Start by marking “Dreamfever (Fever, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Dreamfever (Fever #4)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  71,946 Ratings  ·  3,911 Reviews
MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And ...more
Published August 18th 2009 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Dreamfever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamfever

Well, frak me, spank my petunia and call me Susie!! If your Jericho Barrons, that is. He could call me Susie, Fiona, Mac (Miss Lane if your nasty). Whatever the hell he wants to call me.

Gawd, if you thought Barrons was naughtee with double e's in the other books, I'm here to tell you that he is naughteeeeeee with infinite e's in this one!! Seriously, some of the other girls have already agreed with me that we need to find this man and spank him. So, who's w
Kat Kennedy
Dec 27, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it it was amazing
When I finished this book, I jumped up and down on the bed, tossed junk on the floor and screamed. I pulled at my hair and threw pillows mercilessly at the wall, annoyed that they didn't BREAK the wall and only landed with a less than satisfying thud before tumbling to the ground.

This was an excellent book, as all the others are, with deep and interesting characters, character growth, a brave new world to explore with excellent writing, as I've come to expect from Ms. Moning. Rich in language (t
Dec 22, 2014 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
WTH? Who ends books like this? What was the point? As if I wouldn't read Shadowfever without this awful cliffhanger. Dreamfever's cliffhanger ending really touched my nerve. I was barely able to tolerate Faefever's mid-scene cut-off, mainly because I had the next installment readily available to me, but this time I have to wait for almost 6 months to see what happens! Pardon my language, but that's a fecked up thing to do to the readers!

Ok, I am going to calm down now.

Dreamfever starts where Fa
Nov 13, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars

WOW, great start to this one.

I always wanted to own a bookshop when I was younger. I was raised on books, no ipods, mac books, ipads, PCs, kindles for lil’ ol’ me. It was Enid Blyton all the way.

Doubt if many bookstores like this even exist anymore, the chains have taken over, the Chapters, the Waterstones, the Easons, the Barnes and Nobles.
“Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not n
Khanh (the Grinch)
In my experience, sensory discordance has almost always been limited to audio/visual. For example, seeing Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen (Legolas and Aragorn, to the uninformed---I weep for you) standing next to Peter Jackson. Or maybe drifting off to sleep to the soothing sound of a solo violin, only to be blasted awake by the some angry riffs of Japanese hair metal that for some fucking reason I idiotically decided I want included in my "sleepytime" playlist a few days back.

I didn't know th
You tried, you really did. You thought that it would be enough, prayed that it would be enough. But it wasn’t. The four horsemen have come, the world as you know it is over and you had a front row seat for its demise.

But don’t worry, it gets worse. Your will has been stripped from you, you’ve been violated on every conceivable level, your enemies have turned you into a mindless slave and you’re totally and completely alone.

…or so you think.

What would you do in this situation? With the fate of
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Think you'll be getting another review out of me after this reread?
Think again. I don't have time for this. A dead beast awaits .

Original review: November 2014

Out of control buddy read with my MacHalo girls starting November, 24 2014.

Up until a few weeks ago, my life had been pretty much gif-less. I've always been one for words, not for silly images. I'm no longer 15 for God's sake! Well, that's what I was telling myself anyway. Then our in
Oct 14, 2010 Christina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf
I don't get it. Why does it always seem so essential that strong,independent heroines must be treated to a life-altering,almost always traumatic experience in order to come into full bloom? Is it not possible that strength of character is naturally-occuring,not forced out by necessity? Must it always come down to something? It is something I have encountered in one too many books lately.

That's what really bothered me in Dreamfever.I absolutely love the Fever series and had grown extremely fond o
Dec 04, 2013 Lora rated it it was amazing
For those who don't have Facebook and didn't see this . . .

Moning posted a deleted scene from Dreamfever on her Facebook page on 4/21/13. Here it is in full, but be warned, it is spoilery unless you've read all of Dreamfever:

Deleted Scene/DREAMFEVER

“You’re not the only fucking one that got branded!” Barrons slammed his fist into the wall behind my head. Bits of plaster dusted my shoulders.

Oh, really? I wasn’t the only one walking around with a mark on me I didn’t want? Our gazes locked and I je
Lindsey Rey
Jul 12, 2015 Lindsey Rey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2015
[4.5 Stars]

Other thoughts:
Alex is The Romance Fox

from Mac's Journal............I am so enthralled by Mac and the world she has discovered never existed in her previous life and I follow her wherever she goes.

