn it! And Najika is her usual super
Sereneblaze
HOME COOKING

Thanks to a magical talent for cooking, Najika is attending Seika Academy, a top private school. Najika believes that the boy who once saved her life, her "prince," must be one of her fellow students. When Najika isn't trying to find her mystery boy, she's working at the nearby Fujita Diner. But when it looks like the diner might close, and jealous classmate Akane hatches a sinister plan to drive Najika out of school, Najika retreats to her childhood home. There she cares for her bel
Mikaela
May 18, 2012 Mikaela rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Hmm.. when i saw the cover.. Najika suddenly reminds me of Kirari of Kirarin Revolution. :)) lol.. anyway, the story is getting really good. on Chapter 12.. i find the girls soo annoying! -_- they're jealous that Sora and Najika are close. tsk! A girl even thought of an idea to close the shop Najika was working at. Since the father of the girl is PTA council. But of course that failed. thanks to Najika's determination on not to close the shop, since it's special to her, she served delicious lunc ...more
Sarah Crawford
Feb 25, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Akane returns to school and stops making fun of Najika. Later Akane asks Daichi if he likes Najika. Sora explains why he and Daichi don't get along very well. One of Akane's followers decides to make trouble for Najika. The diner where Najika has been working is closed down as a result.

Akane gives Najika some encouragement. The diner is saved, but Najika has to return home. Her grandmother is ill. Some of Najika's past is covered. She starts thinking that Daichi is her flan prince.

There's a que
Ashley
Mar 27, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it
Nyssa
I think I'm officially sucked in! (view spoiler)

My hopes were dashed as far as Akane-- She's still unlikeable, despite Najika's best efforts. I'm happy to see that Akane's coldness does not make Najika stoop to her level - at least not so far. However, the story has once again stopped at a point where things may change - its a matter of both "if" and "how".

I'm impressed at how smoothly the the romantic elements of the story are coming into play
MissAnnThrope
Dec 12, 2012 MissAnnThrope rated it really liked it
Recommended to MissAnnThrope by: Sara
11 December 2012

Stupid Akane!

Girls are still being catty twits in Kitchen Princess, Volume 3: Home Cooking and poor Najika is dealing with the consequences. This type of drama usually puts me off, but Najika singlehandedly keeps me coming back for more. I adore her so much.

As Najika travels home to visit Hagio-sensei, she comes close to unraveling the mystery of her Flan Prince. Ooh, who will it be?

I love the surprise about Fujita-san!
Kayla Eklund
Oct 17, 2014 Kayla Eklund rated it it was amazing
This series just continues to get better and better. I'm glad that I stumbled upon it on Pintrest. I love Najika and the guys. They have a lot of chemistry together. I thought I was going to like Akane as well, but not after she pulled what she did at the end. What a bitch. I;m starting volume four immediately.
Jean
Apr 23, 2014 Jean rated it really liked it
I think I would like this series more if they weren't always being mean to Najika. Are Japanese girls really that jealous and mean to each other? I've seen it in other shojo's but damn. Calm down. Other than that this series reminds me of Fruits basket, with the love triangle between Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki.
Charlie
Oct 04, 2016 Charlie rated it really liked it
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03

Okay, I really don't like Akane anymore. She needs to let Daichi go and needs to stop scheming. Face it, Akane. You're not as cute and lovely as Najika. Sorry, not sorry.
Brigitte
Jul 25, 2016 Brigitte rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This is my favorite volume so far. Najika is hilarious and reminds me of me because of her hot temper when people are being wasteful. She cares way too much about others and should think more about herself. Also, the watch Daichi got her.... Ahhhh Akane you crazy bitch!
Stories like this make me wish I enjoyed cooking
Matti Karjalainen
"Luuletko pääseväsi pälkähästä vaikka särjit ihanat kananmunani?!"

Natsumi Andon ja Miyuki Kobayashin "Kitchen Princess 3" (Egmont, 2010) jatkaa hyväksi havaitulla linjalla, jossa huippuakatemian oppilaat laittavat ruokaa ja selvittelevät entistä kimurantimmaksi käyviä ihmissuhteitaan. En ole varmasti suunniteltua kohderyhmää, mutta tätä lukee silti ihan mielellään!
Brendan
Sep 23, 2015 Brendan rated it liked it
At this point I'm not sure there's enough food to keep me involved. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of food but the food isn't really the focus. Lots of teen drama and it's really not calling to my age bracket.
Wala2 Bookworm
akane i really hate you, don't pretend that you're a good one
all of your kindness with najika , you smashed it when it related to Daici, damn you bitch

this series closed to reality
i like it even with the hate of akane
Miss Ryoko
Jan 21, 2014 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
This was a sweet volume full of a lot of friendship and love and touching moments :-) I wish I knew how to cook (well, actually more like I wish I had even a small interest in cooking...but I don't. Ugh cooking is such a waste of time :-p But I wish I didn't feel that way)
Lex Marie
Feb 02, 2013 Lex Marie rated it it was amazing
This is the first volume so far to follow the plot head-on. It gives further hints on the status of Najika's flan prince and Akane stoops to a new low in the cliffhanger. 5/5 stars for holding me in such suspense!
Starbubbles
Feb 28, 2010 Starbubbles rated it really liked it
najika, daichi, and sora give eachother lots and lots of gifts. cute, but they seem to stretch it to find reasons for giving things to eachother. if you like giving gifts, that can be the reason. geez!
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Jan 21, 2016 Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Akane [I HATE her] steals a gift [a watch] that Daichi bought for Najika. I love Daichi and Najika together!
Anaee
Jul 09, 2015 Anaee rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The Sensei part at Hokkaido was cute, I'm glad she's better.
But Akane...and here I thought she was starting to get better.
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 02
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 02 (Gakuen Alice, #2)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 2 (Beauty Pop, #2)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 6
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 1
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Kitchen Princess (10 books)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 05 (Kitchen Princess, #5)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 07 (Kitchen Princess, #7)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 09 (Kitchen Princess, #9)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 10 (Kitchen Princess, #10)

“Good food isn't just about the taste.

It's about where and with whom you eat it.”
38 likes
“If there's someone who cares about you…Just knowing that gives me hope.” 15 likes