Start by marking “The Mirror” as Want to Read:
The Mirror

The Mirror

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A vampire glimpses his reflection in a mirror for the first time in eight hundred years... his victim, a young woman lost in the modern city, finds herself pulled into an ancient quest. Natalia Lincoln's epic tale of obsession, bloodlines, and an undying curse richly evokes medieval Eastern Europe and present-day New York.
Published September 28th 2007 by Space and Time

To ask other readers questions about The Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mirror

Faith Justice
Natalia Lincoln is a new and exciting voice in dark fantasy/sf. I read this book straight through. I went through a "vampire stage" several years ago reading all the stuff by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro and Anne Rice until I burned out. This rekindled my appreciation of the genre - it grabbed me with its new twists and excellent writing. The characters are compelling and tortured, the plot advances at breakneck speed and the ending delivers. I read and write historical fiction and Lincoln did her homew ...more
Linda
The above description next to the title did a good job of describing what the book is about. I've read many paranormal books but I've never read a vampire story like this: small details, a different explanation on how vampires started, and an absorbing account on how one woman comes to terms with her history.

A dark paranormal fantasy, a different take on the vampire theme and a book that calls for a sequel; THE MIRROR conveys a morally complicated story that was written very well. The problem i
Jon Edward
Aug 16, 2009 Jon Edward rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jon Edward by: the author
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not a fan of vampire stories, but this one kept me turning the pages to see what would come next. A young woman on Manhattan's Lower East Side who has "lost" her own identity finds she has something to live for when a vampire drinks her blood, but for some reason leaves her soul. Besides being an entertaining read, Lincoln has enriched my vocabulary: for instance, who knew the word "armamentarium" even existed?

Not for the squeamish.
H
May 06, 2009 H rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Thatan, horror and science fiction readers
A blend of folklore, sci-fi, and fantasy makes this vampire story an unexpectedly good one. The pace is quick, and the story is full of interesting characters and other worldly settings. I read this book in two sittings, and look forward to reading more books by this author.
Bastet
Bastet marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Althea Ann
Althea Ann marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2011
Julie Weaver
Julie Weaver marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2010