Start by marking “Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15)” as Want to Read:
Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15)

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum #15)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  69,581 Ratings  ·  3,754 Reviews
Unbuckle your belt and pull up a chair. It's the spiciest, sauciest, most rib-sticking Plum yet.

Recipe for disaster: Celebrity chef Stanley Chipotle comes to Trenton in a barbecue cookoff and loses his head - literally.

Throw in some spice: Bail bonds office worker Lula is witness to the crime, and the only one she'll talk to is Trenton cop Joe Morelli.

Pump up the heat: Chi
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 308 pages
Published June 23rd 2009 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Finger Lickin' Fifteen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finger Lickin' Fifteen

Life of Pi by Yann MartelWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienEragon by Christopher Paolini
What To Read Next
10,725 books — 19,791 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareAn Echo in the Bone by Diana GabaldonBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
Best Books of 2009
1,551 books — 6,875 voters

More lists with this book...

Krystal
Jun 14, 2009 Krystal rated it it was ok
It's a compulsion. Though I'm no longer a huge fan, I seem unable to NOT read the books at this point. We'll see if that lasts.
I could almost write the same review here that I did for number 14. The irony I found in this one is that Stephanie herself is constantly lamenting in it that her life is at a standstill, that it doesn't appear that she has grown, that she still has the same crap apartment, job that she doesn't like but doesnt' hate, the same two men, the same back and forth between sai
Jilly
May 17, 2016 Jilly rated it it was ok
This was boring. And, not only that but for some reason Janet Evanovich decided that the funny and zany antics of Stephanie Plum needed a new crucial ingredient: fart jokes.

no, not so much

Seriously? Does she think her reading audience is a group of ten year old boys? Because, last I heard, grown ass women aren't real fans of the fart jokes. I know I'm not. I just feel like she is either really out-of-touch with her audience, or she's just plain old out of ideas.
Probably both.

just like Hollywood
Kara
Oct 25, 2010 Kara rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize that I hadn't put these on my Goodreads so I just did. It has been so long that I can not individually review them. However, I did read a review on this one (to make sure I had read it) and found something interesting that I will comment on. Some reviewers are saying that they have lost interest because the plot is similar, the characters aren't growing, the romance is at a standstill, Stephanie is in the same crap job and same crap apartment (not the same crap car-she has blown ...more
Tammy
Mar 24, 2009 Tammy rated it really liked it
The barbecue sauce hits the ceiling - literally! - in this fifteenth installment of the Stephanie Plum series.

Lula witnesses the murder of a celebrity chef. She enters a cooking contest to catch the murderers and claim the $1 million reward. Ranger needs help solving a breach within his security company. He recruits Stephanie to work at Rangeman again. Ready. Set. Mystery!

***** SPOILER *****

NO ROMANCE in this one. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I needed my cupcake fix and am highly disappointed I didn't ge
Charlotte
Jul 21, 2009 Charlotte rated it liked it
I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I think I'm getting bored of Stephanie Plum and her dumb antics. How anyone as stupid as she gets not just one, but two wicked hot guys hot on her tail, and solves the crime (sorta) is beyond me. I think the books have become too Lula focused and frankly, almost too slapstick in the humor. I don't think the writing is as tight as it used to be, nor do I feel as if any of the characters have much depth anymore.

So, having said this, will I stop reading them? No
Kari
Jun 14, 2009 Kari rated it did not like it
This series is fast going downhill. It's become very formulaic: every book, Stephanie will lose a car (most probably thru fire and/or explosion); every book, Stephanie's apartment will suffer some sort of damage; every book, Stephanie will end up in Ranger's bed (although it's usually fairly platonic) and yet she still has such "hot" feelings for Morelli; every book, Stephanie will end up losing a skip she's "this close" to apprehending, etc., etc., etc. The only variation from pattern that this ...more
Patricia
Jul 06, 2009 Patricia rated it did not like it
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
I loved this one just as much as the other books in the series. They are all a guilty pleasure of mine and I can always guarantee that I will have a good laugh whenever I read a Stephanie Plum novel. Highly recommended of course!
Jordan Price
Robyn
Aug 21, 2009 Robyn rated it did not like it
I also was extremely disappointed in this book. I had re-read all of the Plum books this spring and summer in anticipation of this one, and you can definitely see the decline. One of my many complaints in this book was that I got the feeling the author was trying to make Lula seem so unpredictable and funny -- i.e., I like to eat; therefore I will probably be a great cook, etc. -- when it just made her seem really stupid. Going around trying to barbecue and ruining everyone's kitchens, HAHA. Not ...more
Leslie
Sep 04, 2015 Leslie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, audiobooks
2.5★

