Dream A Little Dream: A Tale of Myth And Moonshine

Dream A Little Dream: A Tale of Myth And Moonshine

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Nola and Tina are both girls with problems. They don't know each other yet, though they will; each is a Creator, with the magical ability to turn dreams into reality. That would be a powerful gift--if either knew that she had it. And this world is hard on dreamers. Nola is trapped in a terrible, abusive relationship with a man she once loved, and Tina is an orphan who make...more
Published September 15th 1999 by Tor Fantasy (first published November 15th 1998)

Katrina
This is a bit more adult than anything Piers Anthony I've read thus far. The two main humans have horrible lives: one is in a highly abusive relationship, the other is a street walker to stay alive. They are trying to save the human dreams that keep the world of Kafka alive.

I think this book deserves somewhere around 3.5. If I compare it to Ship Breaker, which I gave a 4, I prefer Ship Breaker...but I did get through this fairly quickly, which if you don't know by now, is one way I judge a book....more
Teresa
Jul 21, 2011 Teresa rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
OMG...either I don't like high fantasy as much as I remember or this book is just terrible! Is Piers Anthony the Nick Cage of the fantasy publishing world? I couldn't force myself to finish this book. I got three-quarters through it and lost interest, didn't care what happened to any of the characters or how the storyline ended.
Briana Cunningham
This book was one of my all-time favourites. I first read it in highschool and I believe I re-read it several times. I have never forgotton the title since then and it's been quite a long time since I first found it. I recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy, adventure and stories with a little bit more reality to it.

MoonTea
I remember vividly reading this on a plane from America to France when I was 15, and it was so alluring I wished the trip lasted even longer!! I remember the beautiful colors especially and extraordinary creatures especially, any youngster looking for a superb fantasy adventure should take a peek into this.
Meghan
This was my first piers anthony book that i have ever read. the characters are described so well. You can actually feel what they are feeling. This is up there as one of my favorite books that i have read. I have read it a few times now. you can get throuh this book fairly fast.
Abigail Early
One of my favorite books back when I was 15, my first of Piers Anthony's books. It was my first book that I also couldn't put down for long, I loved and still love it. To this very day, the storyline and characters I still remember.
Mindy
I read this book in my teens and never forgot it, I loved it so much. I forgot the title but not the story and I just found it on here by accident!!I'm going to have to reread this one
Cristina Garcia
This is one of my favorite books of all time. I love all the elements and characters of the story. A true pleasure to have stumbled upon.
Katherine
This is the first Piers Anthony book I've read. Because of it I'm now a big fan
Kauphee
Kauphee marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Lore
Lore marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Catie Zuckerman
Catie Zuckerman marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Brandi Moreno
Brandi Moreno marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
2manyhounds
2manyhounds marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Josilyn Sakura
Josilyn Sakura marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Me
Me marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Brian Murray
Brian Murray marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

Piers is a self-proclaimed environm...more
More about Piers Anthony...
On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) Castle Roogna (Xanth, #3) Bearing An Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, #2) The Source of Magic (Xanth, #2)