Start by marking “Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)

Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess #3)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  4,441 ratings  ·  48 reviews
HOME COOKING

Thanks to a magical talent for cooking, Najika is attending Seika Academy, a top private school. Najika believes that the boy who once saved her life, her "prince," must be one of her fellow students. When Najika isn't trying to find her mystery boy, she's working at the nearby Fujita Diner. But when it looks like the diner might close, and jealous classmate Ak
Published July 31st 2007 by Del Rey Books (first published December 6th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
149th out of 601 books — 1,372 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoKingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 by Shiro AmanoFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya
List of Awesome Manga/Graphic Novels!
124th out of 358 books — 163 voters

More lists with this book...

Walaa
Jul 26, 2015 Walaa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
akane i really hate you, don't pretend that you're a good one
all of your kindness with najika , you smashed it when it related to Daici, damn you bitch

this series closed to reality
i like it even with the hate of akane
Sesana
I love Kitchen Princess for its art, but mostly for the sweet and earnest characters, especially Najika. I also like the ongoing rehabilitation of former mean girl, Akane. It's still a work in progress, but I like that it is happening. The last chapter in this volume was a bit of a tear-jerker. As a whole, though, sweet and light as Najika's desserts.
Bianca
Feb 09, 2011 Bianca added it
This is the best series I've read in ages. It's been hard to put down since I started and I read every chance I get.

I do believe that a lot of my love towards this series goes to me being a glutton and a sucker for sugary sweets, but the story is fantastic. Najika is the regular good-girl main character that helps everyone - even the bad guys - out whenever she gets the chance and they eventually warm up to her after she cooks something amazing. Well, there's more behind the cooking but yeah. An
Ceci
Awesome book!!can't wait to read rest series!!!!!!
Lori Rivas
heck of a good series
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rated this 3.5 stars.

One of the reasons why I rated this book less than 4 stars is because like in many other shojo mangas, especially contemporary ones, there are always mean girls and one or more jealous b****es. I graduated high school two years ago and there was never as much as jealous and mean girl drama as in these shojo mangas, it's unrealistic, it always annoys me a lot. Why do you think that Sailor Moon and Kodocha are one of my most favourite shojo series ever. There's no mean girl
Lauren
Kitchen Princess is about a girl named Najika who has an extremely positive an upbeat personality. She has been admitted at Seika Academy’s Special Class because she has a talent in cooking. Through various adventures and mishaps she struggles to find her way along with the help of Daichi and Sora Kitazawa.

I read this series on a whim; I was really into cooking at one point. It is cute and fun, just pure enjoyable reading. I was delighted to find out that there are even recipes for what she make
Nyssa
I think I'm officially sucked in! (view spoiler)

My hopes were dashed as far as Akane-- She's still unlikeable, despite Najika's best efforts. I'm happy to see that Akane's coldness does not make Najika stoop to her level - at least not so far. However, the story has once again stopped at a point where things may change - its a matter of both "if" and "how".

I'm impressed at how smoothly the the romantic elements of the story are coming into play
Mikaela
Hmm.. when i saw the cover.. Najika suddenly reminds me of Kirari of Kirarin Revolution. :)) lol.. anyway, the story is getting really good. on Chapter 12.. i find the girls soo annoying! -_- they're jealous that Sora and Najika are close. tsk! A girl even thought of an idea to close the shop Najika was working at. Since the father of the girl is PTA council. But of course that failed. thanks to Najika's determination on not to close the shop, since it's special to her, she served delicious lunc ...more
Jean
I think I would like this series more if they weren't always being mean to Najika. Are Japanese girls really that jealous and mean to each other? I've seen it in other shojo's but damn. Calm down. Other than that this series reminds me of Fruits basket, with the love triangle between Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki.
Katar Elnada
أعجبني هذا الكتاب كثيرااذ بفضله تعلمت مفردات جديدة في اللغة الانجليزية وانا ممتنة لك وأشكرك على هذا الكتاب المميز
Amy Peavy
Terribly cute and there are simple recipes in the back that they make in the manga!
*Miss Fame*
This was a sweet volume full of a lot of friendship and love and touching moments :-) I wish I knew how to cook (well, actually more like I wish I had even a small interest in cooking...but I don't. Ugh cooking is such a waste of time :-p But I wish I didn't feel that way)
Jayaira
Ooo, ooo, ooooo

