Start by marking “Dreamfever (Fever, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Dreamfever (Fever #4)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  54,468 ratings  ·  3,145 reviews
MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And...more
Published August 18th 2009 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamfever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamfever

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE -HAPPY DAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!

Well, frak me, spank my petunia and call me Susie!! If your Jericho Barrons, that is. He could call me Susie, Fiona, Mac (Miss Lane if your nasty). Whatever the hell he wants to call me.

Gawd, if you thought Barrons was naughtee with double e's in the other books, I'm here to tell you that he is naughteeeeeee with infinite e's in this one!! Seriously, some of the other girls have already agreed with me that we need to find this man and spank him. So, who's w...more
Kat Kennedy
When I finished this book, I jumped up and down on the bed, tossed junk on the floor and screamed. I pulled at my hair and threw pillows mercilessly at the wall, annoyed that they didn't BREAK the wall and only landed with a less than satisfying thud before tumbling to the ground.

This was an excellent book, as all the others are, with deep and interesting characters, character growth, a brave new world to explore with excellent writing, as I've come to expect from Ms. Moning. Rich in language (t...more
Tatiana
Sep 17, 2012 Tatiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
WTH? Who ends books like this? What was the point? As if I wouldn't read Shadowfever without this awful cliffhanger. Dreamfever's cliffhanger ending really touched my nerve. I was barely able to tolerate Faefever's mid-scene cut-off, mainly because I had the next installment readily available to me, but this time I have to wait for almost 6 months to see what happens! Pardon my language, but that's a fecked up thing to do to the readers!

Ok, I am going to calm down now.

Dreamfever starts where Fa...more
Mo

WOW, great start to this one.

BARRONS

MAC

I always wanted to own a bookshop when I was younger. I was raised on books, no ipods, mac books, ipads, PCs, kindles for lil’ ol’ me. It was Enid Blyton all the way.

Doubt if many bookstores like this even exist anymore, the chains have taken over, the Chapters, the Waterstones, the Easons, the Barnes and Nobles.
“Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not n
Kat Stark and the headless Ned

First Book: Darkfever
Second Book: Bloodfever
Third Book: Faefever

Fifth Book: Shadowfever
Sixth Book (Dani's POV): Iced

Wow. I mean WOW. That was some powerful shit.

It is VIDEO REVIEW worthy. SO HERE YOU GO! <--it also is a little over 10 minutes long. HEADSUP!

WARNING: This sorta has spoilers. I mean lots of theories out there that are just my own, but still if I am right --which I believe so-- then they are MEGA spoilers.

If I am wrong then...poop. It's mostly my reactions to the book anyway so.....more
Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
In my experience, sensory discordance has almost always been limited to audio/visual. For example, seeing Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen (Legolas and Aragorn, to the uninformed---I weep for you) standing next to Peter Jackson. Or maybe drifting off to sleep to the soothing sound of a solo violin, only to be blasted awake by the some angry riffs of Japanese hair metal that for some fucking reason I idiotically decided I want included in my "sleepytime" playlist a few days back.

I didn't know th...more
Flannery

Other thoughts:
(view spoiler)
Christina
I don't get it. Why does it always seem so essential that strong,independent heroines must be treated to a life-altering,almost always traumatic experience in order to come into full bloom? Is it not possible that strength of character is naturally-occuring,not forced out by necessity? Must it always come down to something? It is something I have encountered in one too many books lately.

That's what really bothered me in Dreamfever.I absolutely love the Fever series and had grown extremely fond o...more
Jennifer Kyle
*5 Fecking Stars*

description

After the way the last book ended I had to go immediately into this one and let me tell you…it was intense, action packed and oh so sexy.

Mac has been turned Pri-ya after the brutal ending of the last book. There is only one who can save her and bring her back and oh friends he sure does!

” “Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not need to try. I will never feel differently."

Embarrassm...more
Lora
For those who don't have Facebook and didn't see this . . .

