Start by marking “Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))” as Want to Read:
Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))

Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
By implementing effective Web marketing strategies, you can quickly build a successful Web site and business. But how do you take on search engine optimization and search engine marketing to achieve the results you want? "Web Marketing For Dummies, 2nd Edition" shows you how This guide helps you apply your marketing knowledge to the Web world, taking you on the path to onl ...more
Published December 10th 2008 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Web Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies

David Roberts
Feb 23, 2014 David Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book I read to research this post was Web Marketing For Dummies 2nd edition which is a very good book which I read at http://safaribooksonline.com

This book looks at the various ways you can promote your business and business website and seems more aimed at smaller companies. One thing you have to work out in business is first the demographics of your typical customers so you know how to tailor your advertising and then how much does the average customer spend both each time they buy and over
Socialbookshelves.com
Now we're talking, a 'For Dummies' book that actually delivers an excellent overview of the subject that it promises to cover. If you've been a SocialBookshelves.com reader for a while, you've probably noticed that I get through quite a lot of For Dummies books, and most of the time they're either too simple or they attempt to cover a subject so broad that it's impossible to fit it all in.

Web Marketing for Dummies risked fitting in to the latter, but it gets around the problem of ever-evolving i
Dione Sage
Web Marketing for Dummies by Jan Zimmerman is a book for people to refer to for help with online marketing campaigns. It covers start up and basics as well as techniques to use in order to draw in more online traffic. I used this book as a reference for a career that I was in and found it helpful. Although online marketing is a little more complex than it is described in the book I still found the book to be helpful and it did provide other sites for me to research that led to a thorough and var ...more
Geoff Lynas
Feb 13, 2015 Geoff Lynas rated it liked it
Shelves: business, how-to
Stopped at the half way point as it was clear it was out of date. Clearly lots has happened since 2008. The first half on web site optimisation was useful. Will wait for similar Dummies product due out on 6th April.
Borisr
Dec 01, 2011 Borisr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a newcomer, its always nice to open a book for dummies. Its always an interesting read. My only disapointment regarding this one would be that it's much more directed towards people opening an online portal for their shop. Because of that, an important part of this book was disapointing because almost of topic. The book answers question about the difference between your everyday shop and an online shop. These can be interesting but in the end made the book a lot less interesting.
Tamara
Jan 23, 2008 Tamara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: small business start-ups
Shelves: non-fiction, web, work
I wanted to be able to relate this to libraries, but it was mostly focused on the actual mechanics of selling (which is already being taken care of with our current catalog.)

Definitely a good resource for businesses starting from the ground up.
Chris
Mar 01, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good overview of web marketing and even current enough to touch on social media marketing. I would make this your first read in this area as it is a very topical overview of the field without going in to much detail.
Jenny
Mar 30, 2008 Jenny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is a very brief and simple overview of web marketing tactics. Anyone how requires some very basic information would get a lot of out of this one.

Alex Zakharov
got a netvibes account after reading it, so i got that going for me :)
Jand
Mar 01, 2008 Jand rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I am building a website for my company so it is helpful!
Nura Yusof
Aug 08, 2011 Nura Yusof rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. Recommended.
Matt
Jun 18, 2008 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone starting a web business
Dummies books have always been a great way to learn something quickly. This book is excellent for those trying to start a web based business. Although the industry changes so rapidly, this book does provide a great foundation. It however does make it seem that web marketing is a very easy thing to do, which it is not.
Bushra
Feb 25, 2011 Bushra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wonderful book!
Sebastian Kerr
Sebastian Kerr marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Cynosure342
Cynosure342 marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Ken Sherman
Ken Sherman marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Rohit
Rohit added it
Feb 16, 2016
DeVonn Giddens
DeVonn Giddens marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Victor Siboiu
Victor Siboiu marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Ehtesham
Ehtesham rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
S Thomas
S Thomas marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Malcolm Maynard
Malcolm Maynard rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Marc Royston
Marc Royston rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Jehovah
Jehovah rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015