I am so immersed in this series…..just can’t get enough!!!!!
After being left breathless…again…by the cliffhanger in Faefever…see my review I needed to find out what happens Mac…what could possibly be worse than her experience with the Unseelie Princes?? Suddenly real
Jennifer Kyle
*5 Fecking Stars*

After the way the last book ended I had to go immediately into this one and let me tell you…it was intense, action packed and oh so sexy.

Mac has been turned Pri-ya after the brutal ending of the last book. There is only one who can save her and bring her back and oh friends he sure does!

” “Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not need to try. I will never feel differently."

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 and then some millions Petunia-kicking and FECKing amazing Stars

We’re taking back the night!

I am Mac. And I‘m back...

Sisters.... after THAT ending I am starting the next and when my heart starts slowing down and I am sure that I won't die, I am promising you one HELL of a review deserving of this tremendously amazing book!

Jericho, MY LOVE, what the HELL??

Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*
4 Stars

Well that was an

Dreamfever is both my favourite AND least favourite book in this series, thus far. How is that a thing, you ask? I DON’T KNOW!!

This is a story of hells and heavens, lies and truths, reality and surrealism. I am well aware I make no sense right now.

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.”

And I mourn that loss, even as I know that the world needs you. The world needs you back, healthy, strong. You thought you had broken before, when you lost Alina, but there are so many more ways
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
Third Read November 2015: 4 stars
Second Read November 2014: 5 stars
First Read September 2014: 5 stars

New thoughts on the third read: I give the first 11% of this book a million stars! The ending is fantastic! The middle? Ehhhhhhh. I struggled with it. It was boring and all about the drama with the sidhe-seers, and I just don't care about them. It's important for the world-building, and I understand it, but it's my third time reading it, and it didn't interest me much. So I am deducting a star.
♡Karlyn P♡
Whew! What a fecken rush!! Just finished it!
(NO SPOILERS, just my thoughts.)

Love the series and this book! Despite it being nearly midnight here, I don't think I'll be able to sleep for several hours as I need to clear my mind and decrease my heart rate. If you've already read this book, you know how hard that is going to be!

The paranormal elements of the series is really starting to intensify, with more creatures, magic, danger and worldly realms. I am completed sucked into this world.

The st
If you couldn't already tell, I'm infatuated with this series. Not only will I re-read all the books over and over again, but Barrons has taken top spot as the literary man of my dreams (sorry Atticus Finch) - and I still have one book to go, which I am not ready for because good things can't and shouldn't end.

Dreamfever is, for lack of better words, fucking AWESOME. Stuff finally happens. Questions are finally answered. Mac is the fiery and fierce heroine I've come to lurve and Barrons just doe
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

She expertly teases you to the point of sobbing, until you’re dying from anticipation. When you think you know what to expect, she completely turns you for a loop and you are left feeling exasperated. But even when you don’t think you can handle anymore, her writing gnaws at you until you give in to your next fix.

I’ve grown mad over this series and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

DREAMFEVER was my favourite of the Fever series. Readin
Jan 01, 2016 ☆☽Erica☾☆ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: err'one
Recommended to ☆☽Erica☾☆ by: myself

I'm dying inside.

This is such an epic fucking STORY.

Like in the same way that Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones is a story.

They all take storytelling to its most fundamental and beautiful form.

This author is telling something, not a ego-filled conceptualization of their own fantasies filled with melodrama to cushion the lack of true plot. THERE IS ACTUALLY A STORY TO TELL.

And holy fuck does Karen Marie Moning have stuff to say.

Super recommend.
Sep 08, 2011 Giselle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, paranormal, adult
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? If I didn't have book #5 I would be FURIOUS. She can't leave us hanging like THAT!! Mean, mean woman!

Oh my god. This book ends on a Huge cliffhanger so beware! In this 4th instalment, all hell has broken loose and Mac has been through worse than hell. Or maybe not? I'm not sure. It didn't seem so bad, right? (haha). The novel starts strong and keeps going with tons of energy. But, not surprisingly, the questions are still piling up. We got a teasing glance in Barrons past, but
Beth F.
So I actually threw this book across the room when I finished it. I was frustrated and upset and god dammit, I needed more except there wasn't any more to be had. Cliffhanger City. Again! AAARGH!!!