Moning posted a deleted scene from Dreamfever on her Facebook page on 4/21/13. Here it is in full, but be warned, it is spoilery unless you've read all of Dreamfever:

Deleted Scene/DREAMFEVER

“You’re not the only fucking one that got branded!” Barrons slammed his fist into the wall behind my head. Bits of plaster dusted my shoulders.

Oh, really? I wasn’t the only one walking around with a mark on me I didn’t want? Our gazes locked and I je
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 and then some millions Petunia-kicking and FECKing amazing Stars

We’re taking back the night!

I am Mac. And I‘m back...

description

Sisters.... after THAT ending I am starting the next and when my heart starts slowing down and I am sure that I won't die, I am promising you one HELL of a review deserving of this tremendously amazing book!

Jericho, MY LOVE, what the HELL??

♡Karlyn P♡
Whew! What a fecken rush!! Just finished it!
(NO SPOILERS, just my thoughts.)

Love the series and this book! Despite it being nearly midnight here, I don't think I'll be able to sleep for several hours as I need to clear my mind and decrease my heart rate. If you've already read this book, you know how hard that is going to be!

The paranormal elements of the series is really starting to intensify, with more creatures, magic, danger and worldly realms. I am completed sucked into this world.

The st...more
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)
You tried, you really did. You thought that it would be enough, prayed that it would be enough. But it wasn’t. The four horsemen have come, the world as you know it is over and you had a front row seat for its demise.

But don’t worry, it gets worse. Your will has been stripped from you, you’ve been violated on every conceivable level, your enemies have turned you into a mindless slave and you’re totally and completely alone.

…or so you think.

What would you do in this situation? With the fate of...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

MONING KNOWS HOW TO FUCK WITH ME!

She expertly teases you to the point of sobbing, until you’re dying from anticipation. When you think you know what to expect, she completely turns you for a loop and you are left feeling exasperated. But even when you don’t think you can handle anymore, her writing gnaws at you until you give in to your next fix.

I’ve grown mad over this series and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

DREAMFEVER was my favourite of the Fever series. Readin...more
Giselle
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? If I didn't have book #5 I would be FURIOUS. She can't leave us hanging like THAT!! Mean, mean woman!

Oh my god. This book ends on a Huge cliffhanger so beware! In this 4th instalment, all hell has broken loose and Mac has been through worse than hell. Or maybe not? I'm not sure. It didn't seem so bad, right? (haha). The novel starts strong and keeps going with tons of energy. But, not surprisingly, the questions are still piling up. We got a teasing glance in Barrons past, but...more
Beth F.
So I actually threw this book across the room when I finished it. I was frustrated and upset and god dammit, I needed more except there wasn't any more to be had. Cliffhanger City. Again! AAARGH!!!

It's a good thing my husband is a sound sleeper, although it did startle both the cats (who've started sleeping with us again now that it's getting chilly at night). And after recovering from my childish burst of emotion, I had to heave my big, pregnant belly out of bed, waddle across the room, bend ov...more
Arlene
Feb 27, 2012 Arlene rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Arlene by: Buddy read - Crystal
Wow! That was an explosive installment! I have to say that I really loved every aspect of Dreamfever. There was so much happening, a ton of game changers, and a constant flow of action that I feel this book really redeemed this series for me in a big way.

It took me over a year to get over what happened to Mac in Faefever. It was hard for me to see a main character that I was really coming to adore violated in a such a horrible way. But in Dreamfever we see a whole new Mac and holy unseelie munc...more
Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Dream stars***

Dreamfever is broken into 3 parts. Mac is still on her journey for answers. Each time she gets close to finding answers something happens to keep her from getting those answers.

PART 1
“Who are you?”
“I am no one.”

PART 2
I am Mac and I am back!
Face what is out there and become stronger for them.

PART 3
I was the hall and the hall was me.
I was all possibles and it was the most terrifying feeling I’ve ever felt.

Holy cliffhangers!

