Start by marking “Midnight Reborn (The Watchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Reborn (The Watchers, #1)

Midnight Reborn (The Watchers #1)

Never look back…

The Watchers, Book 1

After suffering years of abuse as the virtual prisoner of a drug lord, Robyn Andrews has had enough. A carefully planned escape is her only hope for survival. Her past nipping at her heels, she boards the first bus out of town and heads for Louisville, Kentucky.

Trigg is a Watcher with two missions in life. One, to hunt and eliminate

Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Reborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Reborn

Cindyg
Nov 17, 2010 Cindyg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a terrific read. I love Ms. McEntire's writing and storytelling style. I fell in love the characters, Trigg, Robyn, Vane, Rosa and Rayne. I was on the edge of my seat thru most of story. You'll Trigg's integrity, and Robyn's strength to endure and overcome the things she's survived. Vane whose favorite letter is "F", you'll have to read the book to find out what that means. And Rayne the level headed one, the one vampire the others respect and listen to.
And let's not forget the sensual ingr
Meka
Aug 06, 2012 Meka rated it it was ok
Oh this book. I just don't know. I feel like I just keep reading books that simply miss the mark for me, and yet I have a sinking feeling this is going to be my it's so bad, it's kind of good' story.

The book has all of the tropes that I really like. I love trauma tropes and watching characters overcome the terrible things that have happened to them. I also love vampires. But this book had way too many moments where I sighed and said woefully 'oh, this book.'

Robyn Andrews is a prisoner of a drugl
Verna Loves Books
Oct 05, 2013 Verna Loves Books rated it it was amazing
If you love a great Vampire book with romance and love then you need to check out this book. It was absolutely wonderful and the characters will steal your heart :)

Brace yourself when you start to read this book. The beginning will have you an emotional wreck. It sure did me. I was so angry and sad all at the same time. I felt absolutely horrible for Robyn and all that she went through. She endured a lot of abuse and it really got to me.

Robyn was a very strong young lady. She went through thi
Starry
Dec 23, 2011 Starry rated it really liked it
Eva Millien
Jan 16, 2014 Eva Millien rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-author
The first book in The Watchers series is an intriguing and fascinating vampire world.

After escaping years of abuse as the prisoner of a brutal drug lord, Robyn Andrews boards the first bus out of town and heads for Louisville, Kentucky where a chance encounter with a stranger changes her life for the better? Watchers have one mission in life; to hunt and eliminate Rogue vampires and Trigg just wants to be left alone and do his job. But he can’t seem to harden his heart against the petite woman w
Kiki
Mar 04, 2010 Kiki rated it really liked it
While this story mostly stuck to the basic vampire rules, which I personally like, there were also a few differences which kept it interesting rather than distracting from the story. Truthfully, I found myself unable to stop reading it. Being an author, I hear the old adage of show and don’t tell quite often, but I think this story did a nice job of both. I liked the “telling” to tell you the truth, it was written passionately enough to easily glide me through it like a vamp salivates over the ...more
Book Review Diva
Dec 14, 2011 Book Review Diva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
Diane McEntire's book "Book 1: “ The Watchers- Midnight Reborn "

Midnight Reborn is a wonderful love story. I could feel the characters emotions throughout the book. At times the emotions ran so strong within me that I had tears in my eyes. I was blown away by this book and how well it was written. I'm excited to read the next book of this squeal. I highly recommend this book to everyone, a must read for vampire lovers. Very, Very, Good Job Diane!

5 Fangs out of 5!

Reviewed by: Raven Kelly- Vampire
Bitten_by_Books
Nov 04, 2010 Bitten_by_Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rachel
In the book Midnight Reborn, Robyn Andrews is a young girl with a single mom watching out for her. Her life is a struggle on some levels, but that is nothing compared to what happens when her mom hooks up with Jake Carter. Then both of their lives take a turn for the worse. The two women are transported into a living hell of extreme physical and emotion abuse...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Midnight Reborn in it's
JoAnne Kenrick
Nov 04, 2010 JoAnne Kenrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star-rating
Why'd I wait so long to start this series? I feel I missed out on something now :( I really enjoyed it. And, although I hate to compare authors, I can't help with this one. I thought it was authored by Lara Adrian and V.C. Andrews together. Two very different authors, yet here, in this book, those two styles combine perfectly. I loved the voice, and characterization was spot on. I'm invested in the characters and want more. All the ingredients of a successful series. Like I said. Sorry I didn't ...more
Rachel
Jan 08, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Amazing story and characters. Robyn's story is heartbreaking yet hopeful. The interplay between characters is believable and made this a book I could not put down. I can't waight to read more!
Samantha Holdsworth
Samantha Holdsworth rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Juliana Chen
Juliana Chen rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Choysi
Choysi rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
Marion
Marion rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Missy Martine
Missy Martine rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2011
Tina Andersen
Tina Andersen rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2012
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2010
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
Lupe
Lupe rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Sabrina Hime
Sabrina Hime rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Suzie Anderson
Suzie Anderson rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2014
Aileen
Aileen rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2010
Doriah
Doriah rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2011
Rhea
Rhea rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2011
D. McEntire lives with her husband and two children in Southern Indiana. However, both she and her husband are originally from Louisville, Kentucky. D. McEntire relishes life in the peace of the country along with the menagerie of animals on their small farm.

Being hooked on romance novels for several years, she decided to try her hand at writing her own. Even as a child, she had a vivid imaginatio
More about D. McEntire...

The Watchers (7 books)
  • Midnight Rose (The Watchers, #2)
  • Midnight Revelations (The Watchers, #3)
  • Midnight Savior (The Watchers, #4)
  • Midnight Unseen: The Watchers
  • Midnight Rider (the Watchers #6)
  • Midnight Silence (The Watchers, #7)