It's a good thing my husband is a sound sleeper, although it did startle both the cats (who've started sleeping with us again now that it's getting chilly at night). And after recovering from my childish burst of emotion, I had to heave my big, pregnant belly out of bed, waddle across the room, bend ov
Liz* Fashionably Late
First Re-read: November 2014

"Now I've lost everything."

And I just dove in thinking: "Hey, I know what will happen. It's perfectly okay." But I'll tell you the truth:

You told me I was your world.
(view spoiler)

"If he touched me right now, I might be nice. If he was nice right now, I might touch him."
(view spoiler)

"Do you miss fucking me, Ms. Lane?" he purred against my ear. [...] “You want more of me, don’t you, Barrons? I got under your skin deep. I hope you
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
You know you have it bad for a series when you think: "If I start reading now, I'll finish this book by midnight, start the next one and if I put it down by 3am then I am still able to get six hours of uninterrupted sleep which means I can finish it tomorrow before work and suffer through the brutal book hangover over the weekend."

Not even sorry.
Emily May
May 17, 2015 Emily May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Plot: 5 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Writing: 5 stars
Sexiness: 5 stars (off the scale)
Ending: 5 stars

Overall: 5 stars

Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Dream stars***

Dreamfever is broken into 3 parts. Mac is still on her journey for answers. Each time she gets close to finding answers something happens to keep her from getting those answers.

“Who are you?”
“I am no one.”

I am Mac and I am back!
Face what is out there and become stronger for them.

I was the hall and the hall was me.
I was all possibles and it was the most terrifying feeling I’ve ever felt.

Holy cliffhangers!

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Burned (Dani O'Malley, #2; Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning Flayed (Dani O'Malley, #3; Fever, #8) by Karen Marie Moning Untitled (Fever, #9) by Karen Marie Moning Untitled (Fever, #10) by Karen Marie Moning
Book 1 - 5 MacKayla & Bar
Erica Ravenclaw
Nov 25, 2014 Erica Ravenclaw rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

You guiz. YOU GUIZ.

photo tumblr_lygaw0YBO41rn173ko1_500_zps8gcjwbmq.gif

I'm feeling that icky anxious feeling, I've read these too fast, it's over too soon. If you don't know my feelings about Iced, please see my review, because,for real, I'm not ready for this to be over.

Bonus: I'm coming up on completing my 3rd reread (although I've read Iced serval times, don't look at me like that, you don't know my life) and I can not foresee a future where once a year, I don't get a hankering to READ THEM ALL AG
May 28, 2015 Alice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I'm at a loss for words..just.. WOW.
Pre-review:I am still not sure if I want to read this sequel, after suffering three books, I think I have had enough.

And today I read this review:

Feb 27, 2012 Arlene rated it really liked it
Recommended to Arlene by: Buddy read - Crystal
Wow! That was an explosive installment! I have to say that I really loved every aspect of Dreamfever. There was so much happening, a ton of game changers, and a constant flow of action that I feel this book really redeemed this series for me in a big way.

It took me over a year to get over what happened to Mac in Faefever. It was hard for me to see a main character that I was really coming to adore violated in a such a horrible way. But in Dreamfever we see a whole new Mac and holy unseelie munc
Moning Maniacs: Dreamfever (Book #4) 170 385 Oct 01, 2015 08:33AM
Turning Pages At ...: Dreamfever (Fever #4) by Karen Marie Moning 15 22 May 18, 2015 07:24AM
LIVE discussion of Faefever & Dreamfever 1 23 Oct 27, 2014 04:43PM
Karen Marie Moning: I need help 3 52 Nov 22, 2013 06:39PM
Can anyone make sense of JZB? 19 196 Nov 22, 2013 04:57PM
Strong female characters in romance 12 190 May 23, 2013 03:51AM
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Fever (10 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.” 877 likes
“He shakes me."Say my name."
"Damn it,would you just cooperate?"
"I do not know that word,'cooperate.'"
"Obviously,"he growls.
"I think you make up words."
"I do not make up words."
"Do not."
I laugh
"Woman you make me crazed,"he mutters.
We do this often.Get into childish arguments.He is stubborn,my beast.”