SERIES:
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Burned (Dani O'Malley, #2; Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning Flayed (Dani O'Malley, #3; Fever, #8) by Karen Marie Moning Untitled (Fever, #9) by Karen Marie Moning Untitled (Fever, #10) by Karen Marie Moning
Book 1 - 5 MacKayla & Barron...more
Beatrix

I think that at this point in the series, it’s time for me to stop my marathon reading (it was really hard to stop, trust me) and give this book/series a proper review it deserves.

And I’m in awe. I said to myself I won’t gush too much, but I can’t help it – this is so good. Like, people, why didn’t you tell me about this sooner?

description

So, my three criteria when reading/reviewing are:
the writing style, the plot, the characters.

Somehow, the most important one to me are the characters. We meet t...more
Loederkoningin
What the fuck...Jericho Barrons plays Rob Zombie's Pussy Liquor for a pri-ya Mac. How badass can this man get? Wheww, what can I say...? I mean, I approve.

And dear KMM, if this isn't revenge then I don't know what is. Annoyed and unimpressed as I was with the first book in this series, Darkfever - I even recall labeling that one urban fantasy Stephanie Plum novels: entertaining but hardly impressive - I TAKE IT ALL BACK.

There was a time - merely days ago since these books are all-nighters - whe...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Once again, I'm left in a quandry by Karen Marie Moning's latest "Dreamfever". It doesn't end on quite the same level of cliffhanger as "Faefever", but it was close enough to leave me wondering whether to scream in ecstasy or anguish. Ecstasy because this series is just so darn good...or anguish because now I'll have to wait (probably another year) for the final book of the series "Shadowfever".

This series is intense and DARK. The author has said (several times) that it came to her as a whole an...more
Ronyell
Jericho

Remember when I said that “Faefever” is probably the darkest book in Karen Marie Moning’s famous “Fever” series? Well, I think that the fourth book in the “Fever” series, “Dreamfever” managed to beat “Faefever” in the darkness category by a mere mile with its tragic twists for the characters!

After MacKayla Lane gets brutally taken advantage of by the Lord Master in the last book, she is more determined than ever to bring her sister Alina’s murderer to justice and save the world as the walls betw...more
Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
4.75 Sidhe-Seer stars

photo dreamfevercollage.png

First off I gotta say how glad I am that this is a completed series and that I acquired all of the books at one time, because if I had read that cliffhanger and then had to wait I would have thrown a hissy fit.

Second, this book had me keeping a small notebook at hand to take notes. Me. This is something I never do, and that's how I confirmed what I already knew: that this series is something special.

This book started off very interestingly, I liked seeing things from Dani...more
Kim
Both beginning and ending of this book are... quite something.

I enjoyed the first part very much and I'll have to read the last part again, because so much happened and I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but at the end... Oh Mac (I'm using my disappointed voice here)

Mac keeps on evolving, changing, becoming what's she's meant to be, with Barrons breathing down her neck with every single step she takes (and that's exactly how I like it).

I kinda missed their bantering from the previous books,...more
~Irene~The Trailer Goddess ♥s~Søren~Ben O'Callahan~Joe Callahan~Javier~Spin~Deacon~Isaac~Carlo~
I feel for those who read these books as they came out and had to wait for the next one in order to continue!

I said this in my [super short] review of book 3 but I'll say it again about the ending (book 3 and this one): "WTF???????" I know that "you know who" is alive, however, it raises some questions like (view spoiler). Or m...more
FlibBityFLooB
The first part of the book was written very differently from the other books in the series. I had not been sure at the end of book 3 if the author was going to be forced to use a deus ex machina scenario for the characters to recover from the horrific events that had taken place. I think the way that the author wrote part one of this book actually overcame that need, making a somewhat logical transition for the characters to evolve back to normalcy. At first, I didn’t like how the section of the...more
Crystal~BIG book addict~
4.5 Mind Boggling Stars!

I am keeping this review very vague because so much happens in this one I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read the first three books.

