Quarterback Sneak

Quarterback Sneak

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Can an athlete overcome his greatest challenge yet for the only man he's ever loved?

The headline "Quarterbacks Garnett, Patton, Rumored to be Gay" greets Cache Garnett the morning after he wins the football championship, and defeats his biggest rival, Eric Patton. Facing a potentially career-ending knee injury, the last thing Cache wants to deal with is speculation about

Published 2008 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about Quarterback Sneak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quarterback Sneak

Tigers and Devils by Sean KennedyCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanThe Locker Room by Amy LaneStr8te Boys by Evangeline AndersonHeart in Hand by salifiable
Best Gay Athletes
18th out of 228 books — 447 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
276th out of 1,641 books — 2,141 voters

More lists with this book...

Professional football is a stage, setting, and pressure cooker for a highly charged macho atmosphere AND a fabulous inspiration for endless fantasies! :D The pounding, pumping, and release! *sigh* I do love my football. And it’s back! Football season is here again. So what better way to celebrate than hanging out with two (Yes, two!) hot quarterbacks battling for dominance and their hearts on the field and off.

”Eric finally made a sound—a single moan. If Cache had any defenses, they were strippe...more
Smith Barney
This could/should have been longer. Sort of feels like watching your team win the Superbowl without the benefit of the season games and highlights..minus the blood-sweat-&-tears it kind of makes the win not as sweet.

But-Okay.Whatever. The writing for being so short is surprisingly solid. We have (2) superstar-NFL-team-rival-Q-backs playing a pretty good game at being walking-talking testosterone billboards for heterosexuality but when in actuality are secretly together in a decade-long love...more
Jenre
Why I bought the book: It began with the letter Q! Yes, if it hadn't been for my A-Z challenge I may never have bought or read this book. I didn't have any Q books on my TBR pile and so put out a plea on Good Reads for suggestions. Thanks to Sagajo for suggesting this one!

Plot: The story begins when star Quarterback, Cache, is rushed to hospital. His team have won the championship but a last minute collision with an opposing team member has left Cache's knee badly injured, so much so that he may...more
Nic
This is a great short story. What makes it great? Well, it's football and it's quarterbacks, and there's injury and soul searching. This is long term love with friendly competition and cute rivalry between wonderful characters.

How many times have you read a story involving elite sports players facing the big coming out question and you have thought..."You've already reached the pinnacle of your profession. You're not going to get any higher, and look what happened. Your knee could be fucked. An...more
Monique
This book was exactly what I was in the mood for.

A short, sweet m/m read.

It's about two star quarterbacks who have been in a relationship for nine years that they've kept under wraps, and tabloids have outed them as having a 'gay affair' after one of them was injured during a game.

This was such a great read, I wanted more! I thought the fact that they've been together for so long was wonderful. I loved that this author told how they came together and fell in love through flashbacks.

These two...more
Stacey
Ok, so I have a thing for athlete stories. Guilty as charged. There's nothing else that makes me more giddy, amped up, and deliciously tense. And Quarterback Sneak is a perfect example why.
LutaWolf
I'm not really going to write a review here because there are so many. However I am going to say that this was a four star but I've re-read this book a few times now and that makes it a five star book. There are some parts in the book that are so heartwarming they are worth re-reading.
Stacey Jo
This was is a novella by Pepper Espinoza about two quarterbacks at the height of their careers that takes place over about a two day period. The author uses flashbacks to give us glimpses into Cache's and Eric's life together, which is considerable since they have been friends since grade school.

Cache has just brought his team the football championship against a rival team; a team that has Eric as it's quarterback. But at the end of the game, Cache's knee is snapped backward, possibly ending his...more
Erotic Horizon
Waking up in the hospital was the last thing quarterback Cache Garnett expected when he won the football championship - over not only his greatest rival but also his lover of nearly a decade, Eric Patton.

Both men grew up together and have been rivals their entire lives. Along with the rivalry there has always been a sexual tension which they acted on nearly a decade earlier – but in a sport that is not forgiving to anything or anyone outside of the norm, they have kept their union a secret.

