Start by marking “Dream A Little Dream: A Tale of Myth And Moonshine” as Want to Read:
Dream A Little Dream: A Tale of Myth And Moonshine

Dream A Little Dream: A Tale of Myth And Moonshine

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  235 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Nola and Tina are both girls with problems. They don't know each other yet, though they will; each is a Creator, with the magical ability to turn dreams into reality. That would be a powerful gift--if either knew that she had it. And this world is hard on dreamers. Nola is trapped in a terrible, abusive relationship with a man she once loved, and Tina is an orphan who make ...more
Published September 15th 1999 by Tor Fantasy (first published November 15th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Dream A Little Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream A Little Dream

Erika Nelson
Aug 04, 2010 Erika Nelson rated it did not like it
Unreadably bad.
Katrina
Mar 25, 2011 Katrina rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is a bit more adult than anything Piers Anthony I've read thus far. The two main humans have horrible lives: one is in a highly abusive relationship, the other is a street walker to stay alive. They are trying to save the human dreams that keep the world of Kafka alive.

I think this book deserves somewhere around 3.5. If I compare it to Ship Breaker, which I gave a 4, I prefer Ship Breaker...but I did get through this fairly quickly, which if you don't know by now, is one way I judge a book.
Firefly_1824
Jan 27, 2016 Firefly_1824 added it
Shelves: fantasy, owned
This tale wasn't quite believable, and a bit cliche and predictable. Unless you're a hard core Piers Anthony fan, or don't have anything better to read, it's probably not worth the time it takes to read it.
Liz McLain
Feb 18, 2016 Liz McLain rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorite Piers Anthony novels. I could read this book over and over again!
Teresa
Jul 21, 2011 Teresa rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
OMG...either I don't like high fantasy as much as I remember or this book is just terrible! Is Piers Anthony the Nick Cage of the fantasy publishing world? I couldn't force myself to finish this book. I got three-quarters through it and lost interest, didn't care what happened to any of the characters or how the storyline ended.
Briana Cunningham
Jul 17, 2011 Briana Cunningham rated it it was amazing
This book was one of my all-time favourites. I first read it in highschool and I believe I re-read it several times. I have never forgotton the title since then and it's been quite a long time since I first found it. I recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy, adventure and stories with a little bit more reality to it.

Velvetea
Aug 09, 2011 Velvetea rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I remember vividly reading this on a plane from America to France when I was 15, and it was so alluring I wished the trip lasted even longer!! I remember the beautiful colors especially and extraordinary creatures especially, any youngster looking for a superb fantasy adventure should take a peek into this.
Meghan
Jun 09, 2011 Meghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first piers anthony book that i have ever read. the characters are described so well. You can actually feel what they are feeling. This is up there as one of my favorite books that i have read. I have read it a few times now. you can get throuh this book fairly fast.
Abigail Early
Dec 26, 2012 Abigail Early rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
One of my favorite books back when I was 15, my first of Piers Anthony's books. It was my first book that I also couldn't put down for long, I loved and still love it. To this very day, the storyline and characters I still remember.
Mindy
Apr 03, 2013 Mindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I read this book in my teens and never forgot it, I loved it so much. I forgot the title but not the story and I just found it on here by accident!!I'm going to have to reread this one
Cristina Garcia
Nov 24, 2010 Cristina Garcia rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books of all time. I love all the elements and characters of the story. A true pleasure to have stumbled upon.
Katherine
Aug 03, 2011 Katherine rated it it was amazing
This is the first Piers Anthony book I've read. Because of it I'm now a big fan
Lindsey
Mar 05, 2016 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a teen.
Lavender
Lavender marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Dudi
Dudi rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
James A.
James A. marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Skull Altery
Skull Altery marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Michael Neeley
Michael Neeley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Toby Howard
Toby Howard marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Jennifer Kuppinger
Jennifer Kuppinger marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Berardo Ioannoni
Berardo Ioannoni marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Louis Killion
Louis Killion marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Me
Me marked it as to-read
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
  • Return to Centaur (Xanth Graphic Novel, Vol 1)
  • The Stone of the Stars (The Dragon Throne, #1)
  • Blood Relations and Other Plays (REV Ed)
  • Horse Fantastic
  • Shadow Castle
  • Orbit Unlimited
  • Mall Purchase Night
  • Fantasy Life
  • A Wizard in War (Rogue Wizard, #4)
  • The Faeries of Spring Cottage
  • Lackadaisy: Volume #1
  • The Mighty Quinns: Brody (The Mighty Quinns, #13)
  • Heir of Rengarth (Sword and Circlet, #2)
  • Gold Unicorn (Unicorn, #2)
  • There Was an Old Woman
  • The Dark Remains (The Last Rune, #3)
  • World of Warcraft® Dungeon Companion
  • Sunderlies Seeking (Ghatten's Gambit, #1)

Piers is a self-proclaimed environm
More about Piers Anthony...