Lorelei King's excellent narration, especially the voices of Lula and Ranger, gained this book an extra star. Evanovich's book was a reminder of why I stopped reading this series -- none of the characters grow or change. Instead, this 15th book in the series has Stephanie Plum still relying on her male friends/lovers to bail her out and help her do her job (and Lula doesn't seem to do any work at all!) and still unable to choose between Ranger and Morelli. The various incidents with her "ski
Michael
Aug 18, 2009 Michael rated it it was ok
Finger Lickin' Fifteen is the latest book in the Stephanie Plum series. Personally, I did not feel it was one of the strong points. I felt there were too many separate storylines going on in this book to the point where all organization is lost. I was partially confused with keeping track of all of Stephanie's FTAs, Stanley Chipotle's murderers, and Ranger's robber situation. I also felt that the Chipotle murder (the main case of the novel) was wrapped up a little disjointedly.

Nonetheless, the

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Fire!
Worst Part: No sexual tension!
Thoughts Had: eh!; NAKED!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: NAKED RANGER. AND FIRES! That's sums up this whole book. Ra
Kelly
Jun 23, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Pure fluff, and I LOVE IT!! I laughed the entire 3 1/2 hours it took me to read this. A whole lot of BBQ and Lula is the center of attention in this one after she witnesses a murder and the thugs spend the entire book trying to kill her off. This one is over the top (yes, I know they all are, but this one seems more so than others.).

I don't want the series to end, but how long can Evanovich sustain the Stephanie/Morelli/Ranger triangle before we get sick of it. I'd rather the series end on a hi
Anushka
This book was more about Lula than Stephanie but it's fine by me 'coz it did not lack anything in the humor department. The storyline, though...can't say the same for it. It seemed too haphazard and oddly paced most of the times.
These books are highly entertaining nonetheless and I shall read the next one soon. :D
Dagny
Jul 13, 2013 Dagny rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun book! One of the funniest ones yet. Imagine all those family dinners - in this book, Mom is trying to fix Stephanie up with a future husband and keeps asking blind dates to dinner for her. Then there is the barbeque - assuming you can picture Lula, Stephanie and Grandma Mazur cooking. All in all, the more absurd and ridiculous the scene, the harder I laughed.
LizH
Jan 21, 2009 LizH rated it it was ok
I am not sure I will continue with this series. Nothing original in the last 5 or 6 years. Stephanie still doesn't have her act together, she still can't commit, she still has her cars blown up. It is getting VERY tiring. Too much of a formula story. Very disappointing.
Sleepless in...wherever (no good without caramel macchiato)
Finally I got me some dose of Ranger. Not nearly as much as I wanted (can I please have a Ranger-centered book without Morelli?), but I admit I can live off of one "babe" for an embarrassingly long amount of time. So, anyway. Ranger got himself in a bit of a pickle - someone's messing with his business, and he needs Stephanie to help figure out the culprit. Personally, I just think he employs her just for kicks, not like he reeeeeeaaaaaaaaly needs her "expertise". I mean the man is as close to a ...more
Dorothy
Jul 16, 2009 Dorothy rated it it was ok
So what's with Evanonvich's sudden obsession with farts? And why is it that only one of her characters performs this most human of functions? It seems like on every third page of this book Lula lets go another big one. Always Lula. Obviously, it is supposed to be hilarious. Now if RANGER let go a big one, that would be truly hilarious! Oh, I forgot. Ranger is perfect. He doesn't fart.

