Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))

Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  12 reviews
By implementing effective Web marketing strategies, you can quickly build a successful Web site and business. But how do you take on search engine optimization and search engine marketing to achieve the results you want? "Web Marketing For Dummies, 2nd Edition" shows you how This guide helps you apply your marketing knowledge to the Web world, taking you on the path to onl...more
Published December 10th 2008 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies

David Roberts
The book I read to research this post was Web Marketing For Dummies 2nd edition which is a very good book which I read at http://safaribooksonline.com

This book looks at the various ways you can promote your business and business website and seems more aimed at smaller companies. One thing you have to work out in business is first the demographics of your typical customers so you know how to tailor your advertising and then how much does the average customer spend both each time they buy and over...more
Socialbookshelves.com
Now we're talking, a 'For Dummies' book that actually delivers an excellent overview of the subject that it promises to cover. If you've been a SocialBookshelves.com reader for a while, you've probably noticed that I get through quite a lot of For Dummies books, and most of the time they're either too simple or they attempt to cover a subject so broad that it's impossible to fit it all in.

Web Marketing for Dummies risked fitting in to the latter, but it gets around the problem of ever-evolving i...more
Dione Sage
Web Marketing for Dummies by Jan Zimmerman is a book for people to refer to for help with online marketing campaigns. It covers start up and basics as well as techniques to use in order to draw in more online traffic. I used this book as a reference for a career that I was in and found it helpful. Although online marketing is a little more complex than it is described in the book I still found the book to be helpful and it did provide other sites for me to research that led to a thorough and var...more
Borisr
As a newcomer, its always nice to open a book for dummies. Its always an interesting read. My only disapointment regarding this one would be that it's much more directed towards people opening an online portal for their shop. Because of that, an important part of this book was disapointing because almost of topic. The book answers question about the difference between your everyday shop and an online shop. These can be interesting but in the end made the book a lot less interesting.
Tamara
Jan 23, 2008 Tamara rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: small business start-ups
Shelves: work, web, non-fiction
I wanted to be able to relate this to libraries, but it was mostly focused on the actual mechanics of selling (which is already being taken care of with our current catalog.)

Definitely a good resource for businesses starting from the ground up.
Chris
Pretty good overview of web marketing and even current enough to touch on social media marketing. I would make this your first read in this area as it is a very topical overview of the field without going in to much detail.
Jenny
This book is a very brief and simple overview of web marketing tactics. Anyone how requires some very basic information would get a lot of out of this one.

Alex
got a netvibes account after reading it, so i got that going for me :)
Jand
I am building a website for my company so it is helpful!
Nura Yusof
Good read. Recommended.
Matt
Jun 18, 2008 Matt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone starting a web business
Dummies books have always been a great way to learn something quickly. This book is excellent for those trying to start a web based business. Although the industry changes so rapidly, this book does provide a great foundation. It however does make it seem that web marketing is a very easy thing to do, which it is not.
Costas Detroit
Costas Detroit marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Tracy Earp
Tracy Earp is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2014
Hape
Hape marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Bryan De
Bryan De marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Fred Tyre
Fred Tyre marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Ali Musa
Ali Musa marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Mo
Mo marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
MEGA-DEEN
MEGA-DEEN marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Hichem Rahmouni
Hichem Rahmouni marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
AnimalLover
AnimalLover marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Social Media Marketing All-In-One for Dummies Social Media Marketing For Dummies Marketing on the Internet: Proven 12-Step Plan for Selling Our Products and Services to Millions Over the Information Highway [With *] Marketing on the Internet: Your Seven-Step Plan for Suceeding in e-Business Now That the Hype Is Over Marketing on the Internet: Adobe Ebook Reader Edition