Mac is still trying to figure out who her sister's killer was and doesn't feel like she is getting any closer. For every question she gets answered, 10 more pop up.

photo null_zps731103a1.jpg

The relationship has taken a turn between Mac and Barrons. They have a definitely love/hate relationship.

“Four: If you try to force yourself into my head, I will fo...more
Shawna
Jul 23, 2014 Shawna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of dark urban fantasy
Shelves: pnr-angeldemon-fae-magic-witch-misc, karen-marie-moning, series-fever, urban-fantasy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, amnesia-blackout, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, pnr-vampires, pnr-occult-magic, psychic-special-abilities-powers, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, apocalypse-postapocalyptic-dystopia, assassin-hitman, archaeology-antiquities-scholar, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer, bikers-sexy-as-sin, badasses-hunks-in-leather, hero-brooding, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-alpha‎, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-tattalizing, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, hh-warrior, sizable-packages, tattoos-piercings-body-art, action-adventure-treasure-hunting, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, love-triangle-vying-courtships, 2011-reads, 4-stars, dubious-consent-force-nonconsensual, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, pov-first-person, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-or-heroine-exotic, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-walking-hardon, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hh-addiction-recovery-sobriety, i-read-library, steam-2-warm, highlanders-hunks-in-kilts-scots, pnr-dragons-raptors-shifters, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude, hero-sharp-dressed-man, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, villain-uber-bad-nasty, dark-twisted
4 stars – Urban Fantasy

(view spoiler)
Hershey  (Wants to be Magneto)
1. The Happy Dance

I'm going to do the happy dance now. Why? Because I'm happy. Duh.

This book was effing dark. Hands down. Real, creepy, uber dark. Just when you think things can't get worse. They do. I'm surprised by how well Moning has crafted this story. It's always on the spinning, toppling, spiraling mode. Never on a stand still mode.

2. The Congratulatory Episode

I've read about two hundred and odd books till now. I've come across some fantastic characters. Some are plain awesome, some are...more
CamRebel

*SUPER Spoilers e parole in libertà ahead*

Well, that was... Intense.
I'm at a point where all the anguish, drama, and suffering in this series is really weighing on me.
It's been dark since the beginning, yes, but from the third book's ending on it really started breaking my heart piece after piece and fucking with my mind over and over again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A few months ago I claimed that I'd have never found another Fantasy series as good and addicting as Susan Ee's Angelfall, but I have to correct my statemen...more
Moning Maniacs: Dreamfever (Book #4) 168 333 Sep 15, 2014 03:12PM
Karen Marie Moning: I need help 3 40 Nov 22, 2013 06:39PM
Can anyone make sense of JZB? 19 167 Nov 22, 2013 04:57PM
Strong female characters in romance 12 180 May 23, 2013 03:51AM
Buddy Read Zone: Dreamfever 532 67 May 06, 2013 11:49AM
Saucy Wenches Boo...: Fever Group Read--Dreamfever 6 14 Feb 25, 2013 04:18PM
Quote from the Book 2 74 Nov 27, 2012 11:36AM
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #3)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Shadow Reader (Shadow Reader, #1)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson #4)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
Karen Marie Moning (rhymes with 'awning') is a # 1 New York Times bestselling author of 15 novels, including the RITA award-winning Highlander novels and the internationally bestselling urban fantasy "Fever" series. Her books have been published in nearly 40 languages, and her events draw fans from all over the world.

Moning graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor's degree in Society and...more
More about Karen Marie Moning...
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Faefever (Fever, #3) Bloodfever (Fever, #2) Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.” 781 likes
“He shakes me."Say my name."
"No."
"Damn it,would you just cooperate?"
"I do not know that word,'cooperate.'"
"Obviously,"he growls.
"I think you make up words."
"I do not make up words."
"Do,too."
"Do not."
"Too."
"Not."
I laugh
"Woman you make me crazed,"he mutters.
We do this often.Get into childish arguments.He is stubborn,my beast.”
446 likes