Start by marking “Trainwreck: My Life as an Idoit” as Want to Read:
Trainwreck: My Life as an Idoit

Trainwreck: My Life as an Idoit

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Growing up a privileged Manhattan kid, Jeff Nichols should have had it all. Instead, he got a plethora of impairments: learning disabilities, a speech impediment, dyslexia, ADD, and a mild case of Tourette's syndrome.

In Trainwreck, his weird and witty memoir of utter dysfunction, Nichols gives an irreverent look at how one "idoit" made good. Bounced from elite private sc...more
Published July 7th 2009 by Touchstone (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Trainwreck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trainwreck

Stephen Bird
"......... When life gives you lemons, not everyone makes lemonade, but in the case of "Train Wreck", Jeff has done just that. Thank the Universe (or whatever cosmic deity you choose) this book is politically incorrect, because if it wasn't, it would have been a bore. As someone who has spent years in the NYC alternative comedy / performance art / Way Off Broadway lowest level of show business (lower than Jeff), I understand how cruel, bleak and depressing the reality of being a writer / perform...more
Natasha Young
This book is absolutely hilarious. It had me at the edge of my seat with laughter and never a dull moment. If you don't have a perverted or any sense of humor I do not recommend this book for you. It's a quick and easy fun read.
Heather
Jeff's story telling expertise had me laughing out loud & recounting episodes to my friends! Having met his step brother and spent a weekend in the 90's at his family's quirky charming house in upstate NY, added another dimension to the witty memoir. Interesting notes on the process of optioning his book to film.
Christopher Jayy
Not very good. I laughed occasionally, and the story was decent, but you could tell that it was edited numerous times and the writing still wasnt very good. It's pretty inspirational in that it makes me want to do something with my life, but i think if i were you i'd save my $14.
Not very good.
Bev
I finished this book in one sitting during a break between my classes. Sentences seemed a bit overcooked and the mostly self-degrading humor didn't successfully appeal to me. Though, I applaud him for the courage to spill such embarrassment and for the way he pointed out the devilish MDMA.
Sara
There is nothing I can say except it allowed me to laugh a lot (like people staring at me on the train or in public) about some of my serious issues, and its been a long time since i have been able to do that.
Jessica
hobart grad wrote this and i didnt realize until page 6. then he wrote atleast 8 pages about hobart that i definitely had moments of, laugh out loud and i am getting away reading this for a grad class
Chris Nitsch
Too many of these books...an not very funny comedian blames his screwed up life on dyslexia. It became not fun at page 25!
Donna Mccarty
Donna Mccarty marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
John Meddaugh iii
John Meddaugh iii marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Carmelo Valone
Carmelo Valone is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2014
Justin Schleifer
Justin Schleifer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Rosalind Johnson liddle
Rosalind Johnson liddle marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Justin Schleifer
Justin Schleifer marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Roy Howard
Roy Howard is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Caught: One Man's Maniacal Pursuit of a Sixty Pound Striped Bass and His Experiences with the Black Market Fishing Industry The Little Yellow Bus: A Special Education Memior The Mystery Man Mud: The Shooting Script The British Mystery Man: #1 True Murder Mystery Novella from England