Wonder what's going to happen next :O
Anna
The food looks way to delicious... >.<
Sierra
Mar 06, 2015 Sierra added it
love it
MissAnnThrope
Dec 12, 2012 MissAnnThrope rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to MissAnnThrope by: Sara
11 December 2012

Stupid Akane!

Girls are still being catty twits in Kitchen Princess, Volume 3: Home Cooking and poor Najika is dealing with the consequences. This type of drama usually puts me off, but Najika singlehandedly keeps me coming back for more. I adore her so much.

As Najika travels home to visit Hagio-sensei, she comes close to unraveling the mystery of her Flan Prince. Ooh, who will it be?

I love the surprise about Fujita-san!
Matti Karjalainen
"Luuletko pääseväsi pälkähästä vaikka särjit ihanat kananmunani?!"

Natsumi Andon ja Miyuki Kobayashin "Kitchen Princess 3" (Egmont, 2010) jatkaa hyväksi havaitulla linjalla, jossa huippuakatemian oppilaat laittavat ruokaa ja selvittelevät entistä kimurantimmaksi käyviä ihmissuhteitaan. En ole varmasti suunniteltua kohderyhmää, mutta tätä lukee silti ihan mielellään!
Kayla Eklund
This series just continues to get better and better. I'm glad that I stumbled upon it on Pintrest. I love Najika and the guys. They have a lot of chemistry together. I thought I was going to like Akane as well, but not after she pulled what she did at the end. What a bitch. I;m starting volume four immediately.
FairyTailBrat
I really wanna try the polka dot pancake recipe now.
Lex Marie
This is the first volume so far to follow the plot head-on. It gives further hints on the status of Najika's flan prince and Akane stoops to a new low in the cliffhanger. 5/5 stars for holding me in such suspense!
Starbubbles
najika, daichi, and sora give eachother lots and lots of gifts. cute, but they seem to stretch it to find reasons for giving things to eachother. if you like giving gifts, that can be the reason. geez!
Teresa Campos
sosa is going to a piano commpitition and found out that najika that she tolled daichi if he was her flan prince but no it is sosa. when sosa gets back he will tell najika
Qiana King
Keana
Jul 19, 2013 Keana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: anime
This just made my heart beat faster and my stomach growl. I keep dreaming for a fairy tale that won't happen but I get to escape reality through reading this.
Anaee
Jul 09, 2015 Anaee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
The Sensei part at Hokkaido was cute, I'm glad she's better.
But Akane...and here I thought she was starting to get better.
Rebecca Ann
Sooo cute. Slowly but surely the love triangle is coming to light with so many delicious recipes along the way ;P.
Xandraya C.
Great book/Series. I would read it over again, also it's cute how each book comes with the recipes made in the story <3
Tasia
It was a sweet story, but I can't get over Akane. >.> It's a miracle someone hasn't given her a good talking-to yet.
Dana Al-Basha
Akane [I HATE her] steals a gift [a watch] that Daichi bought for Najika. I love Daichi and Najika together!
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 3 (Beauty Pop, #3)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 02 (Gakuen Alice, #2)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 07
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Kitchen Princess (10 books)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 05 (Kitchen Princess, #5)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 07 (Kitchen Princess, #7)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 09 (Kitchen Princess, #9)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 10 (Kitchen Princess, #10)
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)

“Good food isn't just about the taste.

It's about where and with whom you eat it.”
38 likes
“If there's someone who cares about you…Just knowing that gives me hope.” 15 likes