And herein lies my problem with this book. Yes, it is another quick, funny trip through the whacked-out landscape
Lindsey
Jan 06, 2011 Lindsey rated it did not like it
I would give this book 0 stars if I could.
Unlike many of the reviewers, this is the first book I've read in the Stephanie Plum series. I will never read another.
I was hoping for a breezy "beach read" that I could enjoy without much thought. What i found was an infuriating read that I considered ripping up and throwing in the trash several times.
I had a huge problem with Stephanie Plum and the rest of the female characters in the book. Evanovich seems to glorify their stupidity and reliance on me
Liza Gilbert
Jul 28, 2009 Liza Gilbert rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Ugh. I really enjoyed the first several books in the Stephanie Plum series. When One for the Money came out I remember how so many people found Evanovich's balls-to-the-walls humor to be innovative not only in the mystery genre but also in genre fiction as a whole.
The story in Finger Lickin' Fifteen is not only old and stale, it has patches of that nasty, black, moldy fungus on it. Half way through the book the reader is still not sure what the mystery is, exactly, since there has been no build-
Julie
Jul 01, 2009 Julie rated it did not like it
Big waste of money! I've read all the books in the series and it's gone down hill for the last few books. I think it's time to stick a fork in Stephanie Plum, she's lost all the fun. The great things about the series that made it last so long are far behind. It's grown extremely repetitive and boring. I had high hopes in this book bringing back some of the great characters and spark of laughter it once had but for me it's gone and as lame as this book was it's probably never coming back. Maybe I ...more
Cathy
May 27, 2009 Cathy rated it really liked it
I'm getting this from the library first. I've enjoyed the last few, but they were double spaced with lots of blank pages. Just not enough substance for me to pre-order, as I used to do.
--------
Much better than the last few on the above issue, thank goodness. I will probably buy it at some point to keep my collection updated.
--------
It was a perfect Stephanie Plum book. I laughed out loud more times than I can count. More cars were destroyed than ever. The Lula-Grandma Mazur action continues to
Katherine
Jun 23, 2009 Katherine rated it it was ok
This book was lacking all away around. The same plots, there just is no substance. Stephanie needs to be growing, and she just is a mess. I'm sorry Ranger would not put up with that, he would be finding some other company to keep. I was expecting to much from this book, so I was deeply disappointed. Wait for the paperback or check it out at the library.
Jamie Collins
Jul 05, 2009 Jamie Collins rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, romance, humor
It's typical of the last few Plum books: funny in spots, too silly in others. I was excited about the Ranger plot, but that turned out to be very unsatisfying in the end. As usual, I enjoyed the first half of the book more than the second half.
Diane
Jul 02, 2009 Diane rated it liked it
Another June has rolled around, and that means another New Jersey bounter hunter Stephanie Plum adventure from author Janet Evanovich. Finger Lickin' Fifteen is one of the more humorous entries in the series.

This book focuses on my favorite characters- Lula, the larger-than-life (in every way) hooker-turned-office assistant, Grandma Mazur, and Stephanie's protector and sometime employer, sexy Ranger.

The crime/mystery storylines (Lula is being chased by bad guys after she witnesses the decapitati
Laurie
Mar 05, 2009 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: janet-evanovich
Regina Martinez
Oct 16, 2015 Regina Martinez rated it really liked it
Stephanie Plum was finally not the target of some sadistic killers, this time Lula finds herself witnessing a crime that puts her in the sights of the killers. Lula as usual is hilarious. I always enjoy her scenes and laugh out loud. Stephanie and Morelli are on the outs, again. Ranger has hired Stephanie to work a job for him, to find out who has been breaking into the places he has fixed with Rangeman security. As usual there is the playful flirting between him and Stephanie. But it's getting ...more
Kaye
Jun 27, 2009 Kaye rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery_suspense
I hate to say it, but I think it's high time to put Stephanie Plum out to pasture. She sets cars on fire (funny the first 10 times it happened, but no longer), Lula eats too much (but honestly, since when does my chick-lit fiction include FART jokes?) and Morelli and Ranger are still hot after Stephanie, for some undisclosed reason. Another thing? Why does Ranger always say "Babe."? That, in this series these days, seems to pass for dialogue. Honestly, I haven't heard "babe" so much, well, since ...more
Amanda McGill
Oct 25, 2016 Amanda McGill rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, audio
Meh. I'm thinking of taking a break from Stephanie Plum.

2 plots in this one. Lula sees 2 men kill a man, who is later discovered as a celebrity chef. The 2 men are now after Lula. Someone is stealing from Rangeman and Ranger is determined to put a end to it. He hires Stephanie to help him stop whoever is stealing from him.

There was hardly any mystery in this novel. I didn't care about the reveals at all.

I'm quickly losing interest in this series.
2015 Reading Chal...: Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich 1 13 Feb 02, 2015 02:59PM
The Women's Myste...: #19 Finger Lickin' Fifteen 1 4 Aug 09, 2013 10:57PM
I want to borrow this 9 96 Jul 25, 2012 04:56AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Finger Lickin' Fifteen 1 2 Feb 13, 2012 11:42AM
Talk about it! 1 25 Feb 28, 2009 09:09AM
  • Foul Play
  • One Hot Mess (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #5)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • I is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone, #9)
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #3)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • Salvation in Death (In Death, #27)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)

“You think I'm gonna feel better eatin' a carrot? Get a grip. There's two idiots out there trying to kill me, and you think I'm gonna waste my last breath on a vegetable? (Lula)” 61 likes
“There were two doors that opened off the hallway. The doors were labeled PUSSY and MOTHERFUCKERS.
"I'm taking the Motherfuckers door," I said to Ranger.
"No way. That's my door."
"Well, I'm sure as hell not taking the Pussy door.”
33 likes