With...more
Lucy
I don't like football, so I was worried about this, but I love Pepper Espinoza, and she didn't disappoint. I do admit to skimming the football talk, but the main story, how far will you go to keep the one that you love, was a good one, and Cache and Eric were a competitive, argumentative, real world seeming hidden couple. When Cache is hurt playing football (against Eric's team) their relationship becomes fodder for gossip, and he must decide how to handle it. For a while, I wanted to just shake...more
Chris
Touching m/m romance about two pro quarterbacks in a decade-long relationship who are outed.
Elisa Rolle
Pepper Espinoza loves the unlikely lovers who win over everything. And she loves romance. This last book is a very nice novella, about two football quarterback in love; but it's not one of that story where love suddenly strikes and the two lovers can't do nothing if not surrender, it's the story of two childhood best friend grew together with a common passion, football, but this very passion drew them apart, first in different college and then in different teams. Despite the distance and the nee...more
Karen
4.5 stars--This was a quick, roughly one and a half hour read. It was touching and steamy with some moments of light humor. It was a perfect weekend morning read with just the right amount of angst.

Cache and Eric had been friends since childhood and were now competing national quarterbacks. Football was everything to Cache; it's what he lived for. Family and relationships were key for Eric--nothing mattered more. When Cache is sidelined, perhaps permanently, will he realize just how important Er...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Very nice story about two quarterbacks who've been in a secret but committed relationship for nearly ten years. One is injured in the championship game and the next day the headlines aren't about the win or the injury. They're gossip about a relationship between the two gay men.

How they handle it in the present is combined with flashbacks of how they got together to make an interesting story. Great choice for a beach read.
Bookbee
3.50 Stars

I'm not a football lover so would never have picked up this short had it not been for a reading challenge. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. Some of the sports lingo went completely past me but that didn't subtract too much from the storyline. The alternating time jumps were a little confusing at first but once I clued in I found it to be an effective way to introduce the MCs past interactions.
Shannon
I thought this was a cute read. Pretty emotional for such a short novella. I don't generally like the past/present switching but it worked alright in this case. Got a little confused about who was who at first seeing as their both professional ball players and just using their names back and forth made me work for it. Short and sweet, I liked it!
Jess
I loved the story idea and the writing style but I hated the time line changes. When it flashed back to their past I found myself skimming through the sex scenes to get back to the present day. I would have given it a 4 or 5 star rating if there was no flashbacks, it was just to jarring and I dont think they were really necessary.
Lynnebaby
Sweet, quick read. I liked how we flashed back to the special moments of the relationship and kept returning to the conflict at the start of each chapter. Nicely written. It would've been nice to have been longer, but it ended well and was just another moment in their lives.
Meggie
This short novella was interesting and both main characters, too. But I would liked it better with different writing style. This jump mix with past and present tense isn't my favorite style. I'm sure, that with more developed plot the story would be amazing.
Hilcia
Re-read. Enjoyed reading all about Eric and Cache's sports/football romance for the second time.
Liked it, love sport romance. Just wanted it to be longer.
Ami
Quite a nice short story in the sports' world :)
Monica
3.5, short but sweet.
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Overdrive
  • Aquamarine
  • Home Ice
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • Out in the Field
  • Carbon and Ash
  • Power Play
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Offside (Offside, #1)
  • Two-Man Advantage (Seattle Marauders, #1)
  • How To Quit Playing Hockey
  • Open Tackle
  • Love Match
  • Wrestling with Desire (Wrestling #1)
  • Dar and Gregg (Jock Dorm, #1)
  • You Can Leave Your Hat On
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
Pepper Espinoza has published several books with Liquid Silver Books, including The Zebra Wore Fishnets and The Zebra Wore Red Stockings, Amber Quill Press, Whiskey Creek Press, and Samhain Publishing. She currently lives in Utah with her husband and two cats. She hopes to complete her Masters degree in Literature in May, 2008.

Ms. Espinoza also collaborates with Vivien Dean, and they publish as Ja...more
More about Pepper Espinoza...
My Only Home (My Only Home, #1) If All The Sand Were Pearl The Prince Who Never Smiled The Obsolete Man Pisces: From Behind That Locked Door (Boys of the Zodiac, #12)